Pattaya beaches: Police chief warns tourists - we have the power if you break the rules

webfact

Just now, jacko45k said:

This surprises you?

Not really,

however that was flagrant and in public.

Wonder what would have happened if at the same time, or while they were sitting there, 4 "normal" people would have come in.

On 6/5/2020 at 8:12 AM, darksidedog said:

So you open the beaches and when people go there the authorities freak out. I have no problem being reminded of the rules, but it is a bit much when you are essentially threatened. Given so many of the other places to go remain closed, the beach is about the one place left that people can go, but with the cops in a power frenzy, get ready for stories of sad and stupid arrests and fines, especially one suspects for farang.

The police in Vietnam made similar warnings at first, but haven't seen any evidence of them trying to enforce mask wearing on beaches. That's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

More reason to stay away from popular beaches at least, until the state of emergency ends.

• Like 2

So, how does one swim at the beach while wearing a mask? I really do not care since the waters are too polluted for me but new tourists will need to know all of the rules before the local police start rounding them up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:

So, how does one swim at the beach while wearing a mask? I really do not care since the waters are too polluted for me but new tourists will need to know all of the rules before the local police start rounding them up.

I always wear a mask......and snorkel.

9 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

Masks are not required when swimming. Before you criticize the rules it is best to learn what they are.