'It's not over until there is no virus anywhere in the world': WHO

snoop1130

15 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

I think that smallpox is the sole formerly widespread virus that’s been eradicated in the wild, correct me if I’m wrong. Even if an effective vaccine’s developed, the China virus is here to stay, along with many other viruses such as measles, which can’t be completely eradicated, despite the fact that effective vaccines exist.

No, you are right, but many of its 'pox virus' mutations, (less lethal) are still around and although  they don't kill many nowadays, they were themselves lethal in the days before good meds and good hygiene. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

According to wikipedia, polio hasn’t been totally eradicated, but there are only a tiny number of cases now. I think there may be reasons why eradication of smallpox and polio is more feasible than eradication of a coronavirus.

well I would guess that Darwin tells us that Natural Selection/genetic mutation will, over generations, make viruses all the more powerful and resistant to vaccinations and treatments. A virus will do for humanity at some point, you can bet on it. 

14 minutes ago, elliss said:

Chinese plan A.   Destroy the Western World economies .

Covidiots , carry on regardless, listen to your Media superiors, and panic.

World health organisation ,  should be brought to justice .

Charged with what, Professor?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, wonder6281 said:

It will as last as long as people believe it actually exists! Given how easily led people are by the Main Stream Media, it could take a while!

So you actually don't believe that this virus exists? Wow. Where is your scientific evidence of that? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So you actually don't believe that this virus exists? Wow. Where is your scientific evidence of that? 

Under his tinfoil hat. Right next to "The Moon landings were fake" and "Bigfoot sighted in Central Park"

Edited by Phil McCaverty
  • Like 2

What a totally ridiculous and self-serving statement ! She should be locked up in the same room as the lady who came out with the solution to blood sports, "We must train the foxes not to attack chickens" !!! How can a person be so removed from reality and still find a position of employment ?

I have to agree that it's unlikely that this virus will ever go away entirely and that such a perfect result should be seen as the only reasonable and manageable solution to this. 

The truth is that it's way too early to know exactly where this is going.

We do know what we do know for now --

This is a very infectious virus

It really is a pandemic 

Some countries currently have it under control but it's unknown how permanent that control will be

Some countries are going through a horror show now (for example, Brazil)

Almost definitely other countries will be due for their horror shows (countries in Africa)

Severity of future waves unknown. We can look at the 1918-9 flu pandemic and realize that right now we are in the dark about that.

There is no current decently effective treatment for severe cases.

There is no vaccine. If/when a vaccine or vaccines become available is unknown. How effective such a vaccine may be globally is also unknown.

There are many possible scenarios going forward with this. Some are very bad. Some are much better. But no virus anywhere is just one (seemingly unlikely) outcome.

Edited by Jingthing

14 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

According to wikipedia, polio hasn’t been totally eradicated, but there are only a tiny number of cases now. I think there may be reasons why eradication of smallpox and polio is more feasible than eradication of a coronavirus.

There is: lack of animal resevoir.