Proposed rehabilitation of THAI will expose a Pandora’s Box of corruption

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

while the parasites carried on sucking the blood out of the airline.”

I would believe there will be a few that are covered by immunity and that their names cannot be mentioned. I would gather a fall person or persons are being set up to be thrown under the airliners landing gear. But funny is the blood in the end was actually coming from public funding.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Without the proposed rehabilitation plan, the former chief prosecutor said that that the public would probably never know the truth “while the parasites carried on sucking the blood out of the airline.”

With the boards full approval, corruption is the downfall of everything eventually, Thai airways has been riddled with it for decades.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I am wondering how Thai can even be flying at all at this point. I am sure it will have trouble landing in other airports or getting fuel or maintenance done to planes as well as getting food and other items.  These are normally billed to the company but when a company goes to bankruptcy it tells everyone to cut the credit as they have no means of collection. 

Pilots are paying cash wherever they land.

And now TG has cancelled all July flights to northern Europe........

I'm worried that they would rather go bust than show the world their dirty laundry.......

One thing is certain - I will NEVER book another TG flight......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rasmus5150 said:

And now TG has cancelled all July flights to northern Europe........

I'm worried that they would rather go bust than show the world their dirty laundry.......

In other words, internal chaos reigns. 

13 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

Same for my wife and I.  We moved away from TG on a permanent basis five years ago.  Too pricey and trolley dollies with bigger attitudes than BA crew and that's saying something.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chainarong said:

What needs to be done is to eliminate the most corrupt of them all, the Government, then sort through the mess from there, this isn't going to happen so it's business as usual.

And I'm having doubts that the bankruptcy/ rehabilitation or whatever they're calling it today will ever really go ahead and be completed. Won't surprise me if somehow it limps along for many more years, partly because the powerful folks at Thai (now and many already retired), don't want the lid lifted/fear the lid being lifted.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, torturedsole said:

Same for my wife and I.  We moved away from TG on a permanent basis five years ago.  Too pricey and trolley dollies with bigger attitudes than BA crew and that's saying something.   

My last flight with them was some years ago Business class BKK to Dubai the attitude of the crew stunk, I bet they are changing their attitude now or maybe not

8 hours ago, ChipButty said:

My last flight with them was some years ago Business class BKK to Dubai the attitude of the crew stunk, I bet they are changing their attitude now or maybe not

I have no doubt quite a few see that they belong to a different sector of Thai society which is entitled to more and whatever pleases them and it would be totally unthinkable to disturb their entitled life. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 6:09 AM, impulse said:

That depends on whether the guilty party is in or out of favor with the ruling Junta... 

If corruption charges will keep an opposition candidate out of the running, they'll jump on it.  With both feet.  If it's one of the junta's minions, they won't.

The government will probably try to put the blame on Thaksin.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why? Because i was on that plane.:cheesy:

First flight into Swampy after the airport blockade, flight from Phuket.

On boarding we were told we would be landing at Utapao, then mid air told Swampy is now open, we will be landing there.

Must have sucked for all the passengers with family waiting to greet them...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The government will probably try to put the blame on Thaksin.

Thaksin was yesteryear's boogeyman.  Why waste a great crisis blaming someone who can't come back to Thailand unless a new group of his supporters get elected and pass an amnesty?   It would be much more effective to blame scapegoat his supporters who are still eligible to be elected and try to pass an amnesty.   

Like they tried in 2014...  They can't have that happen again.  Ever.  Accuse them of corruption and disqualify them from running.  It's in the playbook.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 5:16 AM, phkauf said:

They may run out of bullets.

...Or of businessmen (from monopolists to shopkeepers), bankers, loansharks, middlemen, ...politicians, media people, etc., you name it!

And what did the vast majority of real, true Thais do then? Well, erm, you know...

i know  they have told me that Thai planes take 3 to 4 times longer to fix than other airlines and cost 4 times as much due mainly to laziness and  corruption   British and  USA , aircraft maintenance inspectors  and Engineers that oversee  Thai  operations for international compliance and insurance as well as technical support,,,,,They are the laughing stock of the industry   ,, the planes end up  well maintained but they lose  so much money compare to almost any other airli

One mate told me they had to inspect the engine change on a Thai 747    should have taken  max 24 hours   and another half day for tests  it was omnly a single engine  but the Thai technicians took 8 days to do it   because  the manager in the hanger  wanted it done slow   someone was making  tea money out of it  also the union  makes money out of it , they also ofyten inflated costs o the finacne dept and got kick backs ,,did not care thet foreigners could see what was happening  .

Edited by liddelljohn

On 6/5/2020 at 10:09 AM, scorecard said:

Good points. This thread talks about the corruption, there's also cronyism and nepotism, both totally rampant in this airline (airline not the correct word, not quite true, it's really a powerful self organized self controlled, membership restricted hi-so status club with benefits). 

An example, after a few years service cabin crew get a draft of their work/flights schedule for the next several months. They are entitled to refuse to take some/all of the flights listed on the draft. e.g. Paris, no thanks too cold in that month, Singapore, no thanks been there 10 times already this year, etc. They mark what they want and don't want and make suggestions of where they will fly, it goes back to the scheduling folks who re-arrange it all. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 5:24 AM, impulse said:

Mr. Wanchai also recommended that the loss-ridden State Railway of Thailand file for bankruptcy protection as well.

And open up yet another can of worms...

Well at least SRT hasn't been wasting their money on trains, unlike the silly folks at Thai Air

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 1:06 PM, scorecard said:

I have no doubt quite a few see that they belong to a different sector of Thai society which is entitled to more and whatever pleases them and it would be totally unthinkable to disturb their entitled life. 

The cabin crewmembers usually 'consider' the non-Thais with a marked disdain, or even plain ignorance or reprieve(*), the Thais being immediately split by them based on some mysterious signs in 3 categories: the cattle, the vulgum and the better people. No-one outside of business-class being given any same-level consideration, with the rare exception of economy passengers accompanying some of the previous.

Nothing special in itself actually: the same medieval mentality as among the self-proclamed Krung Thep "elite", the lower level(!) of cleans toilets and serves food and drinks on THAI...

(* and of course this was in the years BEFORE Covid-19, whatwill it become when they, ever, fly again...?)