Thailand to tout 'trusted' tourism in coronavirus era

webfact

7 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

This is the end of the end of the great Thai experience. Everything must be sanitized in a New World Order... Everyone must comply with the "New Normal"... A dark time in history. Globally we are being further enslaved... so very sad for our children's future. 

Spot on.

5 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

It's not going away mate. These organisms were here long before we were and will be here long after us. Secondly, a vaccine is not necessary, go take a look at how effective the Influenza A and B vaccines are and, last but not least, take a look how the common cold virus, or the influenza virus, or the AIDS virus, etc., etc. are treated. Do they have "viable" treaments? How many trillions have been spent on AIDS research?There will be no "viable" treatment. Not in our lifetimes... This latest iteration of biological life forms is just one of many other constantly evolving organisms. What we have witnessed in the last 6 months has nothing to do with our safety, our health, our well-being. This COVID event, when you seriously take the time to look into it outside of the bought and paid for, controlled media, you come real(eyes) that we have all been duped. In other words... this entire lockdown is all contrived for nefarious ulterior motives... and it ain't good mate. 

Holy moly you need to get off prison planet, LOL!  

• Haha 1

"The campaign, to be launched later in the year, will be aimed at young affluent travellers from places that are considered low-risk such as China, South Korea and Taiwan, Tanes said. It will highlight scenic beaches and parks, part of a "tourism bridge" that could emerge in Asia including Hong Kong and Japan".

:cheesy::cheesy: That is the funniest thing I have read this week.

I like the fact that Thailand is looking at the glass is half full but when the glass has a big whole in it, then statements like this are ridiculous.  Well at least the word hub wasn't used this time.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. I amazed they don’t put themselves to sleep with the monotonous and uninspired drone these guys emit. Just open the place up and it will fix all your problems...there sorted it for you!

• Like 1

No No - not more tour groups .

Over here on the Darkside- I can see down to Jomtien- the air quality is fantastic - crystal clear .

I can once remember counting 65 tour buses on Sukhamvit- all belching out diesel fumes .

Even here in sunny Pattaya there are some very smart hotels such as the Royal cliff - promote those perhaps - no tours please ! 

All these Hotel and Resort Operators are citing Hygiene, Social Distancing and Customer " Safety " Etc.

These things are well and good within the confines of the Tourists "Luxury Hotel ', but the moment they step foot outside the door they are in the same environment as the rest of us.

And that Environment is one where nobody, whether Young Old, Rich or Poor is safe from the Covid19 Virus.

This is just another load of Tosh from TAT 

17 hours ago, Brunolem said:

This is a bit ambiguous. 

Does "remake" means that Thailand want to improve its image as a destination for big tour groups, a.k.a. Chinese hordes, 

or... 

does "remake" means that Thailand wants to change its image, and move from cheap tour groups to high spender individuals? 

In short, is Thailand going to give priority to quality over quantity, or to go for even more quantity? 

I think you already know the answer to that.

The tourism industry, which accounts for 12% of the economy, collapsed after the outbreak escalated. The reality is, it is closer to 20% of the total economy, when you take into account all of the ancillary trade benefited by tourism, or about 3.2 trillion ($110 billion) baht a year. That is huge. It likely represents between 5 and 8 million jobs. 

Thailand welcomed 39.8 million foreign tourists last year but projects as few as 14 million for 2020. It is likely we not see more than 1-2 million more international tourists arriving for the balance of the year. Thailand is claiming 3.8 million arrivals in January, but I believe that number to be highly suspect  (as the nation was already way, way off their normal totals for peak season, and occupancy was at an all time low) and another 3 million or so in February, and barely any tourist arrivals in March, the real numbers to date this year may be closer to 6 million arrivals. If only another 1-2 million arrive, as I predict, that is only 8 million or so, as a total for 2020. That means a staggeringly high unemployment rate for a long time to come. It officially sits at 10%, but it is likely double that, as this insincere administration is not likely reporting the underground economy.

Trusted Tourist Destination ????????????????  "Thailand 'one of the most dangerous tourist destinations on Earth': Expat investigation lifts lid on dark side of the Land of Smiles"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2833369/Thailand-one-dangerous-tourist-destinations-Earth-Ex-pat-investigation-lifts-lid-dark-Land-Smiles.html

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

"The campaign, to be launched later in the year, will be aimed at young affluent travellers from places that are considered low-risk such as China, South Korea and Taiwan, Tanes said. It will highlight scenic beaches and parks, part of a "tourism bridge" that could emerge in Asia including Hong Kong and Japan".

:cheesy::cheesy: That is the funniest thing I have read this week.

I like the fact that Thailand is looking at the glass is half full but when the glass has a big whole in it, then statements like this are ridiculous.  Well at least the word hub wasn't used this time.

Neither was the verb "lure" ..... Now it's "tempting" visitors to come. "Luring" someone implies some kind of hidden, veiled devious and malicious intent, enticing someone under false pretenses. "Tempting" is a slightly less devious and malintended way of getting someone to do or buy something. There might well be a sting in the tail, though, with a veneer of attraction but a rotten core behind it.

19 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I think they are wishing on a dream. Once the borders are open we ARE going to get new cases being imported, so their goes the trust, and many tourists will be put off by the extreme measures they will probably need to comply with. Add to that many around the world are broke right now so traveling is a low item on the shopping list so any resumption in tourism is likely  to be painfully slow.

The campaign, to be launched later in the year, will be aimed at young affluent travelers from places that are considered low-risk such as China, South Korea and Taiwan

Yes, first from "Low risk" places....Brilliant...

• Like 1

How about having Anutin stationed at Swampy, in a dunk tank, begging all incoming tourist to forgive him for the dirty smelly farang comments? Those who can dunk him get free taxi to their hotel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1