Bars and pubs could open soon

kingofthemountain

4 hours ago, hackjam said:

Only ones who partake in Songkarn watersports are dumb idiot tourists, there are none about, all that's left in Pattaya are residents, who totally detest the whole Songkarn circus.

Absolute nonsense.

• Confused 3

Doing 60 kph or more on a bike and a bucket of water hits you full in the face is no laughing matter.

Even at 40 kph which is the speed I do on my little scooter in the village is no fun either.

Edited by OneeyedJohn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Most welcome in the heat of April.

Not really

on your way to the next 7\11 at only 30 meters from your hotel to buy some stuffs

you suddenly take some not wanted buckets of iced water all other your body

then you enter the 7\11 with the air con on maximum level as usual,

Your clothes are soaked in ice water. Even if you stay only few minutes

you should be lucky if you don't have a good flu and be forced to stay in the bed with fever

for the rest of your holidays

enjoy 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, hackjam said:

Only ones who partake in Songkarn watersports are dumb idiot tourists, there are none about, all that's left in Pattaya are residents, who totally detest the whole Songkarn circus.

Enough Thais enjoy it to make a go of it while us Expats sit at home and whinge and whine as usual. 

Daily Telegraph is reporting that pubs in the UK may be allowed to open on the 15th.

4th July was previously mooted but news expected this week about a change.

This is a line from that piece: 

PM may bring forward plans to reopen pubs and restaurants

"Mr Johnson is this week expected to use a No 10 press conference to set out the blueprint for non-essential retail restarting on June 15..."

57 minutes ago, SidJames said:

Daily Telegraph is reporting that pubs in the UK may be allowed to open on the 15th.

4th July was previously mooted but news expected this week about a change.

This is a line from that piece: 

PM may bring forward plans to reopen pubs and restaurants

"Mr Johnson is this week expected to use a No 10 press conference to set out the blueprint for non-essential retail restarting on June 15..."

Countries are coordinating their closing and opening of venues so 15 June wouldn't surprise me

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Why on Earth would they do that?

You must have noticed it before? one country shuts down something, then another country does the same, it's not just a coincidence the same dates are used. They are trying to have a coordinated response to the virus where possible, probably guided\bullied by WHO. Why would say Thailand and UK both choose 15 June to open bars?

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

You must have noticed it before? one country shuts down something, then another country does the same, it's not just a coincidence the same dates are used. They are trying to have a coordinated response to the virus where possible, probably guided\bullied by WHO. Why would say Thailand and UK both choose 15 June to open bars?

In France bars are open since the 2 june

even with 30 000 deaths in 2 months because of the virus (Still 13 deaths yesterday)

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I see it as incorrect, relaxation of controls should be based on the prevailing situation in country.... Thailand and the UK are far apart. I do see the UK idiotically copying Thai controls some months later... ie too late, thinking of mask wearing and quarantining arrivals into the country specifically here.

Personally I wonder whether bars and pubs will be liberated on June 15th in Thailand, I suspect restaurants will get permission for limited alcohol service, but bars, GGBs, Discos etc need more thought and a tight rein is held here.

Edited by jacko45k

Everything, except their boarders, has been open for a few weeks now in Vietnam. 

330 cases, 0 deaths.  It's one of the most successful countries to handle the virus. 

Edited by Leaver

Suddenly it is not looking good for bars opening on the 15th.

Translated from a PBS news item:

Draft plan of relaxations of #COVID19 restrictions in "phase 4" (potentially on June 15)

- International schools can reopen
- Restaurants, food courts, hotel can serve alcohol
- Pubs, bars, karaoke venues are still NOT allowed to serve alcohol
- daycare facilities (e.g. kindergarten) can reopen
- events (incl. sports), conferences, concerts can take place (but with safe distancing)
- spas, onsen, "saunas", herbal compressions can offer services again (with safe distancing)
- theme parks, playgrounds, public swimming pools can reopen 
- all sports, competitions w/o spectators
All these measures and points for "phase 4" are still part of a DRAFT PLAN, final decisions will be on FRIDAY - so as of now, nothing is official yet.

Edited by TaaSaparot
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

- Restaurants, food courts, hotel can serve alcohol
- Pubs, bars, karaoke venues are still NOT allowed to serve alcohol

I think there would be a massive rebellion if that happened and understandable too

43 minutes ago, smedly said:

fact - the vast majority hate it

Not my experience.

44 minutes ago, smedly said:

in fact I don't know one single foreign resident that enjoys it, many even go to extreme measures to avoid it by getting out of Thailand over songkran 

The biggest Songkran whingers are those that never experience it, or hide themselves away from it.

45 minutes ago, smedly said:

The fact is goes on for almost 7 days is absolute torture  

Sorry to let you know but it has been 10-11 days the last few years.

But mostly just daytime in a few spots around town that can easily be avoided by some pre-planning.

(My last comment on the subject)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Seen every .. sorry enjoyed every Songkran since 1991, so that's 28 for me.

Please enlighten me

if you are not a child under 10 years old age

or an adult with an IQ below 70, what is exactly the

pleasure to throw buckets of ice water to passers-by 

wich most of the time have asked nothing of this kind?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Please enlighten me

if you are not a child under 10 years old age

or an adult with an IQ below 70, what is exactly the

pleasure to throw buckets of ice water to passers-by 

wich most of the time have asked nothing of this kind?

I don't.

2 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

I don't.

thank you

what i have described is the main activity in Pattaya during this mess called Songkran

so i am still waiting from one of the enthusiastics participants a logic answer to my simple question.

Someone else?

Edited by kingofthemountain