BANGKOK
dallen52

Latest from Thai Airways and Australia flights

19 hours ago, steven100 said:

OP ;  as with THAI airways, there is also a cash flow problem being played out here. They don't have any cash to run daily operations domestically, let alone internationally. 

They are currently in the hands of receivership or voluntary administration.

I seriously doubt they will be even operating in August.  Why do you think they keep pushing the date back ?

" In any case, the rehabilitation plan must be approved by creditors before it can be carried out. If the plan is not approved, the court will issue an order canceling the rehabilitation process, and the automatic stay will lose its validity. "

"It is therefore unclear how Thai Airways will emerge from this process," 

I am currently stuck in NZ we have 2 thai students with us. They’re flying back to Thailand on Thai airways on 17th June to reunite with their parents . Cost 3600$ nz each,so thaiair are still flying plane Limited to120 passengers 

4 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

I am currently stuck in NZ we have 2 thai students with us. They’re flying back to Thailand on Thai airways on 17th June to reunite with their parents . Cost 3600$ nz each,so thaiair are still flying plane Limited to120 passengers 

It's not 17th June yet. But good luck.

4 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

That is extremely expensive .... $6,723 A$   They are really gouging customers if that's the price.

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

That is extremely expensive .... $6,723 A$   They are really gouging customers if that's the price.

Sounds like a repatriation flight as Thai airways has suspended commercial services until June 30th, Flights in July from NZ to BKK are $1400 NZD

6 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Sounds like a repatriation flight as Thai airways has suspended commercial services until June 30th, Flights in July from NZ to BKK are $1400 NZD

yes .. agree, probably a special repat' flight that has been arranged. As I mentioned previously, i seriously doubt TG will be flying from August as they have no cash. But of coarse they won't let on, they'll take money for tickets. It's a very brave person who buys a forward ticket from TG from here on. imo

Just for clarification, many people seem to misunderstand about THAI bankruptcy. It is not that they went bankrupt because they just completely ran out of cash. They had to take the bankruptcy because they are no longer able to pay the debt payments. There were going to be totally out of cash in a few months if they had to pay the debts. Now that THAI have filed bankruptcy, they now don't have to pay the debts at least for quite a while, which frees up their cash-flow. They still do have adequate cash for normal operations. When borders are opened, they will continue to fly as normal.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Thai Airways went bankrupt and are under reconstruction. International flights are grounded.Refunds have to wait maybe 6 months according to an article in The Nation. Imo,the question is not when you get a refund, it's if you get one. 

So far its just a lot of hype and behind the scenes restructuring. 

Supposed to be August before they get serious. 

Maybe thats what they are stalling for?

Anyway, at this time i have a one way credit. 

If it goes belly up we start again..

On 6/6/2020 at 2:45 PM, umlungu2012 said:

The road death comparison is nonsense. Please don't dish it up for the umpteenth time. Road deaths are not contagious.

Your own country is in total lockdown, even the states themselves. And we're talking an entire continent with 25 million people. So don't complain about 70 million in a vastly smaller area and denser living conditions.

It's good policy to keep the borders shut for as long as possible. 

Your a sad man..

11 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Repatriation flights will still continue until the demands are too low.

Lets hold on the the hope that repatriation of thai and farang partners may happen sometime soon too.

Otherwise we will all be as bitter and twisted as a few posters on here are.

I haven't given up...