Browsers

stouricks

Please move to PC & computer forum.

I have been an avid user of Google Chrome for more years than I care to remember. I know how it works and where to go for things. But I just got an update of Microsoft EDGE, which looks very nice, does exactly the same as Chrome, import bookmarks/favorites, extensions etc etc. Anyone please....what's the difference/advantage of one over the other?

I tried Brave, Mozilla, and now DuckDuckGo. Have they any advantages. I know D D Go says it does not collect any personal data, but after 20 years on Chrome, I think Google have got all my data already with not much more to go.

Have used both and returned to Chrome - maybe just used to Chrome but find it easier for my use - translation of Thai in Edge gave me "200" for the baht sign ฿ being the return point (change a price from about 377 to 200377).

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, topt said:

Me also and my guess is because Brave has built in to it, something we are not allowed to discuss, that should give a more enjoyable browsing experience on here - going on some of the complaints in the Support forum anyhow ????

OK. I had to "disable" one of the built-in features of Brave as it gave a terrible browsing experience on certain websites when using my desktop PC. I managed to achieve "my objectives" in another way. Unfortunately I couldn't do the same thing on the Brave android app, so I have to use another browser instead. I thought that was what was being implied but wanted confirmation. Thanks for the confirmation.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I had to "disable" one of the built-in features of Brave as it gave a terrible browsing experience on certain websites

Was this scripts by any chance?