Jump to content
BANGKOK
Bkkbound

July flights LHR to BKK cancelled...

Recommended Posts

I received an email this morning notifying me that my 3rd July booking London to Bangkok has Been cancelled, my wife’s saying there are reports of cancellations well into July. No offer of alternative flights, just advised to contact agent or Thai customer services. 
I had July internal flights cancelled a couple of weeks ago and the best response I,ve had from Thai Is that refunds will take up to six months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is after 16 consulate embassy officials visited Phuket's administration yesterday and all agreed to restart tourism !!

It seems quite strange that your flight has been cancelled. Austrian airlines and emirates are taking booking for July. I was looking only 2 days ago.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same with my wife who is stuck in the U.K. no BA flights it’s her 3rd cancellation ☹️☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are probably not enough passengers on those flights big money losers.

So, canceled.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2020 at 11:52 PM, Raphus said:

This is after 16 consulate embassy officials visited Phuket's administration yesterday and all agreed to restart tourism !!

It seems quite strange that your flight has been cancelled. Austrian airlines and emirates are taking booking for July. I was looking only 2 days ago.

Thats the problem, these airlines are showing flights, allow bookings but then have no flights leaving. I'm trying to get back to UK in order to start the process of getting back to Thailand and flights here are also allowing bookings and then cancelling. Lufthansa have done this several times here and many expats here are now waiting as well. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Thats the problem, these airlines are showing flights, allow bookings but then have no flights leaving. I'm trying to get back to UK in order to start the process of getting back to Thailand and flights here are also allowing bookings and then cancelling. Lufthansa have done this several times here and many expats here are now waiting as well. 

Where are you now?

I know of lots of people that have flown back to the UK from BKK in the last couple of weeks, Qatar are flying daily (02.10hrs) and most report that the flights are pretty empty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 I don't expect any flights arriving from any country into Thailand where the virus is not being controlled, and rightfully too..

Edited by from the home of CC
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mattd said:

Where are you now?

I know of lots of people that have flown back to the UK from BKK in the last couple of weeks, Qatar are flying daily (02.10hrs) and most report that the flights are pretty empty.

From what he has written, he is in the UK. You are talking BKK to UK. Take your pick Lufthanza, KLM, Qatar. From July add Swiss, Austrian, Finnish, Emirates. BA have cancelled all flights both ways, mine BKK to LHR for 9 July was cancelled this week. As it is my return flight I have chosen to rebook that for May 2021 and book a separate return to the UK with Qatar 9 July to 2 Nov. Just hope I can come back to Thailand at that time or I will be stranded in the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

There are probably not enough passengers on those flights big money losers.

So, canceled.

I dont think so. They just have no confidence that Thailand will accept passengers in July, so they do not want to fly in empty. Qatar and Emirates are different they can stop off in the Emirates and still be profitable taking passengers UK to Doha or Dubai and then outbound passengers from Thailand after flying in empty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...