Can't do the online 90-day report, Is the system down?

7 hours ago, Will2011 said:

I have renewed my passport last year, transferred last year extension to the new one, and got my extension on February this year with my new passport. I do not think it is related to my new passport not being registered.

I just tried back this morning a couple of times with and without the two letters of the TM.6, but I still get the same message.

What app are you using?

Worth trying your old pp number also

Screenshot_2020-04-17-13-27-06-39_7372d3bd917a0b2787a892528e6a5d04.jpg

20 hours ago, Will2011 said:

Ubonjoe, I checked multiple times and inserted the number of the departure card correctly. It is two letters followed by 5 digits. I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Trust me...YOU are not doing anything wrong. Your experience has been the vast majorities of others for years. Way more often than not, it doesn't work. 

Regardless of amnesties, CoVid etc, I went to my local immigration office last week, to stamp my 90 day report. The officer told me the immigration dept is running as normal for retired persons, we are long term stayers, not tourists.

All in all, through the drive through in 54 seconds and next 90 days due in Sept, two weeks before I have to resubmit the mounds of documents for my ME Permit to Stay, due to retirement.

Simple, just do it normally and stop worrying.

The 90 day report system is very picky, it took me many attempts to complete it.

It only works with Internet Explorer ( now called Microsoft Edge) and Safari. Other browsers will let you have a go, but you will get an error message.

Then you need to be very careful filling out the different fields. You MUST use the drop down menus for every field. The system will let you type in a date, but it will not be accepted, you must use the drop down date to select it.

You must make sure that the dates on your TM6, the last entry date in your passport and what you enter on the system all match.

If everything is perfect - you will be accepted.

Good luck !

• Haha 1

Immigration is open at Jomtien I did my 90 day report on the 5th June in n out 5 minuets 

I'm also bogged down  here in Thailand due to the C19 virus, However as a Regional Manager I also have a Thai workpermit to work here,

19 minutes ago, Tidybeard said:

The 90 day report system is very picky, it took me many attempts to complete it.

It only works with Internet Explorer ( now called Microsoft Edge) and Safari. Other browsers will let you have a go, but you will get an error message.

Then you need to be very careful filling out the different fields. You MUST use the drop down menus for every field. The system will let you type in a date, but it will not be accepted, you must use the drop down date to select it.

You must make sure that the dates on your TM6, the last entry date in your passport and what you enter on the system all match.

If everything is perfect - you will be accepted.

Good luck !

I did my first online 90 day report using Win XP and Firefox...no problems (as previously reported in an older thread).

Browser doesn't seem to matter.

But everything else #tidybeard has mentioned is important.

It's worth mentioning that I had earlier filed a TM30 online and my address that the acceptance email quoted was slightly different to what I had hand written on previous submissions. So I used their one, exactly, and it worked perfectly. It's what is on THEIR database !

Anytime that you are issued with a new TM6 number ie. return from overseas on a re-entry permit; then you have to visit the Immigration office the first time in person to do 90 day report, thereafter you can use the online system.
It's a shame that the system doesn't contain that information on the initial page or the error message should be re-written....but This Is Thailand

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, QPRFC said:

Anytime that you are issued with a new TM6 number ie. return from overseas on a re-entry permit; then you have to visit the Immigration office the first time in person to do 90 day report, thereafter you can use the online system.
It's a shame that the system doesn't contain that information on the initial page or the error message should be re-written....but This Is Thailand

Luckily that is NOT correct.

The ONLY time you have to visit your local IO office to do the 90-day report in person (or by mail) is when it is your VERY FIRST TIME to file a 90-day report.

After having done it once, you can do it afterwards on-line irrespective of exits/entries to the country.  And since a couple of weeks you can do it even with a new passport without having left the country.

Only long-stayers that have not left the country for many years, are not able to report on-line (as their original TM-6 entry/departure card is not in the database that is consulted when doing your 90-day report on-line).

• Like 1

It was working fine last Sunday.

I submitted my latest 90 day report successfully online on Sunday 31.5.2020, and it was approved by Monday afternoon on 1.6.2020.

I've spent many more hours trying to get the online system to work than it's taken to just go to the Chiang Mai office and do it in person. I'll probably give it another go next time, but CM is such an efficient and easy office for me to get to that I need to remind myself not to waste an entire day trying different ways to get the online system to work for me.

On 6/5/2020 at 8:00 PM, Will2011 said:

Ubonjoe, I checked multiple times and inserted the number of the departure card correctly. It is two letters followed by 5 digits. I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Have you tried not to enter anything in fields without the asterisk (*),and then see what it complains about. Did you use the scroll down function to the right when there is one,for example when entering the date and country?

4 hours ago, Tidybeard said:

It works perfectly well with Chrome, based on my latest successful attempt to submit a report online using that particular browser last week!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mcl2504 said:

I've spent many more hours trying to get the online system to work than it's taken to just go to the Chiang Mai office and do it in person. I'll probably give it another go next time, but CM is such an efficient and easy office for me to get to that I need to remind myself not to waste an entire day trying different ways to get the online system to work for me.

Attached a 90-day reporting on-line Troubleshooting Guide for the website-version.

90-day reporting website trouble-shooting.txt

On 6/5/2020 at 8:41 PM, rhodie said:

I think you have to do one in person at the office before the online system can find you. I may be wrong.

surely when one DOES the very first sign in then info would have been inputted to the system ??

or some one has deleted ones details.....

2 minutes ago, essox essox said:

surely when one DOES the very first sign in then info would have been inputted to the system ??

or some one has deleted ones details.....

The online reporting system will accept the application but it would not be approved by the local office due to them not having a record of previous reports.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The online reporting system will accept the application but it would not be approved by the local office due to them not having a record of previous reports.

Would a previous mail in report establish the record they need?

To the OP:  It is an amateurish system, not at all user friendly.  Probably nothing you did, or didn't do.

I did my first 90 report online in 2018 with no problems and wondered why there were so many issues reported here on ThaiVisa.  I felt so smug that I didn't ever have to go to the local Khon Kaen immigration office which, at that time, was on the other side of town and very small and crowded.

In the meantime, I have used online systems from 2 brokerage firms in the USA, 2 banks (Thai and US), multiple airlines, Food Panda, Grab, online East Bay Times, PEA, PWA, internet service provider, register and record TM30, and retrieved my previous 90 day report in the system.  I think I know how to fill out a form and use a real online system.

Now, for the second time, I have been in Thailand for 90+ continuous days.  I just spent a week trying to do my 90 report online.  On Friday, I gave up.  Luckily, I am only a 5 minute drive from the new Khon Kaen immigration office.  There were no customers waiting and it took the IO about 50 seconds to scan my passport, print the new report and neatly staple it into my passport.  The only document I needed was the pre-filled TM47.  

None of the many suggestions I found here applied to my situation.  My final conclusion (not substantiated) is that because Khon Kaen immigration re-set my 90 day due date (TM6:arrival 12Feb20 = 11May20  reset to 16Jun)  when I went in to renew my extension of stay on 19Mar the new date was now out of sync with the TM6.  Of course, on one of my many tries, I did use the new date in the arrival date field but that also did not work.  This answer probably does not apply to many people since I think that Khon Kaen is an outlier in resetting the 90 day on extension renewals after the first time. 

The point is that the 90 day system is not a robust system that can handle any variables and has few relevant error reports.  Is the system down?  Is the TM6  # out of sync with the arrival date?  Is the data entry date too soon?  Too Late?  Is the TM6 # out of sync with the passport #? With the last name?  And to top if off, the User Guide they make available on the first screen is in Thai for a system to be used by alien visitors!  

End of Rant....

• Like 2

I think a lot of excellent suggestions and experiences here but the bottom line is if your field inputs to the 90 day online reporting do not match the entries in the IM database tables against your personal details, you will never get the application submitted successfully if this is the case.

This could be due to a number of issues, finger trouble of the data entry by the IM officer into your database file, changes in your details that are not yet reflected into the database tables or the database has an issue with being out of sync (database update issue) with your latest visa / reporting information. 

The problem is you have IM Thais entering English text and as such lots of possibilities for input errors and no database reconciliation checking processes of data entry validity.  

I also found out from my visa agent that if your visa / reporting details are registered in your current regional IM database where you reside and report, if you move to another IM region the database in the region you move for reporting to has to be updated. 

I know it sounds absolutely crazy and there must be a common hierarchical database that all IM entry and exit ports can be accessed by IM officers. ?????

But <deleted> who knows how IM IT systems are structured and how the different systems are integrated with each other.

As suggested when the amnesty passes go to your local IM office do your 90 day report and ask the IM officer could you have a copy of your 90 day reporting records as you are having issues with entering your details into your 90 days online reporting. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 1:51 AM, baansgr said:

For the first time in 5 years I managed to do 90 day online by downloading their app. One point, it wouldn't accept my current passport number, however on entering my old passport it was accepted and approved within 36 hours. Has the OP renewed his passport?

Was that recently?  I haven't even been able to get the app to run for a few days.

17 hours ago, Aarin said:

Why are you trying to report? Everyone is exempt until July 31

Several good reasons already given.  For me, as a first time user it's to ensure that it works for me as it may not be convenient to report in person when the requirement is re-scheduled.

Edited by treetops
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

If you arrived on March 13 , then you might be to late now for online reporting. Less then 7 days will not work but with registered mail you can still do it or just go to the immigration office in person.

Good luck

The window to do your 90-day reporting on-line has been widened spprox a month ago.

You can now do it from 15 days before till the actual due date.

So if you arrived on March 13, you can still do it now and tomorrow June 10 would be the last day of your on-line reporting window.

When you miss that window, you can do your 90-day report in person at your local IO as there is a 6-day grace period from the day your 90-day report was due.  However, it is not necessary nor even useful to report in person at your local IO because 90-day reporting is not required during the Amnesty period (till July 31).  At the end of the Amnesty period IO will announce when you would need to do the next one.  It is absolutely sure they don't want everybody reporting in the first week after the Amnesty and thus flooding the IOs, so most probably they will simply consider the 90-day reports that fell in the Amnesty period as being 'done' with your next appointment 90 days after the due date of the 90-day report you didn't do.

Note: It is not sure whether you will be able to do your next 90-day report on-line, when you did not do the present one on-line before the due date.  Therefore it is recommended (but not mandatory) to do your present 90-day report on-line as you might otherwise be forced to do your next one in person or by mail.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Confused 1

On 6/9/2020 at 8:01 AM, Peter Denis said:

The window to do your 90-day reporting on-line has been widened spprox a month ago.

You can now do it from 15 days before till the actual due date.

So if you arrived on March 13, you can still do it now and tomorrow June 10 would be the last day of your on-line reporting window.

When you miss that window, you can do your 90-day report in person at your local IO as there is a 6-day grace period from the day your 90-day report was due.  However, it is not necessary nor even useful to report in person at your local IO because 90-day reporting is not required during the Amnesty period (till July 31).  At the end of the Amnesty period IO will announce when you would need to do the next one.  It is absolutely sure they don't want everybody reporting in the first week after the Amnesty and thus flooding the IOs, so most probably they will simply consider the 90-day reports that fell in the Amnesty period as being 'done' with your next appointment 90 days after the due date of the 90-day report you didn't do.

Note: It is not sure whether you will be able to do your next 90-day report on-line, when you did not do the present one on-line before the due date.  Therefore it is recommended (but not mandatory) to do your present 90-day report on-line as you might otherwise be forced to do your next one in person or by mail.

I was only giving some advise.

i do it online and on time and if online not works i do it with registered mail.

Thanks 

I tried the online method this morning.  Accessed it through the standard Thai Immigration site.  Filled in all the details and was immediately approved.  Printed out the "Next Appointment" slip for my passport.  All done in a few minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

I tried the online method this morning.  Accessed it through the standard Thai Immigration site.  Filled in all the details and was immediately approved.  Printed out the "Next Appointment" slip for my passport.  All done in a few minutes.

Exactly the same experience for me this morning. Instant approval.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1