Thailand to tout 'trusted' tourism in coronavirus era

webfact

1 minute ago, Captor said:

The corona is not the problem. The road killing is. More than 60 killed since yesterday. On the road. Not in the hospital. Not in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. On the concrete road! Instantly! THAT is scaring the tourists.

Where did you get that number from ?

20 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Possibly correct. 

Every time i link up to "her in doors" she is either eating, or getting ready to eat.

And the house seems full of neighbour's I've never seen before. 

Oh well, at least my money is helping the neighbour's too.

More than Prayuts false hope and payment offers are doing. 

One day you'll link up and see her being eaten.... by a full house of neighbours you've never seen before......then it's time to stop sending any money and emigrate to NZ.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, dallen52 said:

They don't want us anymore. 

But it was ok to support the thai women and their kids.

Not to mention the ones that were working in the entertainment industry.

The hidden costs and pain and suffering the government never seems to mention. 

Lets see if the chosen ones (tourists) step up to the mark..

I don't think so...

Nobody ever asked you to go to Thailand and support the Thai women and their kids. Nor engage in illegal prostitution as a client.

20 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

of course, they are back on to attracting Chinese tourists again. If the list was more accurately named "countries whose money we want" it might make more sense. 

That's 'countries who've got any money' if truth be told.

17 hours ago, uffe123 said:

So china is a low risk nation. Is this a joke? Duh, where did the virus come from? You think you can actually believe anything the Chines goverment is saying?

Believe. You'll sleep sounder at night.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, umlungu2012 said:

Nobody ever asked you to go to Thailand and support the Thai women and their kids. Nor engage in illegal prostitution as a client.

Geez..

And whats your claim to fame?

Isolation not agreeing with you?

I actually worked here several years. 

Plus community charity work. 

Animal sanctuary Surin volunteer too.

Try it...

You might then consider the operation to disconnect your eyes from your backside. 

Remove the crappy outlook you have...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Problem-Reaction-Solution. 
Create the problem, wait for the expected outcome, then provide the pre-determined solution. Works every time. 

Break someone's leg indirectly, then sell them crutches.  "You couldn't walk without us"

Edited by sukhumvitneon
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 1:49 PM, newnative said:

Not that old chestnut from 6 years ago.  I feel far safer in Thailand than I ever did in the US.

I feel safer in Somalia and Iraq then i do in the US these days! ????

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 12:13 PM, paulikens said:

full of optimism. thanks for that!

Thats only if you allow yourself to be one of the compliant sheeple. ask no questions, ask the right questions, walk in lockstep. Everyone will be happy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Geez..

And whats your claim to fame?

Isolation not agreeing with you?

I actually worked here several years. 

Plus community charity work. 

Animal sanctuary Surin volunteer too.

Try it...

You might then consider the operation to disconnect your eyes from your backside. 

Remove the crappy outlook you have...

The one with tge crappy outlook and a disagreeable location and isolation is you. You somehow constructed an entitlement, or at least favourable person status, by having a wife and kids in Thailand. And you have added to that by telling us that you have worked in Thailand and done some volunteer work. Wow. I am merely pointing out that all of that is a non-starter with the authorities. It counts for nothing. You mentioned tgat the govt should "remember" that you could always go somewhere else. Is that a threat? I am sure they will be happy to shout you a taxi to the airport. Nothing personal, same for everyone, but the overall picture is somewhat different to what you obviously feel it is or should be. I have a very positive outlook because I have long ago discarded these sorts of sentimental entitlement notions from my life, especially, btw, regarding your country. That's certainly one place that has a very bad record of discrimination when it comes to family visas and all that. But I am sure you are aware of all that, so no need to elaborate here. Buy you, as an Aussie, claim some sort of privilege because you're feeding the local populace in Thailand. Funny that. 

Oh, btw, I worked in Thailand for four years. But I did not do the animal shelter bit. Sorry. 

Edited by umlungu2012

like spain is

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/spain-accused-hiding-true-death-180540746.html

News

Spain accused of hiding its true death toll as it asks tourists to come back

Spain’s government has been accused of hiding the death toll from coronavirus amid changes made to its method of reporting new cases that saw the country’s fatality toll plummet from around 50 per day last week to zero on both Monday and Tuesday.

The accusations of undercounting the impact of Covid-19 come as Spain announces plans to welcome international tourists back to the country from July 1, or possibly during the second half of June.

A change in the statistical methodology imposed by Spain’s health ministry on the regional authorities who run the country’s hospitals took effect last week, and among the bizarre results of the new system was the disappearance of 2,000 Covid-19 deaths to bring the national total down to just over 27,000.    

Speaking in Congress, opposition Popular Party leader Pablo Casado said the government of Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez was lying about what he said was actually the worst coronavirus death rate in the world.

“You are hiding dead to conceal your incompetence,” Mr Casado charged, citing an excess death number of 43,000 in Spain since March, as well as an estimate by the association of Spanish funeral companies of more than 44,000 dead during the epidemic.

11 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

like spain is

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/spain-accused-hiding-true-death-180540746.html

News

Spain accused of hiding its true death toll as it asks tourists to come back

Spain’s government has been accused of hiding the death toll from coronavirus amid changes made to its method of reporting new cases that saw the country’s fatality toll plummet from around 50 per day last week to zero on both Monday and Tuesday.

The accusations of undercounting the impact of Covid-19 come as Spain announces plans to welcome international tourists back to the country from July 1, or possibly during the second half of June.

A change in the statistical methodology imposed by Spain’s health ministry on the regional authorities who run the country’s hospitals took effect last week, and among the bizarre results of the new system was the disappearance of 2,000 Covid-19 deaths to bring the national total down to just over 27,000.    

Speaking in Congress, opposition Popular Party leader Pablo Casado said the government of Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez was lying about what he said was actually the worst coronavirus death rate in the world.

“You are hiding dead to conceal your incompetence,” Mr Casado charged, citing an excess death number of 43,000 in Spain since March, as well as an estimate by the association of Spanish funeral companies of more than 44,000 dead during the epidemic.

Thailand would not compromise honesty and openness in the service of opening up to tourism. That type of corruption would never be found here. Also, we have been told that if the government did that here, we'd find out by seeing mounds of dead bodies and Thai people would alert us via social media posts.

Edited by JCP108

On 6/6/2020 at 1:09 AM, LomSak27 said:

A New TAT Dream; young wealthy east asians and no filthy farang backpackers or sexpats. I'm feeling the love.

'caviar dreams on a tuna fish budget. The art of faking it until you make it!'

Solly Sul, have supplement fo' tuna, Sul, and today no have, menu is small mackelel, Sul, velly tasty, fresh and healthy, many custom him like, Sul...

On 6/6/2020 at 4:42 PM, bipper said:

Just an unshowered opinion from an Ai Farang but if I was visiting from overseas the first question I would ask is how many are being tested? After they open up they need to test to the extreme to gain the confidence of people no matter how smelly they might be to deputy PMs they sure aren't as stupid as all that.

Suppose you have to look at the area you can relate to. 

My base when there is Nangrong Buriram province. 

My lady says in her village nobody has been tested. 

Apart from the temperature check and movement records. 

Several hundred in her village.

Frequent travel to Nangrong with some working for the hospital. 

They still maintain that several have contracted the covid19 and one local death a few days ago. 

That's several in Buriram province that don't seem to be showing up in the official figures..

I have no reason to doubt what they say. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2020 at 6:33 AM, hackjam said:

Who are the big spenders?

Brits, i think not .

The big white hunter,  those days are gone .

Japanese , Quality tourists ..

• Like 2