70Mai dash cam

Anyone any experience with these Xiaomi 70Mai dash cams ?

They get some good reviews.

A couple of models:

70Mai Smart dash cam 1S :

581C122C-CBA2-46BD-B070-6D95A661D9D9.jpeg.43a1b519816823a4658adfa1e178952f.jpegVoice activated ( sound off, take photo etc ) and strangely no screen. ( around 1000 baht on Lazada )

But I am more interested in the:

70Mai dash cam pro:

818E60ED-66E1-443B-9E24-75D48E52371E.jpeg.1dc0e165d904fc9b0aa78cea5bb5858f.jpeg

Better resolution than the 1S, voice activated option and also a gps additional module giving position and speed ( although I have read that position and speed do not appear on saved video ?? ). Around 1,500 baht on Lazada.

Anyone ??

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

I have second one, with 2 cameras (front, rear).

There is a speed + gps position on the video. With 128GB card it can store about last 10 hours of video (10 rear + 10 front camera).

You can view videos and download them either by cable to PC or just by wifi directly to you phone etc. Camera itself will create wifi and you will connect to it by phone app.  I prefer more expensive front/rear setup. What you want to catch is when somebody hits you (rear camera), not front.

That is great Andy !! Nice videos !!and thanks for settling my doubts about the gps on video.

So you have a Pro with gps front and rear ?

I see you have a pick up, mine would be going in a hatchback so will have to take a look at the mounting arrangement.

• Like 1

They all are good because it's Xiaomi, the only stupid point is no LED showing that we have a webcam.

I find so stupid not to show to people and cops that if they make any problem, they will be recorded.

I know that some people think differently but it is clearly wrong not to show a dashcam. Showing it is the best way to avoid problems, this is why we put cameras everywhere !

On 6/5/2020 at 10:58 PM, AndyAndyAndy said:

Yeah, front + rear + gps + 128gb card = 4013 Baht on Lazada.

Front camera has to be connected to rear camera by cable, so little extra work to hide it under panles/carpets, but cable is long enough, 6 metres.

Why not buying 2 standard cameras, 1 for front 1 for rear ?

On 6/5/2020 at 10:16 PM, AndyAndyAndy said:

I have second one, with 2 cameras (front, rear)

Hi/.

did you buy 2 camera's? (same yes)

7 hours ago, scoupeo said:

Front camera has to be connected to rear camera by cable, so little extra work to hide it under panles/carpets, but cable is long enough, 6 metres.

is the cable supplied?

I am very interested in this camera!

cheeers (Lazada at present) 1,499 each.

thank you

8 hours ago, scoupeo said:

Why not buying 2 standard cameras, 1 for front 1 for rear ?

Here is a comparison of the options available ( Oct 2019 ) , although I have only seen the 1S and the PRO for sale I have seen the LITE mentioned on some reviews.

841DEB5D-EDB8-4766-B7AE-3CE86836B19E.png.5707fed80ff90409ed05dde0637f087d.png

As you can see the specs for the PRO are improved over the other versions and as a clear video showing a license/number plate is important especially in a hit and run, the gps will record your speed also, another important feature if any dispute is opened.

I have ordered the PRO with gps from Lazada ( 1760 baht ) but have not decided on the rear camera yet, the reason being my car is a hatchback am looking at other options for rear view.

I have a front and rear camera connected by wire.  Why waste money on an expensive high resolution safety camera?  if it does the job of recording what is going on , in enough detail, in good resolution and in  colour, that is good enough.  No need for high tech.  My double camera cost 1,000 Baht and is perfect for the job. 

Front and rear camera are sold as a set. Rear camera doesn't have memory card, screen and power cable. Just cable from the main (front) camera. rear camera is just a slave o main.

If you buy 2 separate cameras. Both cameras will need power source, it's memory card and you will have to operate them separately. With a set you don;t care about anything of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Martinpeter said:

rear camera?

can you get wireless back cameras now?,(that link up with the front camera?. I would have thought so nowadays?

cheers

As AndyAndyAndy (why three?  hard to type) writes above, no power source, unless you provide it separately.  They are connected by wire. 

Why dont they tell you Bleep/ Buzz when they not recording. Ive had them since day one, the first 6 months i bored people to death about them. Now the only time i touch em is to stick it back on. Dont know or much care if it works or not due to good Bangkok Insurance Co.

2 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Front and rear camera are sold as a set. Rear camera doesn't have memory card, screen and power cable. Just cable from the main (front) camera. rear camera is just a slave o main.

If you buy 2 separate cameras. Both cameras will need power source, it's memory card and you will have to operate them separately. With a set you don;t care about anything of that.

Ah, okay, wasn’t aware there was a designated rear camera also ????.

Have you any info/link on this.

So I bought the PRO version for 1760 baht (1,861 baht before some discount vouchers ).

It is a very neat little unit, and I mean little !! ( 2” (50mm) across corners ), but nicely made and packaged. Fit it behind the mirror but low enough to access the buttons if needed.

At first the gps didn’t work but updated the firmware to version 1.09 and all good.

The app is good and works well with my iPhone despite some app reviews saying it doesn’t work after IOS13 update.

It has a wi-fi hotspot to enable you to access all the videos and photos, transfer them then to the app itself to view offline.

The gps shows co-ordinates and speed when viewed on the app (online or offline) but disappear if I transfer to any other album/app or view on laptop 

@Christian Blessing

@AndyAndyAndy

maybe you can help me here ??

Here’s a snapshot:

7E2E68F6-B8B9-4F5D-A2B9-BF24525D4D93.jpeg.bb64335ac60d02c35bc96862fbadd1c4.jpeg

The figures in white disappear outside the app.

Many features:

Voice control to :

Take photo, Emergency 30 second video, turn screen on/off.

Parking surveillance.

Wi-fi

Dedicated app

( with gps only )

Front vehicle collision 

Front vehicle start

Lane departure 

Resolution is good, was gonna download a snapshot showing some traffic so you can see the reg/number plates but it wouldn’t let me ?

Got an error message saying -200 (?) , it was 4.2 mb so am guessing 4 mb is the limit ?

Soo, you’ll have to take my word for it !!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2020 at 9:35 AM, AndyAndyAndy said:

I never seen the set with the rear camera, this is the one I ordered.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/global-ver-xiaomi-70mai-pro-dash-cam-night-vision-voice-control-i342028195-s664124890.html

I assume it's the same model but with just a camera+cable.. would you have a link for it or something? I'm mildly interested if it's the same model to see if i can just get the 2nd one, etc.

12 hours ago, kekalot said:

I never seen the set with the rear camera, this is the one I ordered.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/global-ver-xiaomi-70mai-pro-dash-cam-night-vision-voice-control-i342028195-s664124890.html

I assume it's the same model but with just a camera+cable.. would you have a link for it or something? I'm mildly interested if it's the same model to see if i can just get the 2nd one, etc.

This has kinda confused me too !!

The only 70Mai dash cam set I can find is this:

https://www.70mai.com/en/70mai-rearview-mirror-dash-cam/

I bought the same as you ordered, 70mai dash cam pro , and don’t see any way to add a rear camera too it .

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

This has kinda confused me too !!

The only 70Mai dash cam set I can find is this:

https://www.70mai.com/en/70mai-rearview-mirror-dash-cam/

I bought the same as you ordered, 70mai dash cam pro , and don’t see any way to add a rear camera too it .

yeah, I actually have a backwards camera with a little screen but the whole setup is kind of janky (not to mention a separate setup) so a all in one system might make more sense.

saw that rearview thing as well and also 2 different back up cameras, not sure if it's one of those (or the one you linked)..

15 minutes ago, kekalot said:

yeah, I actually have a backwards camera with a little screen but the whole setup is kind of janky (not to mention a separate setup) so a all in one system might make more sense.

saw that rearview thing as well and also 2 different back up cameras, not sure if it's one of those (or the one you linked)..

Yup, when I started this thread it was purely to buy the forward facing 70 Mai Pro ( which I did ) then Andy(x 3) came along with his setup and videos and I got interested in the rear view as well. 

But now I have the forward facing sorted I may just go for the 70Mai 1S for the rear facing.
No screen, but on the PRO it’s kinda unnecessary as can view on my phone, cable probably won’t be long enough to go all the way back and have to use the same power point but shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

As I hid the Pro behind the mirror I tend to forget it is there now .

I got a Xiaomi 1s Dashcam as I prefer having a screen as a visual cue that it is actually working. Got the 70Mai for the wife car and have to keep looking at the indicator light to make sure that it is working. 

I haven't thought of having one at the back since I always assume if you hit my back, there's little chance of a hit and run. 

49 minutes ago, patyh said:

I got a Xiaomi 1s Dashcam as I prefer having a screen as a visual cue that it is actually working. Got the 70Mai for the wife car and have to keep looking at the indicator light to make sure that it is working. 

I haven't thought of having one at the back since I always assume if you hit my back, there's little chance of a hit and run. 

Okay , confused me there a little as the Xiaomi 70Mai Dash Cam 1S doesn’t have a screen and the Xiaomi 70Mai Dash Cam Pro ( and Lite ) does .

I suppose whoever runs into the back of you is in the wrong anyway, not sure if that applies here though !!

I think he might mean this one

https://shopee.co.th/Xiaomi-Mi-Dash-Cam-1S-Global-Vesion-กล้องติดรถยนต์-ประกันศูนย์ไทย-1-ปี-i.28710029.2180767028

image.png.be85d65311c0a75f236557825bf2a771.png

while you are thinking of this one

https://shopee.co.th/xiaomi-70-mai-1s-กล้องบันทึกวิดีโอ-dvr-wifi-1080-p-midrive-d-06-มองเห็นที่มืดสําหรับติดรถยนต์-i.87034639.4917328817

image.png.3fee44105280078b5b1e9e815180f451.png

the reason why it's confusing is that 70mai is not Xiaomi itself but as far as i understand it might be an off-brand of some sort.

I've seen a lot of items on Lazada and Shopee and they have absolutely nothing to do with Xiaomi as far as I can tell but people keep putting that

here's an example or two, you can find hundreds:

https://shopee.co.th/-เหลือ-2399-ใส่โค้ด-SUNMK3-Xiaomi-Daewoo-Multifunctional-Air-Fryer-K3-หม้อทอดไร้น้ำมัน-หม้อทอดไฟฟ้า-ไร้น้ำมัน-ปรุงอาหาร-i.167238463.7833495082

"Xiaomi Daewoo" everything branded Daewoo

https://shopee.co.th/Xiaomi-JORDAN-JUDY-แปรงล้างหน้านวดหน้า-สำหรับสตรี-i.138020609.5601814964

" Before Order Please Note ・ It is Xiaomi ecological chain products ,there is no any Xiaomi LOGO on it, Thanks for your understanding! "

it happens so much that I'm beginning to think it's some kind of BS to make people buy their stuff by putting the name of a popular company on it

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kekalot said:

I think he might mean this one

https://shopee.co.th/Xiaomi-Mi-Dash-Cam-1S-Global-Vesion-กล้องติดรถยนต์-ประกันศูนย์ไทย-1-ปี-i.28710029.2180767028

image.png.be85d65311c0a75f236557825bf2a771.png

while you are thinking of this one

https://shopee.co.th/xiaomi-70-mai-1s-กล้องบันทึกวิดีโอ-dvr-wifi-1080-p-midrive-d-06-มองเห็นที่มืดสําหรับติดรถยนต์-i.87034639.4917328817

image.png.3fee44105280078b5b1e9e815180f451.png

the reason why it's confusing is that 70mai is not Xiaomi itself but as far as i understand it might be an off-brand of some sort.

I've seen a lot of items on Lazada and Shopee and they have absolutely nothing to do with Xiaomi as far as I can tell but people keep putting that

here's an example or two, you can find hundreds:

https://shopee.co.th/-เหลือ-2399-ใส่โค้ด-SUNMK3-Xiaomi-Daewoo-Multifunctional-Air-Fryer-K3-หม้อทอดไร้น้ำมัน-หม้อทอดไฟฟ้า-ไร้น้ำมัน-ปรุงอาหาร-i.167238463.7833495082

"Xiaomi Daewoo" everything branded Daewoo

https://shopee.co.th/Xiaomi-JORDAN-JUDY-แปรงล้างหน้านวดหน้า-สำหรับสตรี-i.138020609.5601814964

" Before Order Please Note ・ It is Xiaomi ecological chain products ,there is no any Xiaomi LOGO on it, Thanks for your understanding! "

it happens so much that I'm beginning to think it's some kind of BS to make people buy their stuff by putting the name of a popular company on it

Ah okay, you could be right.

Talking of air fryers, I bought one a couple of days ago and yes, it is a minefield !!

Some of the no brand names have a logo badly photoshopped on the ads !!

Fingers crossed mine is the genuine article, or at least a genuine copy ????

• 1 month later...

Okay, so just a bit of feedback.

Am happy enough with the 70Mai dash cam pro and it works very well, it’s tucked behind my rear view mirror so don’t even notice it.

I can pick up the videos on my iPhone app and view them via the built in wi-fi hotspot. Can also save them onto my phone and edit them or send them to others at will without removing the micro sd card.

The only drawback I have encountered is that the gps function ( location and speed ) is not shown on video outside of the app !!, seems a very strange anomaly but after entering a 70Mai blog found it to be a common problem . Could always take a video of of your phone screen to get the footage if necessary ????

Anyone who is interested in the 70Mai dash cam pro and wants to add a rear view cam then there’s a new version just been released:

70Mai A800 dash cam features a 4K resolution and also a rear view camera, also a built in gps function and a larger screen on the forward facing unit.

Seems to be only available on indiegogo.com so far but is worth watching out for.

https://youtu.be/vttp58HRsH4

https://youtu.be/QXETyjruJhs

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 1