July flights LHR to BKK cancelled...

Bkkbound

I received an email this morning notifying me that my 3rd July booking London to Bangkok has Been cancelled, my wife’s saying there are reports of cancellations well into July. No offer of alternative flights, just advised to contact agent or Thai customer services. 
I had July internal flights cancelled a couple of weeks ago and the best response I,ve had from Thai Is that refunds will take up to six months.

This is after 16 consulate embassy officials visited Phuket's administration yesterday and all agreed to restart tourism !!

It seems quite strange that your flight has been cancelled. Austrian airlines and emirates are taking booking for July. I was looking only 2 days ago.

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2020 at 11:52 PM, Raphus said:

This is after 16 consulate embassy officials visited Phuket's administration yesterday and all agreed to restart tourism !!

It seems quite strange that your flight has been cancelled. Austrian airlines and emirates are taking booking for July. I was looking only 2 days ago.

Thats the problem, these airlines are showing flights, allow bookings but then have no flights leaving. I'm trying to get back to UK in order to start the process of getting back to Thailand and flights here are also allowing bookings and then cancelling. Lufthansa have done this several times here and many expats here are now waiting as well. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Thats the problem, these airlines are showing flights, allow bookings but then have no flights leaving. I'm trying to get back to UK in order to start the process of getting back to Thailand and flights here are also allowing bookings and then cancelling. Lufthansa have done this several times here and many expats here are now waiting as well. 

Where are you now?

I know of lots of people that have flown back to the UK from BKK in the last couple of weeks, Qatar are flying daily (02.10hrs) and most report that the flights are pretty empty.

2 hours ago, Mattd said:

Where are you now?

I know of lots of people that have flown back to the UK from BKK in the last couple of weeks, Qatar are flying daily (02.10hrs) and most report that the flights are pretty empty.

From what he has written, he is in the UK. You are talking BKK to UK. Take your pick Lufthanza, KLM, Qatar. From July add Swiss, Austrian, Finnish, Emirates. BA have cancelled all flights both ways, mine BKK to LHR for 9 July was cancelled this week. As it is my return flight I have chosen to rebook that for May 2021 and book a separate return to the UK with Qatar 9 July to 2 Nov. Just hope I can come back to Thailand at that time or I will be stranded in the UK.

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

There are probably not enough passengers on those flights big money losers.

So, canceled.

I dont think so. They just have no confidence that Thailand will accept passengers in July, so they do not want to fly in empty. Qatar and Emirates are different they can stop off in the Emirates and still be profitable taking passengers UK to Doha or Dubai and then outbound passengers from Thailand after flying in empty.

3 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

As already states Qatar 02.10 is flying daily as is the Lufthansa 23.00 flight.

3 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Same with my wife who is stuck in the U.K. no BA flights it’s her 3rd cancellation ☹️☹️

Just as a matter of interest, is your wife Thai? If she is what about a repatriation flight.

• Like 1

UK is placing 14 day self-isolation on all arrivals from tomorrow, 8th June, until further notice.

There will now not be enough people flying in, so incoming flights will be cancelled, so no aeroplanes to fly people out.

Hence expect slew of flight cancellations from UK/strandings in UK post 8th June.

Edited by Enoon
  • Thanks 2

Thai Airways has announced that they have cancelled ALL international flights till the end of July.

The big question is, why? Do they already know that Thailand's inbound passenger ban will be extended past June 30? Or is there another reason?

• Like 1

Only surprise here is that the flight was ever available to begin with. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect any flights available from UK, EU or USA in July. Possibly later in the year, but don't hold your breath. I've been stuck in the USA for 2 1/2 months with no end in sight. Intended to come back for a month to attend to some essential business and now locked out. My entire life, wife, house, apartment, motorbike, car and 3 dogs and 3 cats all in Thailand and stuck here, locked out and away from my home. Biggest concern now is whether I'll be able to get back before the New Year to extend my "Retirement" permission of stay. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Enoon said:

UK is placing 14 day self isolation on arrivals from tomorrow, 8th June, until further notice.

Nobody flying in, no aeroplanes flying in, so no aeroplanes to fly people out.

Hence expect slew of flight cancellations from UK/strandings in UK post 8th June.

Right and wrong

UK is placing 14 day self isolation on arrivals from tomorrow, 8th June, until further notice. Correct

Incorrect.

No passengers but some airlines flying in empty. Lufthanza, KLM, Qatar. From July add Swiss, Austrian, Finnish, Emirates. The number of ailines flying is increasing not decreasing.

Incorrect. The UK quarantine policy will have little effect on people coming back from Thailand. I return to the UK with Qatar 9 July to 2 Nov, I fully expect to self isolate at home.8

3 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

See post #18

26 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Thai Airways has announced that they have cancelled ALL international flights till the end of July.

The big question is, why? Do they already know that Thailand's inbound passenger ban will be extended past June 30? Or is there another reason?

No but being in administration might have something to do with it. The other thing is that there are still 1,000's of Thai's to be repatriated and yes you maybe right about the extension of border closure.

Edited by jimn
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, jimn said:

Right and wrong

UK is placing 14 day self isolation on arrivals from tomorrow, 8th June, until further notice. Correct

Incorrect.

No passengers but some airlines flying in empty. Lufthanza, KLM, Qatar. From July add Swiss, Austrian, Finnish, Emirates. The number of ailines flying is increasing not decreasing.

Incorrect. The UK quarantine policy will have little effect on people coming back from Thailand. I return to the UK with Qatar 9 July to 2 Nov, I fully expect to self isolate at home.8

It is the same situation that trapped so many in Thailand.

Thailand only restricted inbound but in doing so effectively closed down outbound.

Edited by Enoon
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Thailand only restricted inbound but it closed down outbound.

Nonsence did you ignore what I posted about airlines flying out?

23 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Thailand only restricted inbound but in doing so effectively closed down outbound.

Edited by Enoon

On 6/6/2020 at 12:52 AM, Raphus said:

Thai Airways went bankrupt just a week ago and are under reconstruction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

Have you not yet learned that the world is now upside down?

I give up, you onviously have not read what I posted, which leads me to believe you cant read. Not a problem, 1,000's of people cant read either.