Jump to content
BANGKOK
kingofthemountain

Bars and pubs could open soon

Recommended Posts

Did the government not release a colour coded chart a month back or so which gave dates on reopening? I was sure normal bars were given the date of July 15th to reopen. If I can find the chart I will post it, or if anyone else has seen it please post it, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lee b said:

I was sure normal bars were given the date of July 15th to reopen.

Nothing has been decided yet for the exact date of the reopening

as usual in Thailand, and particularly with this crisis

the decisions are made day by day

Edited by kingofthemountain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nightwish Group saying today that they expect to open on the 15th of June.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will probably be the same as massage shops, open but hardly any customers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

Nightwish Group saying today that they expect to open on the 15th of June.

Nightwish group can say it, but in fact, as the others, they don't know the date or reopen.

On his facebook page, the Nightwish group ''boss'' Brian Flowers writed the 20 may

on his facebook page ''....I don't blame people at all, but everything will be ok soon. If we don't open the bars on June the 1st, it will likely by June 15th, at which point we will jump in the deep end and do our best to survive until the world opens up.'' 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

Nightwish group can say it, but in fact, as the others, they don't know the date or reopen.

On his facebook page, the Nightwish group ''boss'' Brian Flowers writed the 20 may

on his facebook page ''....I don't blame people at all, but everything will be ok soon. If we don't open the bars on June the 1st, it will likely by June 15th, at which point we will jump in the deep end and do our best to survive until the world opens up.'' 

How have Nightwish managed to survive? get a rent reduction or something?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

How have Nightwish managed to survive? get a rent reduction or something?

I have no idea how much ''fund reserve'' they still have

but they probably not last long if the reopen isn't coming soon

Edited by kingofthemountain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

How have Nightwish managed to survive? get a rent reduction or something?

Numerous investors (mug punters) wanting to say they own a share in a bar. 

A few years ago even convinced the “mug punters” to contribute cash to running costs of its forum. lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SidJames said:

Las Vegas had reopened.

Gogo dancers in face masks.

 

Gogo dancers in LV wearing masks

It would work fine in Pattaya too, as long as they're not wearing anything below the neck, lol.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

Numerous investors (mug punters) wanting to say they own a share in a bar. 

A few years ago even convinced the “mug punters” to contribute cash to running costs of its forum. lol. 

They were looking for a loan in the last year to open another bar or two so can't have cash just sitting there.  A mystery how they've managed to weather the storm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2020 at 4:16 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Immunity either through previous exposure (every couple of years) or through vaccine is the only way we may deal with this virus - We have no choice but to live with the risk.

 

The latest I've heard from Dr. Fauci in the U.S. is speculation that:

 

--whatever immunity someone who's come down with CV gains may be very short-lived at best.

 

--same with the protective effective of a potential vaccine.

 

Quote

“When you look at the history of coronaviruses, the common coronaviruses that cause the common cold, the reports in the literature are that the durability of immunity that’s protective ranges from three to six months to almost always less than a year,” he said. “That’s not a lot of durability and protection.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/02/dr-anthony-fauci-says-theres-a-chance-coronavirus-vaccine-may-not-provide-immunity-for-very-long.html

 

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/06/03/scott-gottlieb-covid-19-vaccine-seasonal-immunization-squawk-box.html

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Nightwish Group saying today that they expect to open on the 15th of June.

I've heard the same date from 3 different bar owners in the last week. A very strong rumour.

 

Also, the bar nearest me has been deserted for 2 months. All the girls returned home. Saw them all back and eating outside the bar 2 days ago. I can smell a JD!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The latest I've heard from Dr. Fauci in the U.S. is speculation that:

Well, no one believes a word that knob says now. Him and the CDC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...