Thai-made thermal face scanning device in development

webfact

As there is no clarity on technical specifications, devices are imported

Are we using the right thermal body scanners for screening temperature as a measure to prevent the spread of Covid-19? May be not.

In fact, there seems to be a lack of clarity on these thermal scanning devices. Multiple thermal scanners reviewed by BusinessLine reported different temperatures for the same human body. The temperature displayed on these scanners varied from 87°F to 97.5°F within a span of 30 minutes. No other metrics were changed between these tests.

Asked about the varying temperatures exhibited by these devices, an online retailer said, “We don’t know about the technical specifications of these devices, we just act as traders for these thermal scanners. The product is manufactured and imported from China and that is all we know.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai-made thermal face scanning device in development

Nothing new here, Been used already for Yrs.  Thais making a Copy with an different frame. 

Body Temperature Screening Solutions designed specifically for commercial business. Walkthrough gate with thermal sensors, wrist temperature detector, non contact scanners. Made In USA. 

4 hours ago, Heppinger said:

No emotionally inept's running wild, looting, burning and smashing.  so the Thai's are ahead on that front.  

Yep, they already did that back in 2006 to 2010 until the army had to come out and start shooting.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Saint Nick said:

So...you are new to this country!?

lived in Thailand for over 5 years, been coming to Thailand for about 12, i can speak Thai, when i want to, and have 2 Thai sons. I don't know what's new?

35 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

lived in Thailand for over 5 years, been coming to Thailand for about 12, i can speak Thai, when i want to, and have 2 Thai sons. I don't know what's new?

Your very ...ahm...unique POV in this little nugget: "No emotionally inept's running wild, looting, burning and smashing.  so the Thai's are ahead on that front. "

• Haha 1