Toyota service charges?

We have three Toyotas in the family and my daughter always took her car to Toyota for service. I found the cost for routine and scheduled maintenance high and they usually recommend some extra work. The last time she took her car in to Toyota they told her the transmission was leaking and needed 17,000 baht work, my investigation found someone had poured fluid over he transaxle and after cleaning have never found a leak or added fluid. My Toyota, out of warranty, never sees the Toyota shop since they tend to recommend unneeded work and the cost is considerable higher than just letting B-Quik do the work. The wife's car is new so Toyota gets to do the service.

On 6/6/2020 at 9:36 AM, misterphil said:

Like some have said Google the part numbers. 

The Toyota dealerships will only do basic maintenance like the list you have and are able to swap parts etc.

My Hilux service book says that the engine valve clearances need checking at 40k 80k etc however both Toyota Pattaya and Toyota Saraburi had no idea what it meant even though its there in black and white and in Thai in the service manual.  
????‍♂️

Never had my Vigo tappets done in the 11.5 years I owned it, my ear told me they were OK.....????

On 6/5/2020 at 6:25 PM, Don Mega said:

Doubt a Toyota a dealership would be using Chinese copy parts, guaranteed some parts used in the Toyota dealership are made in China though.... to Toyota's spec.

A quick search on those stabilizer links and Bt.1780ea is about right.

Can't remember the last time I saw a handwritten list of parts presented to a customer by a main dealer.

Certainly not in this century and there's no header on the sheet.

If you can search, then so can others.

Some grifters are smarter than others.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, alacrity said:

Can't remember the last time I saw a handwritten list of parts presented to a customer by a main dealer.

sorry ?

I never said anything about the invoice as pictured by another poster.

Can't understand why people think they are expensive, oil change, brake fuid change, air filter, alternator belt, new spark plugs washed and cleaned twice all for about 75 quid. Yes they seem to suggest work that can wait but last time we went to cockpit they said need new shock absorbers and rocked the car to somehow prove it, that was years ago still seems ok.

On 6/7/2020 at 2:21 PM, NanLaew said:

The proper garage (if you mean dealership) typically aren't full-service when it comes to air-con. If they need to gas a unit, they take it to the air-con shop. if the shop discovers a leak, then the dealership will tell you they can fix or repair it (while the air-con shop does the actual fix or repair) and the dealership pads the bill. Better to take anything like this to the independent shops first.

The above happens all the time in the car trade world wide.

Toyota dealer would lose face and money if they told you. hence their reluctance to do the job. Plus, removing the evaporator is a sod of a job. They usually last about 10 years before springing a leak.

On 6/18/2020 at 8:25 AM, asiaexpat said:

We have three Toyotas in the family and my daughter always took her car to Toyota for service. I found the cost for routine and scheduled maintenance high and they usually recommend some extra work. The last time she took her car in to Toyota they told her the transmission was leaking and needed 17,000 baht work, my investigation found someone had poured fluid over he transaxle and after cleaning have never found a leak or added fluid. My Toyota, out of warranty, never sees the Toyota shop since they tend to recommend unneeded work and the cost is considerable higher than just letting B-Quik do the work. The wife's car is new so Toyota gets to do the service.

They should call or discuss with you any additional work, if you don't want it done simply say no thanks.

2 hours ago, alacrity said:

The detailed invoice i receive each time is epic!!

23 hours ago, Don Mega said:

sorry ?

I never said anything about the invoice as pictured by another poster.

No you didn't.

I conflated the original post to emphasize the point I was attempting to make, regarding veracity of the stated quotation.

Didn't mean to offend.