Romance scam rips off Thai women to the tune of 280 million baht in one year

webfact

Romance scam rips off Thai women to the tune of 280 million baht in one year

3pm.jpg
Picture: Daily News

Thailand's immigration has admitted that they are targeting Africans who are ripping off their country folk, especially women.

Some have lost millions in investment and romance scams and the latest bust of two Nigerians and a Thai woman revealed a call center had a turnover of a staggering 280 million baht in just one calendar year. 

Daily News reported on a press conference at immigration HQ in Suan Phlu, Bangkok, yesterday in which Immigration Bureau chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang spoke of how his force was carrying out the orders of PM Prayut, DPM Prawit and chief of the RTP Chakthip Chaijinda in ridding Thailand of foreigners using the country as a base and working with Thai people in illegal activity. 

There was no mincing of words; it was clear that those mostly targeted by the Thai authorities are Africans. 

Using social media to help in their nefarious activities Africans are still engaging in so-called romance scams and investment fraud at illegal call centers. 

In the latest bust, warrants were issued for the arrest of four people - a Thai woman and three Nigerians. One Nigerian had already escaped abroad. 

3pm1.jpg
Picture: Daily News

A Thai woman was a mule used by the gang to make ATM withdrawals. She was arrested doing just that on Seri Thai Road. 

Two Nigerians were arrested at an office in Pratunam in central Bangkok. 

One Thai woman in Phuket reportedly lost 1.4 million baht. 

Other victims have filed complaints in Wang Thong Lan, Bangkok, in Phuket, Mahasarakham in the north east and in Bang Plee, Samut Prakan.

The turnover of the gang was 280 million baht in one year. 

An immigration official urged the public to continue calling 1178 or log onto www.immigration.go.th to report illegal activity of foreigners and their Thai accomplices up to no good in the kingdom. 

Source: Daily News

I don't know why they call it romance. The motive of the woman is greed not love. It is avarice part of her mind that catches her out! With men getting ripped by women, it is a completely different part of the body that is doing the thinking and neither can really be compared or described as romantic!

7 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

Just out of curiosity how much has been taken from western men by some enterprising Thai women each year  :ermm:

There has been a scam in Phuket, the wife involved, husband died, involving B3.5 Billion!

8 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

Just out of curiosity how much has been taken from western men by some enterprising Thai women each year  :ermm:

Did you mean to say ... lonely/ignorant ... western men?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I scam you.... You scam me.... We're a happy FA-MI-LY! 

That's just how the world rolls. Just a week ago there was a brit who was scammed by a thai woman by idk how many million baht... Sounds like your everyday story at the bar. This is non-newsworthy material. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 7:40 PM, Grumpy one said:

Western Men are 'supposedly' better educated............ THAN (Girls 20-50 years their JUNIOR) .... 'enterprising Thai women'...... (at this point a saying that my Mom taught me in my youth comes to mind..... "A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED"......   in this case..... Who would YOU consider the 'fools'????   The 'educated 'Farang men' or the 'uneducated Thai young women' ???

2 'wrongs' don't make a 'right'............ The Thai women, 'many' of them are decent 'gals'. and having had a 'Farang' who loved them and has given 'freely' to these Thai women, wanting them to have a better life for the years ahead........ AND THEN..... The Farang is 'gone' and these Thai women are looking for a 'replacement' for the security they lost...... 'AND THEY FALL FOR THESE NIGERIAN SCAMMERS'......

Soooo. In essence us farangs have 'actually' been swindled by these Nigerians..... 'VIA' those 'uneducated Thai women that we loved intensley and then 'we died' before they learned about the 'Nigerian <deleted>'s' (and other menaces) that lurk out there......

It seems that mostly 'Thai' women with money are labeled by many on this forum as 'worthless'..... But I still feel that they are the loveable girls (20-50 years our 'junior') that brought much happiness to our 'senior' years......... PLEASE read this over a few times to be sure you 'interpet' MY REAL MEANING........

As a follow-up thought...... Some Thai women (around the BAR-Scene) are what I call..... SHARKS.......   I Think that most farangs are cautious to inquire if swimming is dangerous for sharks........ OTHER FARANGS just dive in and swim without regard for their own safety......... and THEY get eaten by those SHARKS........ lol ......

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2020 at 11:29 AM, natway09 said:

Amazed how stupid & gullable these ladies are . Bank A/C & pin numbers must have been exchanged.

These guys good or are they that well endowed ?

yea large member hung like a donkey 5555

Are there any figures available about how much Thai women are 'ripping off' of gullible foreigners?

Or make it even more all-encompassing: the total amount foreigners are bringing into Thailand every year to then fall under control (another expression for 'vanish', 'vaporize') of female (male and in-between) Thais and their relatives?

Let me guess: 1,000 time more: 280 BILLION Baht per year?

(Not justifying the abuse of gullible Thai women's money by foreign con artists, most as black and guilty as hell! Did I write 'black'? Yes, I did, as most of these internet scammers are... black, Africans! May it be 'the flavour of the day', or not, indeed, truth matters...)