Under review 30 days, late return.. Overstay..

Not sure how to tackle this.. I will go Monday for my non imm O marriage extension.. See no reason why it wont be granted +30 days under review.. 

I will not be able to make that date to return, its simply unavoidable that I will be 2 - 5 days late. This will put me into technical overstay however at this point in time, there is an amnesty until July 30th. 

Any suggestions on best way to tackle that other than simply wing it and apologise (claim self isolation issues) ?? I doubt asking for 40 days under review is likely to help my visa application processing !! 

I also assume this is going to be wildly officer dependant, but any feedback on how thats been treated in the past. In my extension application history one year it went to a second +30 under review, one year they appeared to totally lose my extension application (by wow was that second application 'easy' all those details they insist have to be so precise were suddenly a non issue, and the central approval came in a few days) but of course those were immigration's side, this one is going to be my side. 

I try to follow the rules as they demand, but I dont see a clean solution to this. 

3 minutes ago, Malawi said:

You would probably lose your extension and have to start again.

Maybe worth having a word with them.

that a bit of a wild guess, 

op could your wife not collect on the day you have to be somewhere else, reports on here of wife collecting

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, steve187 said:

no amnesty for yearly extensions, when does you present extension expire

I am on a 90 day that finishes 17th June. I could ride it out to July 31 and see what comes / visa run / whatevers possible. 

I will be leaving again in august and would prefer a 12 month extension but truly dont care much.. multi entry non imms are much easier for my lifestyle as I rarely spend 90 days at a stretch and given out still in europe. 

22 minutes ago, Malawi said:

You would probably lose your extension and have to start again.

Maybe worth having a word with them.

I doubt that personally.. I do expect a ticking off and maybe in normal times an overstay penalty.. Tho I wouldnt be on overstay in July as they are automatic. 

Its easy to say I had to self isolate for 14 days.. What am I supposed to do when government instructions are not to leave the house, due to recent travel. 

These are not normal times. Rules conflict with each other, which is why the amnesty is in place. 

5 minutes ago, PST said:

From what i have heard at Phuket, there is a delay at present of the 'under consideration period'. Whereas your stamp whilst being considered may give you a month, it may be 2 months before you will need to return to get your final stamp

Yeah its happened before, only 50/50 on if a second +30 would be used or I would be back out the country and reset the whole thing. 

This is basically why I dont bother with extensions, my travel is usually too high to get to the late part of a 90 day entry and wait another 30 days. 

47 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Not sure how to tackle this.. I will go Monday for my non imm O marriage extension.. See no reason why it wont be granted +30 days under review.. 

Are saying that you will be late applying for your extension. Your title and etc made me think you would be late going back on the after the underconsideration period.

No overstay fine will be charged since they are being waived under the amnesty. You technicly will be under the amnesty after your extension expires.

Just go in apply for your as soon as possible.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Are saying that you will be late applying for your extension. Your title and etc made me think you would be late going back on the after the underconsideration period.

No overstay fine will be charged since they are being waived under the amnesty. You technicly will be under the amnesty after your extension expires.

Just go in apply for your as soon as possible.

No I will be applying just fine (Mon 8th planned had to wait for money seasoning).. My entry expires June 17th so +30 to July 17th. I will be down south and hence late on the under consideration return date. I would prefer not to be, but I will be elsewhere in the country and simply cant (wont) change it. So depending on my travel back I will be (depending on how they do +30, likely 17th July) 3 days to Mon the 20th July before I can get there (remembering its closed sat / sun) so practically the business day after. 

I would happily go to another immigration office and buy a 7 day extension but none of that is reality with under consideration. 

11 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

I would happily go to another immigration office and buy a 7 day extension but none of that is reality with under consideration. 

There is good chance your application will not of been approved by the report back date.

The under consideration stamp to allows you to stay in the country until your application is approved. The report back date is just that.

Being a couple of days late is not a problem at most offices. You should call them to check to see if it has been completed.

If your wife had your passport she could go to immigration and get your stamp done.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is good chance your application will not of been approved by the report back date.

The under consideration stamp to allows you to stay in the country until your application is approved. The report back date is just that.

Being a couple of days late is not a problem at most offices. You should call them to check to see if it has been completed.

If your wife had your passport she could go to immigration and get your stamp done.

Thats encouraging to hear..

My wife will be with me..  I could however pay a lawyer / agent to go collect it ?? That is if its important enough to not be a couple of days late in collection. 

2 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

My wife will be with me..  I could however pay a lawyer / agent to go collect it ?? That is if its important enough to not be a couple of days late in collection. 

Paying somebody to do it would be a waste of money.

Just wait to see what the report back date is you get. Then ask them about the possiblity of being a couple of days late.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Following on from my previous post, i know of 2 people that have waited over 6 weeks to get their second stamp recently at Phuket. One of those cases was nearer 8 weeks. He was told there is a backlog, and probably slower postal services too back from Hat Yai or Songkhla where Phuket applications go to to be approved.

Livin Los, i am doing my marriage extension late next week also, if you could let me know how you go in general at Phuket i would appreciate it.

PST.

1 hour ago, PST said:

Livin Los, i am doing my marriage extension late next week also, if you could let me know how you go in general at Phuket i would appreciate it.

PST.

Hi.. Left Phuket 10 years ago now.. Am in Chiang Mai but can report what they say Monday. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PST said:

From what i have heard at Phuket, there is a delay at present of the 'under consideration period'. Whereas your stamp whilst being considered may give you a month, it may be 2 months before you will need to return to get your final stamp

In that case, you go on the "under consideration" date in your passport, and they stamp another "under consideration" for another 30-days.   Then you return again on that date, to get your final stamp, for the rest of the year's time.

Also be aware, that at some offices (including Chiang Wattana), you cannot touch the bank-money until you get your final stamp - so it is a trick to change the "2 months before application" rule into a 3 or 4 months bank-money requirement.  At those offices, you must present an updated bank-book, showing the 400K untouched, to get the final stamp.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

n that case, you go on the "under consideration" date in your passport, and they stamp another "under consideration" for another 30-days.   Then you return again on that date, to get your final stamp, for the rest of the year's time.

They do not do another under consideration stamp now.  They will just tell you to come back later. Been that way for a few years now.

• Like 1

As long as you have already applied and the applications or extension  is in with the Immigration, you cannot technically overstay as, even if the extension has been processed and is there waiting for your or you to turn up and be stamped with the additional time (11 months), it’s fine. Worst scenario is being stopped by immigration somewhere and then seeing that your passport hasn’t been stamped with the extension approval thus ‘looking’ like you have overstayed. A quick phone call to the local immigration by the officers would then sort that out and you’ll be fine. I have done this a couple of times as my visa extension is usually over the new year period and we’re often traveling for new year out of our home area at that time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

No I will be applying just fine (Mon 8th planned had to wait for money seasoning).. My entry expires June 17th so +30 to July 17th.

My extension is due 10th July, I applied Tuesday 2nd June (38 days early).

My under consideration stamp and report back date is 9th August.

30 days after my actual renewal date, just to confirm your facts.

Speak to Immigration, change your plans, or don't apply and take the automatic extension, but no guarantee of applying for the extension later.

I should add a friend in Yasathon, expired Non O, with (now) expired permission of stay didn't transfer his funds in time to season for a marriage extension.

Yasathon IO told him he was automatically extended until 31st July and to return before that date when his funds had seasoned - it wasn't a problem.

Edited by Tanoshi

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They do not do another under consideration stamp now.  They will just tell you to come back later. Been that way for a few years now.

Bummer.  That means if the police shake you down for "walking while farang" - as has happened to me twice - you don't have proof you are here legally.  In my expereience, the cops want to see everything - passport, work-permit, etc - which I was fortunately carrying. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Bummer.  That means if the police shake you down for "walking while farang" - as has happened to me twice - you don't have proof you are here legally.  In my expereience, the cops want to see everything - passport, work-permit, etc - which I was fortunately carrying. 

You can check online on progress of under consideration. So check daily and you have proof that yours is not ready yet.

8 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

I am on a 90 day that finishes 17th June. I could ride it out to July 31 and see what comes / visa run / whatevers possible. 

I will be leaving again in august and would prefer a 12 month extension but truly dont care much.. multi entry non imms are much easier for my lifestyle as I rarely spend 90 days at a stretch and given out still in europe. 

14 days quarantine where you land + 14 more when you come back , IF you can come back, might change your mind quickly about "not caring"

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

My extension is due 10th July, I applied Tuesday 2nd June (38 days early).

My under consideration stamp and report back date is 9th August.

30 days after my actual renewal date, just to confirm your facts.

My situation is virtually the same though I applied 30 days early so my report back date is for 60 days. As the report back date is the same as last year I doubt that I will bother to go in that early again, probably no more than 15 days early as I will be able to do my 90 day report in person at the same time.

In my office the 90 finishes on the extension date so going in too early means 3 trips to immigration as that report can not be done online, maybe not even by post though I don’t know about that.

NB this is about normal times, not now.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

14 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

14 days quarantine where you land + 14 more when you come back , IF you can come back, might change your mind quickly about "not caring"

I am fully aware.. Not flying.. But thanks for the unasked for answer. 

• Like 1

Remember that the report back date does not have to be exactly one month. The officer has the discretion to change this date. I have had my report back date extended by up to 2 weeks before now for various reasons. Try explaining the situation and asking the officer for a slightly later date. It can be done.

On 6/6/2020 at 3:49 PM, Bender Rodriguez said:

Quarantine is still in force from August?   Where was that confirmed?