Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Foreign tourists ready to return to Phuket: Consuls

Recommended Posts

Foreign tourists ready to return to Phuket: Consuls

 

5pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

 

Manager reported on a meeting at Phuket town hall yesterday between the governor of Phuket and the consuls or honorary consuls of sixteen nations. 

 

The overriding message from the consuls was that tourists are ready and willing to return to the holiday island when the coronavirus situation has subsided.

 

They also suggested that embassy staff be encouraged to go to the province on official visits to add to tourism confidence in their respective countries. 

 

Governor Phakkhapong Thawiphat agreed that this was a splendid idea and that he had already made moves along the lines of suggestions made by the consuls. 

 

5pm1.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

 

Present were those from the following countries: Britain, France, Germany, Australia, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Estonia, Russia, South Korea, the Netherlands, Switzerland, South Korea, Austria, Chile and Luxembourg.

 

The governor outlined the latest Covid-19 situation in the province saying there had been 227 cases or coronavirus and three deaths, All those who have recovered have gone home.

 

He told the meeting about 2,827 stranded tourists from 24 countries who he had helped and was thanked for his efforts by the consuls who expressed their confidence about the future of tourism in Phuket and the need for those trips for embassy personnel to inspire confidence. 

 

Source: Manager Online

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-05
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon foreign tourists, i.e. the ones that spend money, e.g. Australia, British & European will not return til at least next Songkran/vaccination availability. I know the govt in Australia ( now only 490 active cases) are saying it will be 3-4 months before people can fly to 'safe' countries for a holiday. If flying to Asia, they suggest that on return to Australia you would have to self quarantine, with the police spot checking your where about's on the virus app. I cant see people spending money on flights etc for a two week holiday only to return for a two week lock up, meaning you would require four weeks leave for a two week holiday. That is why I say at least next Songkran, but, and this is the big but, I reckon the days of the gogo bar and the like will decline sharply and disappear? . Until next year all the Thai people employed in the bar/restaurant will need other employment and they will be competing with all the people who have been displaced by the farang tourist not being present. There has already been I rise in crime as people are desperate for money to survive. I personally know a couple of Thai guys who have made mistakes and ended up in Phuket jail.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Consuls?  Sure, they should know with all their experience in the tourism industry.  Such a joke.

How can any problem be solved if everyone keeps their head stuck in the sand so they can't figure it out. 

And, that's the real problem in Thailand.  Those who have the power to actually resolve things make too much money from not doing so and those who actually know how to resolve things never get the opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, webfact said:

Present were those from the following countries: Britain, France, Germany, Australia, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Estonia, Russia, South Korea, the Netherlands, Switzerland, South Korea, Austria, Chile and Luxembourg.

South Korea is duplicated )

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Operator2002 said:

South Korea is duplicated )

It's so good they named it twice. 

 

Apologies, the other should be Mexico.

 

Rooster

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wagsthedog said:

I reckon foreign tourists, i.e. the ones that spend money, e.g. Australia, British & European will not return til at least next Songkran/vaccination availability. I know the govt in Australia ( now only 490 active cases) are saying it will be 3-4 months before people can fly to 'safe' countries for a holiday. If flying to Asia, they suggest that on return to Australia you would have to self quarantine, with the police spot checking your where about's on the virus app. I cant see people spending money on flights etc for a two week holiday only to return for a two week lock up, meaning you would require four weeks leave for a two week holiday. That is why I say at least next Songkran, but, and this is the big but, I reckon the days of the gogo bar and the like will decline sharply and disappear? . Until next year all the Thai people employed in the bar/restaurant will need other employment and they will be competing with all the people who have been displaced by the farang tourist not being present. There has already been I rise in crime as people are desperate for money to survive. I personally know a couple of Thai guys who have made mistakes and ended up in Phuket jail.

What is this talk about willingly taking this CV vaccine to enter Thailand. No time even for testing and a flu vaccine didnt happen overnight and its not a cure! Why is everyone such willing sheeple?

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Emdog said:

"The overriding message from the consuls was that tourists are ready and willing to return"

Based on what?

 

Exactly?

 

How do they know that?

 

I doubt that the first thing they do, just after reopening the economy of the concerned countries, is to conduct surveys, asking the local populations "do you wish to travel to Phuket?".

 

This is pure BS, peddled to pressure the authorities to reopen the borders asap.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

It's so good they named it twice. 

 

Apologies, the other should be Mexico.

 

Rooster

I didn't know that there were so many Mexicans in Phuket, enough to warrant the presence of a consul!

Edited by Brunolem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...