I’ve hit the bottom - and I don’t even care..

3 minutes ago, timendres said:

A close friend, who has now been sober for 26 years, had to wake up in the emergency room with a doctor informing him that he could have died were it not for the actions of the people around him, before he finally got serious about staying sober. It is one of the most difficult battles known to man. He needed AA to get through the first 5 years. After that, he could manage on his own. The important thing is that you can fail many times. As long as you keep trying to succeed.

or die.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Today, is a new day. 

I need someone to teach me how to be whole again.  This is not something you do everyday; this is not easy for me...

Go to the park; walk everyday or rent a bike.

You have already faced up to the most difficult hurdle to overcome.

You admit to a drink problem.

Now you need to take a long shower, and think about getting some real  help for yourself.

There are organisations out there for tortured souls such as you, and you just need to make initial contact with them to get that help you obviously need.

Good luck and be strong

Sometimes it's hard to get back to reality and know that your problems hasn't disappeared. But you started it all by letting yourself into it. First you need to figure out if your gf is something to keep. If she is a good one that takes care of you in good and bad times without asking for money then she's good for you. If you can't pay bills etc then get sober and tell all you own to that you had a dip in your life but now you have to start paying back. Many choices but it all starts with you. Gl on your journey 

Is AntAbuse or similar available in Thailand?

See a medico and see what supports may be available 

Antabuse (disulfiram) Uses, Dosage, Side Effects - Drugs.com

Antabuse (disulfiram) blocks an enzyme that is involved in processing alcohol. Disulfiram produces very unpleasant side effects (such as fast heartbeat, chest pain, nausea, dizziness, flushing, and thirst) when combined with alcohol in the body.

I would say Thailand is an extremely difficult place to get where you are right now to sobriety & a better mind set

IMO go back to your own country if possible and get the required help

It will be difficult to find here & there are too many temptations 

Edited by Canuck1966
  • Like 2

Life is good and needs to be experienced first hand without the debilitating effects of drugs or alcohol.

Get a grip!  Take a bath, put on clean clothes, apologise to your gf... and get yourself to a local AA meeting immediately...they can help you!  You need the support of survivors...do not delay!

Good Luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, timendres said:

A close friend, who has now been sober for 26 years, had to wake up in the emergency room with a doctor informing him that he could have died were it not for the actions of the people around him, before he finally got serious about staying sober. It is one of the most difficult battles known to man. He needed AA to get through the first 5 years. After that, he could manage on his own. The important thing is that you can fail many times. As long as you keep trying to succeed.

There's a lot more to success than staying alive. He might have been upset that his friends saved him. There are worse ways to check out than in a drunken stupour. We're all going there so who's to say what is the right time.

The way some people talk here one might think we are supposed to live forever.