Amnesty paradox

11 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

The only thing special, and I can see what the OP is meaning is the fact that there is supposedly an amnesty in place and no need to report until July 31st.

So again it looks like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing as far as Immigration is concerned.

I think the amnesty was instated to help those in problems ...not just to skip the requirments as for those not in problem as example me ret.ext. holder .

If i should do my ret.ext. in this amnesty i would also not skip it ......this amnesty is meant for the ones in problem, so that is why i even not dodged  the 90 day rapport.....keep in mind if all go at the end week of amnesty (if not prolonged of course ) same chaos as before shall be the result .

BTW no excuse  can not leave ...as flying out of Thailand is possible...flights availble , but not possible to return .....that is why i cancelled my 2yearly visit Europe as i realize things shall not be normal untill 2021 first quarter at best ...

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

She just got the wrong person on the phone who did not know they were not required.

It is clearly written in the ministerial notice that they are not required for anybody.

That's what I thought it said as well

Thanks for clarification.

5 hours ago, glegolo said:

This is just your interpretation of this amnesty, but it is not the reality. The amnesty says just that there is no need to make any 90 day report until passing the 31st of july, and nothing more... So if you love to see the immigration, just feel free to go there and mingle, but there is certainly no need for it.

glegolo

Like you say it was just my interpretation ….. same probably for your reply who is also an interpretation , only different .????

And about Immigration ...., well i never had any problem with them , if  documents are in order as they like and using the 800K method all goes in a flash lately !

Most complains for desk 8 at Jomtien is by those who don't qualify ,or documents not in order to comply 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

The amnesty was put in place after scenes of long queues at immigration offices were published. It was done to protect both IOs and clients against Covid. No need to go near the place until on or after July 31st. Immigration have already said that when the need to go returns, there will be a period of grace to abrogate the need for everyone to visit immigration on the same day.

Stop panicking, chill out and keep an eye on TV for news.

I am not panicking as even not in need for amnesty as a ret.ext holder, only I don't like crowded places, well ...now immigration is almost empty …, but when ever this amnesty ends I think you people who did not go to immigration if needed & you would qualify to go , well enjoy the crowd at that moment ???? (this only for those who just took the amnesty for easiness …)????

Could it not be read in a way that if you normally do 90 day reports then you should continue to do so (as persons unaffected by Covid-19)... but those that have found themselves staying (stranded) in Thailand for more that 90 days in categories that would not ordinarily have to do, or even be aware of a 90 day report are in fact the only ones that are exempt?

Edited by Satcommlee
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

The only thing special, and I can see what the OP is meaning is the fact that there is supposedly an amnesty in place and no need to report until July 31st.

So again it looks like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing as far as Immigration is concerned.

You can do your 90 days report in person if you want at most Immigration offices, or online. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Max69xl said:

You can do your 90 days report in person if you want at most Immigration offices, or online. 

Nobody is disputing that but if there is a blanket amnesty in place until July 31st, there is no point unless he has a fetish about Immigration offices.

Also, more than a few have complained the online app is not working.

Edited by Scouse123

I just feel weird not having anything official in my passport right now. 

You do feel like a legal overstayer but it is just strange. 

I have always had visas all the time 

Just feels weird now being about 1 month over my last multi o stamp in early May

But will go to CM imm near on or just after July 31st once they work that out and get a 2 month extension for now. 

Just feels strange 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Satcommlee said:

Could it not be read in a way that if you normally do 90 day reports then you should continue to do so (as persons unaffected by Covid-19)... but those that have found themselves staying (stranded) in Thailand for more that 90 days in categories that would not ordinarily have to do, or even be aware of a 90 day report are in fact the only ones that are exempt?

No

So you have  an amnesty until the end of July.

Lets assume it ends then. Do you want to be going to immigration With all the others who used it to the full extent and repeat the crush every90 days thereafter.

Id be doing one now while it is quiet and be far from immigration when the amnesty ends. 

Surely  regardless of official orders from on high. 

People who have been around in Thailand a while on extensions where 90 day reports are required would in all honesty be better to keep there horses in a line and just do the 90 day report. 

Therefore elevating the mass rush as and when the Amnesty finishes which we all know will happen. There will be zero chance of things being slowly done it will be bang that's it. 

Common sense in my eyes to do it free up immigration offices for other more important tasks that will surely be needed. 

But I guess and fully expect page after page of posts moaning about having to queue for hours to do there 90 day reports. 

So come on let's be sensible and help ourself it's not rocket science.