'It's not over until there is no virus anywhere in the world': WHO

snoop1130

17 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

And when will that be? Does that mean we have to put up stupid social distancing for years.

Social distancing is a short-term or a group-selective strategy. In plain English, if people really social distanced, there would be no sex and therefore no procreation and no next generation. So there is a limit to social distancing on that score alone.

As the virus becomes better understood, the vulnerable groups will be better identified. For instance, mortality among children is tiny - there is probably a much higher chance of a child being killed on their way to school than dying from Covid-19.

On the other hand, those with diabetes and other conditions or on certain meds will have to keep isolating themselves. This is a group-selection strategy.

Of course you cannot keep a group in lockdown for ever. There are several outcomes, as follows.

First, eventually the population will get herd immunity. This can happen over a long period of time or it can be strategically arranged - for instance, allowing young people to get the virus and gain immunity.

Second, and possibly in conjunction with the first, there will be either a vaccine or some medicine that would control the tough symptoms of Covid-19. For instance, influenza is probably never going away. Vulnerable groups take the vaccine but it does not guarantee 100% immunity. But it can vastly reduce the effects on the human body of a new infection. Slowly there will be herd immunity as those with vulnerability get vaccinated and others get infected and produce antibodies. But it may still mean that as the virus mutates, there will be symptoms but just not ones that result in fatality.

“It’s not over. It’s not over until there is no virus anywhere in the world,” and these are supposed to be Health experts?! Time for all countries to stop funding WHO I think.

Edited by TKDfella
  • Like 1

I was talking to my mate Kenneth and he said 'They think it's all over'.  Then confusingly continued 'well It isn't now.'

Looks like we'll be in this for 'extra time'.

• Haha 1

Just had another chat with  my mate Kenneth sitting 2 metres away from me. He sees a small window of opportunity and believes it may be over when the fat lady sings.

It will never ever stop as long as bio-warfare laboratories and unethical scientists exist, and as long as scientists create viruses such as COVID-19 and patent them so that they can make billions and trillions from so-called remedies such as vaccines and drugs.

If you look into medical history, you will find that diseases have skyrocketed since the inception of allopathic medicine, and this is because it is not about curing you but about suppressing symptoms and making billions of dollars by you having to renew your prescriptions until you finally die.

So-called healthcare is a trillion dollar industry so why would they want to cure you! It was created by the Rockefellers so that should tell you much. Also, look into the corruption of the WHO, the CDC, the FDA, and all their associates – it is revealing what you will find. Look into Bill Gates who was the second highest donor to the WHO after the US, and his speeches where he incessantly says that he will use vaccines to reduce the world population, and have you seen the damage he has already done – and don't forget, his father and grandfather were both genocidists who wanted to cull the population also.

Need I say more? It will NEVER end as long as there is profit in it! Time to wake up to the truth of these organisations.

4 hours ago, Siamjim said:

it's not over till your CCP overlords says so

Well then you be glad to know that from today no need to do temperature checks in Beijing when entering stores or housing complexes.  ????

14 minutes ago, Diddl said:

It will never ever stop as long as bio-warfare laboratories and unethical scientists exist, and as long as scientists create viruses such as COVID-19 and patent them so that they can make billions and trillions from so-called remedies such as vaccines and drugs.

If you look into medical history, you will find that diseases have skyrocketed since the inception of allopathic medicine, and this is because it is not about curing you but about suppressing symptoms and making billions of dollars by you having to renew your prescriptions until you finally die.

So-called healthcare is a trillion dollar industry so why would they want to cure you! It was created by the Rockefellers so that should tell you much. Also, look into the corruption of the WHO, the CDC, the FDA, and all their associates – it is revealing what you will find. Look into Bill Gates who was the second highest donor to the WHO after the US, and his speeches where he incessantly says that he will use vaccines to reduce the world population, and have you seen the damage he has already done – and don't forget, his father and grandfather were both genocidists who wanted to cull the population also.

Need I say more? It will NEVER end as long as there is profit in it! Time to wake up to the truth of these organisations.

So what is your suggestion then ?

Go back to medieval medicine when live expectancy was so much higher than now?

The big killer out there is not the medical or pharmaceutical industry - Its people themselves who want a 'fix' for unhealthy living.

• Like 1

This is just ridiculous. This disease is a bad one, but it seems to be implied here that we need 0 global cases to get on with life when the diseases ifr is most likely between .2-.4%. Yes precautions need to be taken for a while and the vulnerable need to be protected, because this disease will be endemic, but there seems to be a lot of fearmongering going on. Most likely, it will be herd immunity which ends up protecting us since there is no guarantee that there will be a vaccine that eradicates it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

So what is your suggestion then ?

Go back to medieval medicine when live expectancy was so much higher than now?

The big killer out there is not the medical or pharmaceutical industry - Its people themselves who want a 'fix' for unhealthy living.

Suggestion - don't use their services and find alternatives.

"medievel medicine" - Why?  What is wrong with alternative medicines of today such as Ayurvedic medicine, various Chinese medicines, Homeopathic medicine, and some alternative Western medicines.

"a 'fix' for unhealthy living" - All I will say is that it is difficult today to live healthy because of all the poisons in the food, the air, the water, the vaccines, and also perhaps it is a question of money that people don't live a healthy life such as eating fast foods.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So you actually don't believe that this virus exists? Wow. Where is your scientific evidence of that? 

No I don't, where is your evidence it does? Surely you don't trust Governments and the media to tell the truth do you?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Under his tinfoil hat. Right next to "The Moon landings were fake" and "Bigfoot sighted in Central Park"

Is this the best you could comeback with? Do some real research, not what your told by the main stream media!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wonder6281 said:

No I don't, where is your evidence it does? Surely you don't trust Governments and the media to tell the truth do you?

I would just like to add to that - I know of a MD who has read and researched hundreds of scientific papers and he has deduced that no virus has ever been isolated to-date, therefore there is no proof whatsoever that viruses actually exist.  If no virus has ever been isolated, then what are we being told to believe?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Pilotman said:

She is an idiot and the WHO is dysfunctional. What planet do these people come from? They will never fully eliminate Covid 19, or further mutations of it.  According to some, its been around in one mutation or another for generations. Trump is right to stop funding them, they are morons. 

I see that you are all-knowing, so that leads to the suspicion that you are an american. The other all-knowing entity seems to be president of usa, and he has the largest following of morons ever.
Your remarks qualify you as the only true expert on Covid 19. Luckily most, if not all,  governments and countries are smarter than you and your all-knowing colleague.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Proboscis said:

Social distancing is a short-term or a group-selective strategy. In plain English, if people really social distanced, there would be no sex and therefore no procreation and no next generation. So there is a limit to social distancing on that score alone.

Not a problem for me. i only have to wink at a woman and they get pregnant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

The ignorance of the WHO, an organisation run by a former Marxist revolutionary with absolutely no medical qualifications, is stunning.

A planet without viruses will be a planet without humans, as we need the good ones to stay healthy.

I think you are referring to bacteria, not viruses. The only good virus is a dead virus.

10 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I think you are referring to bacteria, not viruses. The only good virus is a dead virus.

Well, on the other hand, viruses have played a non negligible role in evolution at both the variation and selection levels, so they have contributed to shape the human race as it is.

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“It’s not over. It’s not over until there is no virus anywhere in the world,”

The idea is preposterous and the comment is extremely reckless.

We have to learn to live alongside these viruses, to evolve with them until we can find effective vaccines. 

The Influenza vaccine is reported to be between 40-60% effective in minimising the severity of the Influenza when contracted and is strain specific, the evolution of influenza and next outbreak is predicted - In 2009 H1N1 caught the world by surprise and ±575,000 people world wide died.

The common cold is a Coronavirus we have no cure for, we live alongside the common cold and evolve with it, each year carrying fresh immunity into the following year, the impact of the common cold is minimised because we live with it.

Smallpox was eradicated only after a 95% vaccine was found and was also effected 1-2 days after exposure to the variola virus. 

Polio was finally declared eradicated in 2019 after the difference vaccines were established for the 3 various strains each 90%, 99% and 100% effective. Polio was only eradicated after measures were taken to ensure underprivileged areas also received vaccination programs - the vaccine was already widely available to us in the West. The same can be said of Tuberculosis and many other vaccines. 

Thus: IF we are to eradicate SARS-CoV-2 we need a vaccine which is highly effective in ALL patients and can must be readily available world wide, if a vaccine is ‘only’ as effective as the influenza vaccine we have little choice but to live alongside Covid-19 and hopefully develop immunity to it each season. 

I’m not sure if this response from the WHO spokesperson it taken very badly out of context, if its just a very poorly worded response or if she not very sharp and the wrong person for the job. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JulesMad said:

I see that you are all-knowing, so that leads to the suspicion that you are an american. The other all-knowing entity seems to be president of usa, and he has the largest following of morons ever.
Your remarks qualify you as the only true expert on Covid 19. Luckily most, if not all,  governments and countries are smarter than you and your all-knowing colleague.

You are not good at sarcasm my friend, so I suggest that you don't try.  I am English, and I know an idiot ( Like the WHO lady) when I hear one and indeed, when I read something written by one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diddl said:

I would just like to add to that - I know of a MD who has read and researched hundreds of scientific papers and he has deduced that no virus has ever been isolated to-date, therefore there is no proof whatsoever that viruses actually exist.  If no virus has ever been isolated, then what are we being told to believe?

Exactly what I have researched as well and the labelling of Covid 19 as the cause of death is highly questionable which is even admitted!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

And when will that be? Does that mean we have to put up stupid social distancing for years.

We "enjoyed" the Spanish Flue for 4 years in 4 waves ( 1918-1922) . On a world population of 2 billion 30- 50, maybe even 100 million casualties, The death toll was 228,000 in Britain alone, with a population of 44 million ( so at 67 mln = theoretically 347.000 Boris + Dominic can laugh) . see https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofBritain/The-Spanish-Flu-pandemic-of-1918/ https://www.history.com/news/spanish-flu-second-wave-resurgence

• Like 2

Just now, puipuitom said:

We "enjoyed" the Spanish Flue for 4 years in 4 waves ( 1918-1922) . On a world population of 2 billion 30- 50, maybe even 100 million casualties, The death toll was 228,000 in Britain alone, with a population of 44 million ( so at 67 mln = theoretically 347.000 Boris + Dominic can laugh) . see https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofBritain/The-Spanish-Flu-pandemic-of-1918/ https://www.history.com/news/spanish-flu-second-wave-resurgence

Except this isn't the spanish flu. Interesting that some are now thinking that for a possible variety of reasons in the range of 50-80% may not be susceptible to covid19. We shall see.

Here is an interview with a mathematical modeler who provides information to public health officials in Britain to act upon. Karl Friston: up to 80% not even susceptible to Covid-19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUOFeVIrOPg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Not so. There are trillions in your body and many of them serve a healthy purposes. Try looking up the word "virome".

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Not so. There are trillions in your body and many of them serve a healthy purposes. Try looking up the word "virome".

I did and found nothing to say that they are actually beneficial.

If you've found differently please provide link.

40 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It will interesting to see if they are massive spikes in the infection rates after these protests, I suspect there will be none.

There are already increases in some states that have opened up too soon.