Overstay on Non-O multiple & single entry

Hi

I am on a multiple entry Non-O marriage visa and am now 3 days overstay...my visa is due to expire on 27th June

Usually i'd renew in Laos, but borders are closed and to re-enter I'd need $50k insurance etc anyway and quarantine I assume

Not sure how to play this, any suggestions please. I am married with a child.

Is my only option to pay an agent although I can't show funds in my bank.

Thanks 

• Haha 1

Ok great thank you...

Is a 60 day extension available at Jomtien immigration? If so, any idea how much and what paperwork is required please? 

Also my friend has a NON-O single entry based on marriage,has 2 kids,  expires July 3rd, could he get a 60 day extension too? 

Thanks for your advice

32 minutes ago, sotonfarang said:

Is a 60 day extension available at Jomtien immigration? If so, any idea how much and what paperwork is required please?

Yes

The fee for an extension is 1900 baht.

Your wife will need to be with you when you apply. You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it, copies our your wifes house book registry and ID card. You may also need a printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry from an Amphoe.

32 minutes ago, sotonfarang said:

Also my friend has a NON-O single entry based on marriage,has 2 kids,  expires July 3rd, could he get a 60 day extension too?

Yes

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sotonfarang said:

Ok great thank you...

Thanks for your advice

At Jomtien, be aware they have been known to block applications (to myself and others) - both 60-day and 1-year - for "landlord docs". 

In addition to having an up-to-date TM-30, you may need more, depending if you rent or own. 

If you own, your house-book and chanote will work.

For renters, you will need at least your rental-contract, house-book for where you live, and chanote for where you live - all signed by the landlord.   Some landlords are reluctant to supply these, or do not even live in Thailand, which can make this difficult or impossible.

If they do not ask for those for 60-day Thai-family-based extensions any more, please report this here, to assist future applicants.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 2

Thank you everyone we will go and apply for a 60 day extension.

How many days do we need to apply before the visa expiry date?

Is it issues on the day?

Is there a limit to how many times per year/visa can you do this ? 

2 minutes ago, sotonfarang said:

Thank you everyone we will go and apply for a 60 day extension.

How many days do we need to apply before the visa expiry date?

Is it issues on the day?

Is there a limit to how many times per year/visa can you do this ? 

You can usually apply weeks before, it makes no difference as the time is added on, so you loose nothing.
Yes it’s issued the same day.

The limit is once per entry.

53 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

there is no guarantee that any particular immigration Office will issue an extension if your permission to stay has ended so you are subject to the amnesty.

Even if they will issue an extension it is quite possible that it will be from the expiration date of your stamped permission to stay (in the OPs case 26 August) and not for 60 days from July 31st (or the date the amnesty finishes) 

There is absolutely no guarantee that anyone who is using the amnesty will be given any kind of extension.

It is certainly possible that everyone using the amnesty provisions will have to leave.

immigration offices are processing extensions of stay now. If you wish to stay in Thailand your best course of action is to get an extension, for marriage/family Or retirement.

There is no guarantee that any procedure you used in the past will work when the borders open. Your 1 hour/1 day border hop/visa run could turn into a months/years long involuntary vacation from Thailand.

Why don't you ask our resident visa expert, Ubonjoe to clear things up for you....?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

there is no guarantee that any particular immigration Office will issue an extension if your permission to stay has ended so you are subject to the amnesty.

Even if they will issue an extension it is quite possible that it will be from the expiration date of your stamped permission to stay (in the OPs case 26 August) and not for 60 days from July 31st (or the date the amnesty finishes) 

There is absolutely no guarantee that anyone who is using the amnesty will be given any kind of extension.

It is certainly possible that everyone using the amnesty provisions will have to leave.

immigration offices are processing extensions of stay now. If you wish to stay in Thailand your best course of action is to get an extension, for marriage/family Or retirement.

There is no guarantee that any procedure you used in the past will work when the borders open. Your 1 hour/1 day border hop/visa run could turn into a months/years long involuntary vacation from Thailand.

My permission to stay expires this week and the immigration boss here told me to apply for 60 day extension in July or whenever i am ready to season 400k before the 31st. 

Many reports about people being told the same. However zero reports of people being denied the 60 day extension, only posts with pure speculations and fearmongering like the one you made. 

Edited by Okis

22 hours ago, JackThompson said:

At Jomtien, be aware they have been known to block applications (to myself and others) - both 60-day and 1-year - for "landlord docs". 

In addition to having an up-to-date TM-30, you may need more, depending if you rent or own. 

If you own, your house-book and chanote will work.

For renters, you will need at least your rental-contract, house-book for where you live, and chanote for where you live - all signed by the landlord.   Some landlords are reluctant to supply these, or do not even live in Thailand, which can make this difficult or impossible.

If they do not ask for those for 60-day Thai-family-based extensions any more, please report this here, to assist future applicants.

I have stayed in Pattaya and Jomtien for years, and I never heard about the need for any "landlord documents" when applying for a 1 year extension. I did my 1 year extension last week without any "landlord docs". It took me a few minutes. When converting a tourist visa or visa exempt to a 90 days Non-immigrant O, they are a bit tougher on requirements regarding the proof of address. That's all. They didn't even ask for a copy of my TM30 receipt I have stapled in my passport. Don't scare people just because you've heard something from a "friend" or read something online. 

Edited by Max69xl

3 hours ago, Max69xl said:

I have stayed in Pattaya and Jomtien for years, and I never heard about the need for any "landlord documents" when applying for a 1 year extension. I did my 1 year extension last week without any "landlord docs". It took me a few minutes. When converting a tourist visa or visa exempt to a 90 days Non-immigrant O, they are a bit tougher on requirements regarding the proof of address. That's all. They didn't even ask for a copy of my TM30 receipt I have stapled in my passport. Don't scare people just because you've heard something from a "friend" or read something online. 

I am speaking from Personal Experience - not stories.  I won't post the list again - but 3 offices - with 3 different ways to block each valid application.  Jomtien was the first in that list.

I assume you applied based on "retirement" - which involves a different desk, different people, and VERY different treatment and requirements. 

If the Non-O 90-Day "change of visa" desk (small office) in Jomtien is not demanding "seasoned money" or a 15K baht envelope to the agent next-door, that is new information.  When I applied, income was Completely Ruled Out as a way to meet the financials.  I was told to do tourist-entry visa-exempts (while they were blocking these) and season 400K in that time, or use the agent (next door, who fakes the money). 

By the "official" rules, no seasoning is required for the Non-O 90-day stamp.  If the policy in Jomtien has changed, please let us know when you applied, and whether you had 400K in the bank for 2 mo prior to applying.  That could be helpful info for future applicants.

Edited by JackThompson