Citing COVID-19, Australia seeks to bar George Floyd protests

rooster59

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I hope the cops arrest them then, and they get a criminal record.

you dont get a criminal record for such things. Crimnal records are only used if it states conviction recorded. If it doesnt say that then you dont need to mention it.

Yeah be funny seeing police try to deal with arresting tens of thousands. Wont happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

The 430 deaths in custody in Aus mentioned is just indigenous and Torres Strait Island people.

Apparently white lives don't matter.

#whitelivesmattertoo

1217879784_whitelivematter.jpg.1dff0681797a7828fb20537c9c8b4544.jpg

Who said they dont matter. If you are against deaths in custody feel free to attend.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

ive never seen a #WhiteLivesMatter protest

Because being white gives you privileges that black people are denied. Of course all lives matter, but racism has deadly consequences. And it's not just blacks, it applies to being non-white, non-male and non-straight as well. People with brown skin, women and homosexuals are all targets of violent white men. One woman per week is murdered by her partner in Australia. Bashing poofs is a sport in Oz, especially for blokes who spend a lot of time at the pub and regard 'f***in' as an essential part of their vocabulary.

If you're a white, straight male, you're automatically placed at the front of the queue - every single day of your life.

• Haha 2

The racial problems in Australia are long standing and complex. Essentially British colonists 230 plus years ago are regarded by current indigenous activists and their leftist sympathisers as invaders. In roughly the first 200 years there were a lot of injustices, sometimes as a result of actions with what was seen at the time as good intent, and sometimes outright massacres as retribution for petty crimes, stealing a sheep, whatever. Then they obtained some land rights and as social justice issues came to the fore, more and more Government resources have been poured into the sector. Success stories are ignored and failures highlighted. Huge problems still remain, there is much good will for more to be done. The Australian Prime Minster publically apologised in Parliament in 2007. From my perspective there is endless talk and little chance of getting indigenous leaders to agree to anything except more talk, and even more resources.  (much of which are supposedly wasted) I have heard that they consider another apology is necessary. Many of the remote communities are still very disadvantaged. This protest is being organised by a group called WAR Warriors against r? So anyway I hope they dont riot.

10 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Are they not also target of violent black men ?

There is only violent white men according to him, every other form of violence has come about because of the tyranny imposed on those perpetrators by violent white men.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

Anyone would realize that there is no place in society for police brutality or abuse of power, but in America thousands of blacks are killed by blacks every year and no-one gives a toss. Also worth mentioning that this Floyd character was no saint, and if he had lived in China he would have got one behind the ear long ago ????

How do you know?

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Are they not also target of violent black men ?

Domestic violence, yes. I shouldn't have included that. Poverty is a factor in violent crimes, so PoC and indigenous people are over-represented in the stats.

The salient point is that PoC are targeted specifically because of their skin colour, by non black males and police. That's the main issue in these protests.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:
3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So it took a man dying in a far away country for Australians to protest about Aborigine deaths? I think not.

Have a march for Aborigines then, not some man with no connection to Oz.

Exactly, the American death whilst sad should not be the trigger point in Aus.

Sounds like my fellow Aussies are just using it as an excuse for the sake of protesting.

Neither of you get it.

I doubt you have experienced systemic and lifelong racial discrimination in your existence

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

The salient point is that PoC are targeted specifically because of their skin colour, by non black males and police. That's the main issue in these protests.

The main issue in these protests is Police brutality, nothing to do with non black males other than they are the excuse for the protests and rioting.

Wonder what the stats are for White on black and Black on black violence is ?

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

The main issue in these protests is Police brutality, nothing to do with non black males other than they are the excuse for the protests and rioting.

Wonder what the stats are for White on black and Black on black violence is ?

This is about the culture of systemic racism from law enforcement agencies towards POC,and in Australia towards Aboriginal men and women in custody.  nice try at deflection, but not the issue here.

The main issue is systemic endemic racism

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Australia needs a designated protest city !

You must stage 100 or less empty police cars , multi brand fully stocked department stores and businesses  ,all within a one k of each other  then Invite protestors with a 8 hour time limit. Think of the advantages this experiment would have on lives,property while instilling  social awareness 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

And yet more white men die in police custody or imprisonment in Australia than indigenous people.

What is this endemic racism you speak of ?

Aboriginal people are 3% of the population but 34% of those incarcerated.

The manner of the deaths in custody of the Aboriginal population is often preventable, and most often as a result of violence or neglect ( with holding medications etc, ) at the hands of either police or custodial officers.

Rarely have people been prosecuted or convicted. I understand you cannot see past your own bias, and any objective view of situations for you currently is not possible.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was wondering how long before Trump got blamed for an Australian march. Didn't take long.

Except SA, demo's have been cancelled due to Covid concerns. trump wannabees in Oz and elsewhere is regrettably a fact of political life. On the other side of the coin trump admires Putin, Orban and others - excellent representative of the Office of the President of the USA - LOL

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1