July flights LHR to BKK cancelled...

Bkkbound

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

Thai Airways has announced that they have cancelled ALL international flights till the end of July.

The big question is, why? Do they already know that Thailand's inbound passenger ban will be extended past June 30? Or is there another reason?

The airline is broke. Kaputt. Anything could happen. Or rather not happen.

8 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

I'm trying to get back to UK in order to start the process of getting back to Thailand and flights here are also allowing bookings and then cancelling.

Talk about getting the cart in front of the horse, eh?

If you are in Thailand presently and want to stay in Thailand for longer, I wouldn't be thinking about popping back to the UK, especially with it's brand-new 14-day self-isolation policy. That may be enough to convince the Thai authorities that the UK is an even higher-risk nation than China and you can't come back until some time next year.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

If you are in Thailand presently and want to stay in Thailand for longer, I wouldn't be thinking about popping back to the UK, especially with it's brand-new 14-day self-isolation policy. That may be enough to convince the Thai authorities that the UK is an even higher-risk nation than China and you can't come back until some time next year.

I agree with you but life is full of risks. Booked for July. For me I have grandkids in the UK who I want to see and a house unoccupied for 9 months already and I need to replenish medication. Plan to come back November. If I cant I will send the wife off ahead of me and I will spend Christmas in the UK. Not ideal but as I said life is full of risks.

14 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Only surprise here is that the flight was ever available to begin with. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect any flights available from UK, EU or USA in July. Possibly later in the year, but don't hold your breath. I've been stuck in the USA for 2 1/2 months with no end in sight. Intended to come back for a month to attend to some essential business and now locked out. My entire life, wife, house, apartment, motorbike, car and 3 dogs and 3 cats all in Thailand and stuck here, locked out and away from my home. Biggest concern now is whether I'll be able to get back before the New Year to extend my "Retirement" permission of stay. 

Ya, I'm stuck in SoCal (good weather though).  Came in Jan 12th to work until mid April and got caught in lockout of Thailand.  Have teens, a wife, and 2 yr old.  Am looking to see about having them come here for the kids summer off (they all have US/Thai passports so can repatriate back to LOS if necessary).

• Like 1

The only clear issue here is that Thai Airways are in administration under court supervision. The Thai government has finally pulled the support plug and Thai has no money to operate let alone refund cancelled tickets unless and until a court approved arrangement with its creditors materialises and a plan going forward gives confidence to investors to put money in. They keep cancelling all operations one month at a time. It will almost certainly be repeated for August and beyond.

Other airlines as discussed in this post may or may not operate flights showing as bookable that can only take on, not disembark, passengers until CAAT announce an end or partial end to this policy. CAAT keeps extending it at the moment. If they continue to do so let's hope the visa amnesty  presently until 31 July mirrors this!

22 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I'm in central asia, the Thai Consulate is closed and my work visa expires in 4 weeks. I'm a British National, so the only place I can currently go is to the UK. I would rather be heading home to my wife in Bangkok but options are scant at present, given I'm locked out of Thailnd. It feels a bit like "out of the frying pan and into the fire" choice at present going to the UK.  Upside is that after quarantine I can spend a couple of months with my 84 year old dad in the UK. 

On 6/8/2020 at 9:46 AM, Kalasin Jo said:

The only clear issue here is that Thai Airways are in administration under court supervision. The Thai government has finally pulled the support plug and Thai has no money to operate let alone refund cancelled tickets unless and until a court approved arrangement with its creditors materialises and a plan going forward gives confidence to investors to put money in. They keep cancelling all operations one month at a time. It will almost certainly be repeated for August and beyond.

Other airlines as discussed in this post may or may not operate flights showing as bookable that can only take on, not disembark, passengers until CAAT announce an end or partial end to this policy. CAAT keeps extending it at the moment. If they continue to do so let's hope the visa amnesty  presently until 31 July mirrors this!

It might seem a bit odd but TG have never stopped flying since the lockdown began. I don't think they ever missed a day without a least one flight to Hong Kong. Tokyo and Europe have had flights operating regular. They might be carrying cargo and people booked via Thai Consulates only? They can resume operations easily because they have never really stopped. Obvious loss making routes may be dropped immediately so i imagine there route network will be smaller when things get back to normal.

35 minutes ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

Obvious loss making routes may be dropped immediately so i imagine there route network will be smaller when things get back to normal.

And the frequency of flights on hitherto profitable routes will probably be reduced, at least in the short term (e.g. from 2 flights daily to 1 in the case of LHR).

On 6/7/2020 at 1:02 PM, crazykopite said:

Same with my wife who is stuck in the U.K. no BA flights it’s her 3rd cancellation ☹️☹️

BA announced to their staff that they don't expect resume flying to Asia before December earliest and then only to Singapore and Hong Kong.

I'm waiting for my BA flights to be cancelled for the remainder of this year.