THAI seeks govt help in keeping foreign creditors at bay

webfact

what international company would ever be willing to deal with Thailand?  this was a government backed company and look how they act.  so how would a private company act.    just disgusting.   

9 hours ago, smedly said:

meaning they have wiped their hands of the debt

Knowing that Thai was about to file makes this rather dodgy to say the least - what the government did could be challenged as illegal - almost on a par with insider dealings - they knew what was happening before it happened and dumped their shares before they were frozen 

And people wonder why the baht so high.

Edited by kingdong

3 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

THAI is done. I love it. 

Not yet. The government will bail them out again once the headlines have died down.

Obviously it won’t be called a bailout it will be labeled a restructuring and reform process designed to eradicate corruption and protect national interests just like the coup was.

The Thai populace will moan for a few days on Facebook and then roll over for another tummy tickle.

A pathetic spectacle all round.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have enjoyed lots of flights with Thai Air and have always had good service, especially

compared with Air Canada.  I feel sorry for the pilots and especially the flight attendants

and ticket counter staff. These people work honestly, unlike the shady owners of

Thai Air. I do hope that a lot of these owners lose money trying to keep from going

completely bankrupt. Actually if Thai Air does go bankrupt, it may not be the only airline to

do so. Have to see how the Summer, Fall and this Winters flights add up, and we will see

if some other countries airlines fold.

Geezer

In this atmosphere of massively depleted revenues, creditors will be going for blood.  I’m sure the entire airline industry knows the corruption at THAI, and they will be willing to spend to get some cash back, and expose corruption.  This should be entertaining. . I’m sure creditors can make agreements with other countries to hold planes for them?

19 hours ago, smedly said:

meaning they have wiped their hands of the debt

Knowing that Thai was about to file makes this rather dodgy to say the least - what the government did could be challenged as illegal - almost on a par with insider dealings - they knew what was happening before it happened and dumped their shares before they were frozen 

From memory they had to get below the 50% mark to allow the bankruptcy proceedings as that could not proceed while a state enterprise. Oh and the shares went to some local pension fund or similar in what I think was an off market transaction. So with that the government should walk away, probably not. Will be interesting to see what rises from the ashes.

Cheers

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Airways International (THAI) is seeking government support in four areas, ranging from negotiating with foreign creditors to revising contracts previously signed with other state enterprises.

This should have nothing to do with the government... 

9 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I have enjoyed lots of flights with Thai Air and have always had good service, especially

compared with Air Canada.  I feel sorry for the pilots and especially the flight attendants

and ticket counter staff. These people work honestly, unlike the shady owners of

Thai Air. I do hope that a lot of these owners lose money trying to keep from going

completely bankrupt. Actually if Thai Air does go bankrupt, it may not be the only airline to

do so. Have to see how the Summer, Fall and this Winters flights add up, and we will see

if some other countries airlines fold.

Geezer

Thai air was a pleasure compared bto Air Canada.