Citing COVID-19, Australia seeks to bar George Floyd protests

rooster59

31 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Aboriginal people are 3% of the population but 34% of those incarcerated.

Only 3.0% ?

Shame white Australia shame.

On the flipside though the aboriginals are attributed to 90% of new Toyota Landcruiser purchases, funded by the white government !!

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Because some realize that it can produce the perfect environment for looting ????

Do big demos in Oz result in widespread looting?

Maybe they do and it's not just certain minorities who do it.

Huge demonstration in my home city Brisbane. Allowed because the Labour Government is facing an election and one of their heavyweights has the seat of South Brisbane, home to a large proportion of these protesters, and they want to shore up their vote in that seat, and generally, from leakage to the Greens by pandering to the woke minority. But 20 people aren't allowed in any other gathering.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

Huge demonstration in my home city Brisbane. Allowed because the Labour Government is facing an election and one of their heavyweights has the seat of South Brisbane, home to a large proportion of these protesters, and they want to shore up their vote in that seat, and generally, from leakage to the Greens by pandering to the woke minority. But 20 people aren't allowed in any other gathering.

This AM a number of States had said the demos were banned. I guess decisions were reversed or the people just ignored the edicts.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/black-lives-matter-protests-kick-off-across-the-country-c-1083202

Edited by simple1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

On the flipside though the aboriginals are attributed to 90% of new Toyota Landcruiser purchases, funded by the white government !!

Please find a reliable and well resourced link to this statement. Yes many do drive that vehicle as they are supplied through funding, (leasing agreements) to health corporations, land councils, and other schemes, Sometimes purchased as part of a salary packaging  (all legal), used for work, and then purchased outright at end of lease agreement.

The urban myth about governments purchasing vehicles for private individuals is just that , and has been disproved at senate inquiries, and other official investigations,  so I would like you validated source 

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, BonnieandClyde said:

Do big demos in Oz result in widespread looting?

Maybe they do and it's not just certain minorities who do it.

Not to my knowledge, in my lifetime during rallies and protests.

There have been isolated incidences following flooding events in some centres, but this is rare.

29 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

Perhaps they have done groups of 20 socially distanced, then further groups of 20 nicely spaced to remain with health regulations 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Only 3.0% ?

Shame white Australia shame.

LOL - most bought by 'white' suburban parents to ferry the kids to school

22 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Please find a reliable and well resourced link to this statement. Yes many do drive that vehicle as they are supplied through funding, (leasing agreements) to health corporations, land councils, and other schemes, Sometimes purchased as part of a salary packaging  (all legal), used for work, and then purchased outright at end of lease agreement.

The urban myth about governments purchasing vehicles for private individuals is just that , and has been disproved at senate inquiries, and other official investigations,  so I would like you validated source 

Nice long winded reply, Thanks.

Internet etiquette has a post in capitals as yelling and a post italics as sarcasm.

amusingly I was not far from the truth, Hey !!

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, simple1 said:

LOL - most bought by 'white' suburban parents to ferry the kids to school

they slumming it in Cruisers ?

I thought it was Euro SUV's these days.... poor brow beat tradie husbands cannot provide.

Tsk Tsk,no 2021 Jetski for them !!

Edited by Don Mega

10 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Nice long winded reply, Thanks.

Internet etiquette has a post in capitals as yelling and a post italics as sarcasm.

amusingly I was not far from the truth, Hey !!

Italics are not only for sarcasm but also using others quotes, 

I think  truth and reality mean little to you,

I have just viewed a news cast of the rallies across Australia, all which in capital and regional centres, were well attended.

The court decision in Sydney was overturned on an urgent appeal.

Police assisted the protesters by traffic control, handing out masks in some places. Aboriginal flags mounted on some police stations with consent, police in some places marched with the protesters. 

No looting or aggression.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The demos are still going ahead in Australia, whether they are banned or not.

Give the brain dead something to do, I suppose.....:coffee1:

Hope the Aus gov told them looters will be shot on site....That should reduce the numbers attending...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, transam said:

Hope the Aus gov told them looters will be shot on site....That should reduce the numbers attending...

Sorry to disappoint you, but looting is not usual at protests in Australia.

The court ruling for Sydney was overturned, all protests were peaceful and police in some instances marching with the participants, handing out masks, and doing traffic control.

They are not people who are brain dead, surprisingly it is about empathy, if you understand what that may be.

Perhaps this may be of assistance in giving some perspective

Police Violence in Australia

https://othersociologist.com/2020/05/31/police-violence-in-australia/

• Haha 1

Australians are protesting police targeting indigenous youths and their deaths in custody. As RJRS1301 says, the norm is peaceful protests in Oz.

Edited by Mayhem11
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

They are not taking us into custody in great numbers and when was the last time a farang was killed in custody?

Id say the death in custody of a Farang in Australia is zero.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Id say the death in custody of a Farang in Australia is zero.

It was only a few ago that NSW police shot dead a French backpacker with mental ill health at Bondi beach.

Similar for young Israeli man in Melbourne who died in custody from head injuries sustained on arrest

Good attempt at diversion though

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mayhem11 said:

Australians are protesting police targeting indigenous youths and their deaths in custody. As RJRS1301 says, the norm is peaceful protests in Oz.

but indigenous death's in custody is  lower than non indigenous.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

but indigenous death's in custody is  lower than non indigenous.

In raw numbers yes, but as the Aboriginal prison population is only 34%, therefore proportionately higher incidents.

All deaths including age related and health related are recorded in those raw numbers, the protest is about the high numbers of Aboriginals who have died through preventable causes, and brutality  towards Aboriginal people, in custody and the resulting deaths.

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, transam said:

its a legal protest. Peaceful. Police joining in. 

Yet you want to have it escalate.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Thanks for confirming.

I confirmed the raw number, now look at the proportions, and look at how more proportionately died from police/custodial actions. where as the majority of other deaths in custody of non Aboriginal were health /aged related not brutality.

Do not go with raw numbers, which mean sweet FA, unless interpreted well.

Basically if 65 % are non Aboriginal then will have higher a higher death rate, look at cause of death, look at incarceration rates, Take a deep dive into it

Objectivity helps

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Haha 1