Yikes: Thai lady driver gets the shock of her life as snake comes out of the air-con on journey home

webfact

Yikes: Thai lady driver gets the shock of her life as snake comes out of the air-con on journey home

4pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

A Thai lady got the shock of her life when a snake poked its head out of the air con unit as she was driving from Saraburi to Ang Thong. 

Nong Fah slammed on the brakes and put on the hazard lights and removed herself to the passenger seat before getting out as vehicles including a ten wheel truck screeched to a halt.

Then she did what no self respecting Thai would fail to do in such circumstances - record everything on Facebook. 

In her online post she said that she "lost it" when the snake appeared and after recovering her composure somewhat said that she had clearly "found her soulmate". 

(Thaivisa notes that this is related to Thai beliefs that extraordinary circumstances are indicators that some other unrelated matter is occurring or about to occur).

Rescue personnel and a local garage at her home in Ang Thong failed to find any evidence of the serpent that had caused Fah so much grief. 

So she took her car (#3904 for lottery purposes) to the main Toyota service centre.

4pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Three mechanics worked on it all day removing the console but found no snake - only a few chewed wires. 

Still, Fah told 77kaoded that she was not driving alone at the moment; it was better to have a friend for company. 

Thaivisa notes that the snake that the media called a "Ngoo Thang Maphraw" that is colloquially known as a coconut snake is likely to be a copperhead racer snake that is relatively common.

Though it bites and can be aggressive it is non-venomous. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-05

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now that is an excuse for a crash that is acceptable. Well done to the Lady for keeping her head and not causing a major incident, very rare occurrence.

• Like 2

Snakes have an amazing way of just disappearing. 

We had one come in the front door some time ago and as soon as it spotted us rapidly slithered behind some furniture.

The wife freaked out but managed to call the snake people while I and the dog kept watch in case it moved from it's hiding place.

The snake people came and moved everything but couldn't find the snake, even though we had watched to make sure it had not moved from behind the furniture, it had just disappeared. :w00t:

Needless to say we were very careful the next few days but never did see the snake again.

7 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I think that would just about freak anyone out.

Nah, just a simple little goof snake that basically makes a better friend than most humans.

I can't say I am a snake lover, but I have a certain morbid fascination with them and generally they don't scare me.  However, if that had happened to me, I am quite sure I would have shat myself.  Good on this lady for remaining reasonably controlled and not causing an accident.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikosan said:

I can't say I am a snake lover, but I have a certain morbid fascination with them and generally they don't scare me.  However, if that had happened to me, I am quite sure I would have shat myself.  Good on this lady for remaining reasonably controlled and not causing an accident.

and record it on FB. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Three mechanics worked on it all day removing the console but found no snake - only a few chewed wires.

The snake had <deleted> off, we saw it on the photo. And do snakes really have teeth to chew through wires?

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

That's why it's always best to keep a mongoose on the passenger seat.

Is mongoose  your wife's nick name?:tongue:

Edited by sirineou

9 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Is mongoose  your wife's nick name?:tongue:

No! 

The trouble with mongooses is that they love eggs as well as snakes.

In Jamaica they wiped out the snake population in 150 years.

That snake had probably got into the system during the Toyota manufacture. It look very slim. Came out for a bite to eat.

23 hours ago, webfact said:

A Thai lady got the shock of her life when a snake poked its head out of the air con unit as she was driving from Saraburi to Ang Thong

Most Thai ladies have a fear of snakes... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

No! 

The trouble with mongooses is that they love eggs as well as snakes.

In Jamaica they wiped out the snake population in 150 years.

That snake had probably got into the system during the Toyota manufacture. It look very slim. Came out for a bite to eat.

I was only kidding. 

It is always a good idea to have the AC on recalculate, instead of having it on outside vent. All short of creatures  can enter through the flap that opens to the outside. I was told that , when I changed the cabin air filter in my Toyota corolla  and found a mouse nest behind it.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Most Thai ladies have a fear of snakes... 

Yes! True for me.

The 'snake in the grass with two legs' is more concerning. And recently Thai ladies seem to be looking for so much attention they are giving their dosh away to the internet romancers.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Yes! True for me.

The 'snake in the grass with two legs' is more concerning. And recently Thai ladies seem to be looking for so much attention they are giving their dosh away to the internet romancers.

The light coloured snake coming from a dark forest is the truly deadly one.. yet it holds a fascination by many they cannot overt their attention.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 10:04 AM, webfact said:

Nong Fah slammed on the brakes and put on the hazard lights and removed herself to the passenger seat before getting out as vehicles including a ten wheel truck screeched to a halt.

Sounds like she just stopped the car in the traveled lane and did her quick jump-over to the passenger seat and then proceeded to charm the snake with her phone.