Overstay in Taiwan

Not sure if this is the right place so please move if you want.

I was just reading the Taiwan Times and the Taiwanese Government just put out a bounty on overstayers.

Speaking in Taipei, the MOI also said a new reward system would be introduced with up to NT$ 20,000 payable to those reporting overstayers upon arrest.

Long a haven of overstayers and ‘visa-run’ expats who typically renew three month tourist visas with a quick trip to Hong Kong or elsewhere in Asia before returning to Taiwan to work illegally, the new system is being introduced as a three month amnesty on illegal overstayers comes to an end in late June.

Payments for those reporting overstayers will start at NT$ 2,000 for the detention of a single overstayer, NT$ 5,000 for between 4 and 6 overstayers and NT$ 10,000 should 7 – 9 overstayers be detained by authorities.

The maximum reward of NT$ 20,000 will only be paid out if 10 or more overstayers are arrested.

The exchange with the Thaibaht is almost 1-1.

Good friend is in Taichung Taiwan. Has been there for over 100 days. He is Aussie and a digital nomad. He got caught up with the ongoing Corona Beer Flue. He entered Taiwan on a 90 day visa and now the Taiwan government is giving him FREE 90 day extension. This will continue until their boarders are reopened.  He sent this photo June 4.

image.png.010d63789e34f2b49c006c196ea2eecb.png

On 6/6/2020 at 9:44 AM, Matzzon said:

Ok! Can only get one thing out of this topic. Don´t overstay in Taiwan.

On the other hand, you should not overstay your welcome in any country. That´s only the behaviour a total ar53.

I agree but there are so many people complaining about thai immigration and the way they go after overstayers i thought I would post this

30 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I agree but there are so many people complaining about thai immigration and the way they go after overstayers i thought I would post this

Ok, got you! It´s a good idea to show things as they are. Unfortunately that is falling for deaf ears in the community of posters in this forum. They are the entitled ones and they only see all the wrong things with Thailand, just because they can´t cry to mummy and get like they want.

You are right, though. Overstayers are chased down and get caught in almost every country. The reality as you show it, is also that many many countries have much harsher punishments for overstaying as well as promote their citizens to report the ones they know.

It´s just that getting through with the reality of the world is useless, when you just have a bunch of readers that lives in their own little bubble where they appoint themself as the ruler of the place they chose to stay.

Archived