BANGKOK
cyril sneer

Black Lives Matter protest in Bangkok, Sunday

Posted (edited)

Think twice before you answer! 

Think about all the tourist and expat death the years you have know Thailand, all the suspecious suicides so many of you guys cry about is not suicide, and what you have said about police effort to solve tourist and expat murders and crime against foreigners!

If black doesnt appeal to you, how about justice for all of us? 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I can in one minute recite a dozen of forgotten, disenfranchised and decimated groups of people around the world that their lives are in mortal danger as we speak, i don't see anyone protestation that their lives matter,

Please provide a list, and some evidence of that which you don't see - oh right, of course you can't.

Here are a few, off the top of my head.

Amazonian indigenous groups

Rohingyans

Palestinians

Aboriginal indigenous groups of Australia and Canada 

How can I name these groups so easily? Because they are frequently in the news, due to their being 'disenfranchised and decimated' by people in power. You imagine nobody cares, but maybe that's just you.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

Please provide a list, and some evidence of that which you don't see - oh right, of course you can't.

Here are a few, off the top of my head.

Amazonian indigenous groups

Rohingyans

Palestinians

Aboriginal indigenous groups of Australia and Canada 

How can I name these groups so easily? Because they are frequently in the news, due to their being 'disenfranchised and decimated' by people in power. You imagine nobody cares, but maybe that's just you.

It unfortunately does not fit these peoples Agenda for the perceived ills of the folks living in the USA.  They go back 400 years to keep the playbook going.  But then if that is the case, and we are talking about long time disenfranchising then maybe The Mongolian people/China should be held accountable for the destruction and chaos and enslavement by Genghis Kahn, or the EU for the slavery used, or the disenfranchising of religious groups, or well the list can be expanded.  Maybe even hold the Spaniards responsible for Christopher Columbus's treatment of the indigenous peoples.....Holy mackerel, this could goon forever.  The world is not a perfect place and never will be.....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My impression is that its illegal for foreigners to publicly protest in Thailand. 

So for any foreigners that are feeling this I suggest that you explore other ways to show your support which are available to you from Thailand. They do exist. 

For Thais I would think they would have many more locally compelling issues to express dissent about, yeah? 

I can understand these BLM events in places like the UK but this really doesn't make any sense to me in Thailand. 

To be clear, I am hoping that now is finally the time that the USA addresses its original sin of structural racism towards black people. Maybe. Just maybe. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

Being black in Thailand is like being a Jew in Nazi Germany.

If any black people can actually make it to the protest without being searched and followed every few minutes I wish them good luck.

Edited by johnray
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Should be well attended   lol

• Haha 1