Can't do the online 90-day report, Is the system down?

Why if you never left the country subsequent to your original arrival and you got a new passport you can not do a 90 day report online.

The System does not recognize your new passport number with your original arrival card.

However, to get a new extension you have to show your current passport with the old arrival card and do subsequent in person reporting.

Why can't the System be updated to have your current passport number that Immigration accepts to obtain a new extension

34 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

Why if you never left the country subsequent to your original arrival and you got a new passport you can not do a 90 day report online.

The System does not recognize your new passport number with your original arrival card.

However, to get a new extension you have to show your current passport with the old arrival card and do subsequent in person reporting.

Why can't the System be updated to have your current passport number that Immigration accepts to obtain a new extension

Since a couple of weeks IO has solved the problem you are quoting.  It is now possible to do your 90-day reporting on-line using your new passport details even if you did not yet exit the country with that new passport.

Several reports have confirmed this.  

57 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

That would be great if true.

Does that mean I do not have to upload any document?

When doing your 90-day report on-line you just need to fill in the data on the website form.

There is no need to register or upload any document.

I did one online in the past week, so it is nto the system. Approval took a week, but that is typical of my Imm Office which uses 90 day reporting as an "income generating" activity so takes its time in approving online filing if it does so at all.

Could have been an error in how your details were entered on arrival, if everything you have entered is correct. The error message you get means they could nto match the info you gave with their records.

Question:

Given that there is a reporting amnesty until July 31, if you were suppose to report say May 16 and do it online now, when is your next 90 day report due?

Is it better to do it now or wait until July 31 or when they tell you to do it by?

Does it really matter?

Edited by marvin1950
additional

8 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

Question:

Given that there is a reporting amnesty until July 31, if you were suppose to report say May 16 and do it online now, when is your next 90 day report due?

Is it better to do it now or wait until July 31 or when they tell you to do it by?

Does it really matter?

When you do it successfully online, the Approved email gives you the next reporting date.

I do mine online, on time. Why not?

Easy, quick and no guessing about amnesty etc.

And, no arguments with Imm.

• Like 1

They have not announced that yet. They will do it after they decide the amnesty is not going to be extended again.

Only a guess but I think they will be due 90 days from when you last report was due.

I skipped mine that was due in April so I will of skipped 2 of them by July 31st.

It is your choice. But why do something you do not have to do unless you can do them online (I can't do them).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

Question:

Does it really matter?

There is no need to do any 90-day reporting during the Amnesty (till 31 July).  And you do not have to worry about crowded immigration offices with 90-day reporters once the Amnesty is over as IO will surely want to avoid that, e.g. they might simply declare that any 90-day reporting due-dates that did fall in the Amnesty period would be considered 'done', and your next report would be 90 days after that last 'done'.

However, if you are able to do your 90-day report ON LINE during the 15 day before till due date window, it is recommended to do so.  Because you might not be able to do your next one on-line, if you didn't report on-line during the on-line reporting window.  And that would force you to do that next 90-day report in person or by e-mail.  When you live far away from IO, that would be quite inconvenient and anyway reporting on-line only takes 10 minutes so why skip it.

• Like 1

I actually went into our local immigration office yesterday and did my 90 day report after reading this post about online reporting having trouble, I was the only person in there at 9.30 and handed it all over, sat down and waited till it was done, was great to not have kids running and screaming as well as others jostling &  yelling at each other, hope they keep this up, no need to worry about doing it online when it is this easy

• Like 1

i do not seem to find my post from yesterday,

so i tell all of you again.

I should  have signed in for 90 days....before 12 april......did not do it.

I went yesterday afternoon to sign in was in and out within 3 minutes....

I now have to go sign in again before 8 September.

this was at soi 5 jomtien....

Had no probs whatsoever....

so in my opinion best to go in person....then one knows one is covered....and PAY NO OVERSTAY !!!

13 minutes ago, essox essox said:

i do not seem to find my post from yesterday,

so i tell all of you again.

I should  have signed in for 90 days....before 12 april......did not do it.

I went yesterday afternoon to sign in was in and out within 3 minutes....

I now have to go sign in again before 8 September.

this was at soi 5 jomtien....

Had no probs whatsoever....

so in my opinion best to go in person....then one knows one is covered....and PAY NO OVERSTAY !!!

During the Amnesty period (till 31 July) doing your 90-day report is not required, and no overstay fines will be imposed for not doing them.

So it was actually not necessary for you to do your 90-day report in person at your local IO.

If you would have done nothing, your next 90-day reporting due date (after the Amnesty) would probably have been approx 7 October (as IO will most probably consider the 90-day reports you did not do during the Amnesty as 'done').

19 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

There is no need to do any 90-day reporting during the Amnesty (till 31 July).  And you do not have to worry about crowded immigration offices with 90-day reporters once the Amnesty is over as IO will surely want to avoid that, e.g. they might simply declare that any 90-day reporting due-dates that did fall in the Amnesty period would be considered 'done', and your next report would be 90 days after that last 'done'.

However, if you are able to do your 90-day report ON LINE during the 15 day before till due date window, it is recommended to do so.  Because you might not be able to do your next one on-line, if you didn't report on-line during the on-line reporting window.  And that would force you to do that next 90-day report in person or by e-mail.  When you live far away from IO, that would be quite inconvenient and anyway reporting on-line only takes 10 minutes so why skip it.

My thinking exactly. By still doing the 90 day online reporting during the amnesty, and having our next report date continually updated, hopefully we should be able to continue without any "interruptions" once the situation returns to some kind of normality.

It's a 2 hour round trip to my "local" IO.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1