Beach clampdown ordered after visitors ignore Covid-19 rules

snoop1130

On 6/5/2020 at 6:55 PM, tribalfusion001 said:

So how is covid-19 spread in the sea? This is a country which is reporting no local cases but have rules on what you can and can't do on an open air beach, crazy!

Not to defend the idiots who close beaches to stop the spread of a virus; but Thailand is not alone this practice. I am stuck in the Philippines and just recently has limited beach use been aloud. Back in my home State of Oregon, beaches still closed. So apparently stupidly spreads faster than covid-19. Maybe they can come up with a cure for that too!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DB58 said:

So apparently stupidly spreads faster than covid-19. Maybe they can come up with a cure for that too!

Yes, when I read your post I believe that the virus spreads...

In this time I can read so much stupidity and naivity everywhere in the internet. 

11 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

Beaches are closed because people cannot maintain social distancing.

Like they were social distancing in Big C and The Mall today?  <Not>. 

Using the exact same rules - Big C and The Mall should be forced to close.  But...  ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

"Meanwhile, Boonyod Maklai, mayor of Haad Chao Samran subdistrict, said that visitors at the beach would be closely monitored."

Well, wish you happy monitoring then. Take care not to fall asleep whilst doing so.

To make this all a little more "visitor friendly", ban any dirty falang from entering the water. They should only be allowed to rent a beach chair and watch their families playing in the water (if Thai passport holder). Of course falang has to wear face mask and cannot eat or drink whilst on the beach. Sounds fair to me at least...

Yes, I'm being sarcastic here.

• Sad 1

On 6/5/2020 at 5:29 PM, snoop1130 said:

"We instructed our officials to make sure tourists are aware of the rules, which have been set by the Public Health Ministry and provincial authorities," he said.

Yes, after they accost the farang(Thais get a gentle warning) they will tell them the rules in Thai and probably ask for a 1000bt fine.  Going to the beach is such a hassle that it is no longer enjoyable.

• Like 1

I compare the "old normal" with the "new normal" and what I arrive at is that the power freaks can take their rules and their beaches and place them somewhere where neither the light of the moon or the sun will touch them. 

I'm simply not playing any longer.  They want to torch their economies.  Fine with me.  Obviously the power-junkies issuing the rules are financially well off and don't rely on tourism to pad their income flows - so they can do what the power-mad love to do: Wield power over others while most likely ignoring the rules themselves. 

Edited by connda
  • Like 1