Car Tyres - Where to buy

Looking at replacing my Dunlop 225/40/18 Tyres, six years old and 42,000 kms.

Never bought tyres here, I've looked online at B Quick and they have Pirelli at 4,490, Firenza 2,590 or Michelin 6,250.

I only drive 2 or 3 thousand kms a year.

Any recommendations for brands and other outlets apart from B Quick ?

I bought 4 off Lazada Daytona made by Bridgestone excellent service delivered in a couple of days went to local shop fitted, new valves and balanced on my Almera whole lot was just under 6k Bhatt, very happy ????

• Like 1

Deestone fitted tyres to my Vios in January.   1,300 B each .   I found Deestone to be very good , they had 2 or 3 brands in stock , asked whether I drive like a looney , lived out in the woop woop etc.  Decide that at 73 yo and do about 1500 K a year on dual carriage ways   Crosswind HBO 101 are good enough. ( whatever they are ).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

Deestone fitted tyres to my Vios in January.   1,300 B each .   I found Deestone to be very good , they had 2 or 3 brands in stock , asked whether I drive like a looney , lived out in the woop woop etc.  Decide that at 73 yo and do about 1500 K a year on dual carriage ways   Crosswind HBO 101 are good enough. ( whatever they are ).

My tyres will be bigger than on a Vios and probably Almera but I will check Cockpit (we do have one) and Lazada although I worry about getting copies from there for tyres.

The car is a Turbo and I don't drive like a looney but I do drive fast when conditions permit, 3 or 4 500 Baht speeding fines from 5 or 6 trips to BKK.  ????

4 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Just tried Cockpit online and they have Bridgestone ranging from 5,900 to 12,000 and Firestone Firehawk for 3,800.

If you only drive 2 or 3000 km a year, try cheaper tyres like Deestone, Dunlop or Maxxis.  I bought 2 sets for 2 pickup trucks off Lazada.  Good prices.  They shift lots of tyres.  Cheap to have fitted at local tyre store.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mickyr55 said:

I bought 4 off Lazada Daytona made by Bridgestone excellent service delivered in a couple of days went to local shop fitted, new valves and balanced on my Almera whole lot was just under 6k Bhatt, very happy ????

Just checked Lazada for my size, exactly 6k for 2 for Daytona. Goodyear 14k for 4, Continental over 16k for 4

1 hour ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

If you only drive 2 or 3000 km a year, try cheaper tyres like Deestone, Dunlop or Maxxis.  I bought 2 sets for 2 pickup trucks off Lazada.  Good prices.  They shift lots of tyres.  Cheap to have fitted at local tyre store.

3 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

In that case what about the Firenza from B Quick ?

2 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

In that case what about the Firenza from B Quick ?

No idea.  I guess use google to find some reviews.  The tyres I got were AT tyres for my pickups.  The Bangkok dealers on Lazada beat the local shops in Chiang Mai.

4 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

The car is a Turbo and I don't drive like a looney but I do drive fast when conditions permit

Same. I always get tires from Cockpit or Bquik, never had a problem yet. I'm using Goodyear though. In Australia I ran Bridgestones on all my cars (turbos, V8s and rotaries) and also no issues. 

Edited by heist

20 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

Simple answer.

Buy Michelin.

Bit too expensive for me Andy to be honest, I would settle for the Pirelli's at 7k cheaper but I will drive on my motorcycle up Petchakasem Road as I have seen a few places selling tyres so I will get some quotes.