Public hearing on growing ganja at home begins today

webfact

54 minutes ago, Denim said:

As a previous daily smoker and someone with high blood pressure , I don't think there is any serious evidence to suggest cannabis is a good treatment for high blood pressure ( whatever other benefits it has ). Those studies that have been made seem to suggest the opposite is more likely .

https://wayofleaf.com/cannabis/101/how-does-marijuana-affect-your-blood-pressure

Nonetheless, we don’t recommend using cannabis specifically to lower your heart rate or treat your blood pressure. Speak to your doctor before considering medical marijuana for any condition.

Yeah at first when lighting up it probably works opposite and increases heart rate and then subsides 10 -15 minute afterward. But also probably depends on the type and strength of the stuff. But it is not going to blow your heart or should not give you a heart attack. that stuff is attributed to other life styles.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I know the outcome of the hearing already:

'Waiting to borrow a face mask from a friend' who has since died is a reasonable answer.

Oi!! 'Watch' what you are saying!! ????????????????????????????????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

When is the public hearing about this Anutin guy breaking his own rules going to be?

I imagine it will be dealt with like the UK. First they deny it, then they try and justify it, then they try to shut down any discussion by saying that they 'know' the public doesn't want to hear about it and lets move on....

Same words as Nixon used during Watergate and Blair after the illegal Iraq invasion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Farang not allowed?

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Farang not allowed?

Only if you have a Thai wife, another way to force single falangs who want to grow weed into marriage.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, banagan said:

Is medical marijuana really available here?

If so, is it only available for Thais?

Yes it is....and for foreigners too.  I used this service, which worked out great.  420 Meds Thailand

I applied for a medical card and then they set me up with a specialized doctor at a private clinic.  The doctor was very nice, spoke perfect English, and I got the meds right away.  Well worth the $99 service charge.

6 hours ago, lust said:

Thailand has the opportunity to make this country amazing again. Want your tourism back? Start opening weed friendly resorts. Bring the money and smiles back to Thai people. Tax and sell it!

interesting. i don't indulge but I am not stupid enough to realise that it is a pretty harmless drug. I think it will be a brave government that endorse that kind of thing. However if they do so you are right it would very likely be an enormous boost to the economy with the country being flooded by people wanting to smoke on a tropical beach. Oh wait no smoking on beaches now or pretty much anywhere so not sure how that would work. Also, if they were to legalise it there would be no turning back, it would never be able to reinvent itself as a high end tourist destination, Thailand would be going down a different road. However, it is a very interesting idea for the country thats for sure, after all tourism was crashing and burning before Covid 19 from what I saw in Pattaya so the glory days were gone and it needs reinvention from "sex tourist" destination... I guess we will see what happens.

2 hours ago, mrfill said:

I imagine it will be dealt with like the UK. First they deny it, then they try and justify it, then they try to shut down any discussion by saying that they 'know' the public doesn't want to hear about it and lets move on....

Same words as Nixon used during Watergate and Blair after the illegal Iraq invasion.

That was a really good answer. Actually works, and well thought of. ???? 

24 minutes ago, lesmac said:

Turn this into Amsterdam, they are more than half way anyway

makes sense to me, i have mentioned before better for Thailand to embrace what they are and advertise it and regulate it rather then pretend places like Pattaya are world class, family resorts. 

11 hours ago, rkidlad said:

They can own 49% of the plant with a local partner owning 51%. The farang must also employ 4 local staff to take care of the plant. If the plant is a success, the government reserve the right to take the plant off you and cancel your visa. 

Take the top 49% of the plant.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, samtab said:

Weed and oil are everywhere, the black market is already so big that they have no more choice...

is CBD actually legal in Thailand yet? I left in February of this year, and since being home for the first time in a decade, I have started using it. It has been the only thing to work on psoriasis for me that isn't UV light treatment or unhealthy steroid creams. 

7 minutes ago, Mung said:

is CBD actually legal in Thailand yet? I left in February of this year, and since being home for the first time in a decade, I have started using it. It has been the only thing to work on psoriasis for me that isn't UV light treatment or unhealthy steroid creams. 

Does THC work also ?

13 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

9ft plants with barely any flowers? They say so all Thai can grow and use it who has a condition, but in all honesty it needs to cover all people who have some sort of condition i.e. high blood pressure glaucoma, anxiety etc. 

I got a prescription for Insomnia, near Don Muang VERy Nice Clinic, I brought in my heart meds but only concern was my Insomnia which is bad   

34 minutes ago, Mung said:

Yes I got at Clinic in Indra Mall by Baiyoke Hotel BKK CBD in big letters in doors closer to hotel 2 Nd floor , I also got it at Clinic near DM airport , prescriptions are 200b