BANGKOK
corkman

Easiest way to trade Bitcoin (Coinbase?)

Dear All,

What is the easiest way to trade bitcoin in Thailand, using my Thai bank account. 

I just want to buy it and sell it, as an investment. I have no plans to use it as a currency.

I don't mind paying a small commission, I just want a simple account that I can transfer money into a bitcoin account from my Thai bank account (in one click), buy or sell from the bitcoin account (in one click), then transfer money back into my Thai account (in one click). A similar level of effort as transferring money from (say) and SCB account to (say) a Bangkok Bank account, and/or buying something on Lazada.

Is that possible in Thailand?

Thanks in advance.

Have a look at bitkub.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Bitkub might work for you if you're not American.
If that won't work, perhaps Binance (need to use debit or credit card to buy).
Last choice would be localbitcoins.com.  You can buy direct via bank transfer from other people in Thailand.  I say it's the last choice, because the premium is quite high.

Edited by johnnynmonic
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Bitkub and SatongPro are the 2 local exchanges/trading platforms that are still active (that I'm aware of). They both require you to submit a photo of yourself holding your id card/passport to prove your identity. It's 50/50 if you get approved or not.

Binance and AMP Global might also be options.

Edited by FarangLaoInter

23 minutes ago, a3tsw said:

I bought some bitcoin back in 2017. I still can’t figure out how to transfer back to my bank account.

easy to buy , not so easy to get your money back , that has been my experience, would love to hear from anyone who has managed to get any money back to their account.

my advice therefore would be to invest a minimal amount, say 1,000baht , then attempt to get it back to your account... good luck with that!!

This can be done with Coinbase. Withdrawals to accounts, cards and Paypal all available.

2 hours ago, FarangLaoInter said:

They both require you to submit a photo of yourself holding your id card/passport to prove your identity. It's 50/50 if you get approved or not.

So much for the anonymity that bitcoin adherents tout.   🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HTC said:

This can be done with Coinbase. Withdrawals to accounts, cards and Paypal all available.

Depending on when he bought in 2017, he'd probably lose money on it selling now.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

Bitcoin is anything but anonymous.  It's a public ledger.

9 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

Just shows that you don't know how BTC transactions works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a3tsw said:

I bought some bitcoin back in 2017. I still can’t figure out how to transfer back to my bank account.

easy to buy , not so easy to get your money back , that has been my experience, would love to hear from anyone who has managed to get any money back to their account.

my advice therefore would be to invest a minimal amount, say 1,000baht , then attempt to get it back to your account... good luck with that!!

I have coins.co.th as my broker easy in and easy out in min. low fee.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HTC said:

tried coinbase some time ago without success , will give it another go....thanks!

1 hour ago, Andy from Kent said:

Bitcoin doesn't need your selfie or ID. The issues start when you decide to place a 3rd party between the sides (an exchange, a bank, localbitcoins, paxful, some of the online wallets etc). That 3rd party must conform to KYC and AML regulatory restrictions if it wants to stay in business.

Buy and sell from individuals? no IDs or selfies are required. No registration, not even an email address.

In essence, this is a trade off between anonyimity and security + efficiency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bitcoin Tracker Funds. Leave the work to others. I use XBT PROVIDER AB BITCOIN TRACKER ONE.