Reverting to Working Visa

Despite being over 60 and using a retirement extension for a few years, I have been offered a legit. job.

Presuming the employer does nothing to help, how do I go about returning to normal working visa status (presumably O/A). Can I do this at CW or do I need to fly to Penang or somewhere ( which also has quarantine rules right now)? Would I also get my 800,000 refunded? How?

What about the grey area of becoming a visiting professor doing less than 8 hours per week? I know of retired people who do this, and they seem to have no problems. 

Eddy

i have had 2 work permits here in Pattaya both times i was on a retirement visa. The employer did all the leg work for getting the Non B extension.  I did have to do a border run and come back with a 30 stamp then gave my PP to the business owners and within 2 weeks had both the Non B and WP. If your employer wants you bad enough they will do this as well for you.  

2 hours ago, pauleddy said:

Presuming the employer does nothing to help,

Then it's a bad employer, forget the job.

2 hours ago, pauleddy said:

how do I go about returning to normal working visa status (presumably O/A).

No, a Non B.

If married change to an extension based on marriage which allows the right to work, then just need the WP.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pauleddy said:

Presuming the employer does nothing to help

Your employer will need to supply LOTS of documents for you to obtain a Work-Permit AND for a Non-B extension.  Even if you make the visits to the Labor Office and Immigration, they have to supply originals of company docs, proving they "need" and "qualify" to hire a foreigner.