Chonburi: Police admit that 21 people have disappeared without a trace in the last three years

webfact

only 21 people in three years?! not sure how accurate that is. OP did you do any additional research to check this fact before posting because common sense suggest it may well not be...

people go missing for a wide range of reasons:

- Mental health issues including risks of suicide or self-harm

- Homelessness

- Problems at home including relationship breakdown

- Abuse or domestic violence

in the UK up to 180,000 people go missing each year, many return home or are found but many do not.

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/latest-news/1018-missing-people-publishes-latest-uk-statistics.html

Edited by samsensam

On 6/5/2020 at 12:49 PM, Kerryd said:

People who died in their homes and were buried in a back field by families that couldn't afford a proper ceremony at a temple.

This is a figment of your imagination. Even the poorest of the poor will have their funeral needs taken care of by the local community, especially in the villages. In our rural collective of 3 villages every family contributes to a group fund which ensures that no one will deprived of this important right.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, talahtnut said:

My mate had a terrible wife, domineering

demanding, one Saturday morning he took

her to Tescos shopping, when she came

out with several bags of goods, he was

nowhere to be found. Never been found.

For many English blokes its a good plan.

Thanks.

I now have the basis for a cunning plan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob A Kneale said:

In Chonburi, not the entire country.

No Bob Chonburi is about the population of Manchester.....but its the sort of place people should go missing in. 

Manchester--About 13,000 people were reported missing in Greater Manchester last year,

Manchester POP---1.9Mil

Chonburi..Pop 1.6Mil.....(but more)....... if you live Thailand , then you know the situation, if your house registered as outside, your not classed as living there.

I still think 21 is a ridiculous  figure.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kerryd said:

As you said - "generally speaking".

But remember that cremation usually also means everyone knows who died, and when, and maybe how. Temples are not supposed to cremate bodies "secretly".

But remember that Thais scared ghost, not want to buried.

A lot of people die have no money. The community help. I see many times. I never hear about buried the secret body. Do you have a link? 

4 hours ago, sanuk711 said:
6 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

In Chonburi, not the entire country.

No Bob Chonburi is about the population of Manchester.....but its the sort of place people should go missing in. 

Manchester--About 13,000 people were reported missing in Greater Manchester last year,

"...Chonburi is [..]the sort of place people should go missing in". 

What does that mean? People should go missing in Chonburi?  Huh?

"About 13,000 people were reported missing in Greater Manchester last year"

What's that statistic got to do with it?   There's a difference between people just being reported missing in Manchester (your words) and people disappearing without trace for ever (the actual words of the OP)!

12 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

...Chonburi is [..]the sort of place people should go missing in". 

What does that mean? People should go missing in Chonburi?  Huh?

Do you live here Bob? you do realize that Pattaya is part of Chonburi......And you seriously ask me if a young girl (person) there is at more of a risk then say a city like Khon Kean, Korat etc?

Go Google any like wise changwatt in Thailand Bob--- There wouldn't be any Area with that size population that would have the drug /crime/mafia interest that Chonburi has.

The statement is 21 people in 3 years,    Just 7 people a year.        & you don't think that seems to be a low number?

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 11:21 AM, sanuk711 said:

The statement is 21 people in 3 years,    Just 7 people a year.        & you don't think that seems to be a low number?

I bet there are Expats that each go missing more than 7 times a year in Pattaya!