Black Lives Matter protest in Bangkok, Sunday

Think twice before you answer! 

Think about all the tourist and expat death the years you have know Thailand, all the suspecious suicides so many of you guys cry about is not suicide, and what you have said about police effort to solve tourist and expat murders and crime against foreigners!

If black doesnt appeal to you, how about justice for all of us? 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I can in one minute recite a dozen of forgotten, disenfranchised and decimated groups of people around the world that their lives are in mortal danger as we speak, i don't see anyone protestation that their lives matter,

Please provide a list, and some evidence of that which you don't see - oh right, of course you can't.

Here are a few, off the top of my head.

Amazonian indigenous groups

Rohingyans

Palestinians

Aboriginal indigenous groups of Australia and Canada 

How can I name these groups so easily? Because they are frequently in the news, due to their being 'disenfranchised and decimated' by people in power. You imagine nobody cares, but maybe that's just you.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

Please provide a list, and some evidence of that which you don't see - oh right, of course you can't.

Here are a few, off the top of my head.

Amazonian indigenous groups

Rohingyans

Palestinians

Aboriginal indigenous groups of Australia and Canada 

How can I name these groups so easily? Because they are frequently in the news, due to their being 'disenfranchised and decimated' by people in power. You imagine nobody cares, but maybe that's just you.

It unfortunately does not fit these peoples Agenda for the perceived ills of the folks living in the USA.  They go back 400 years to keep the playbook going.  But then if that is the case, and we are talking about long time disenfranchising then maybe The Mongolian people/China should be held accountable for the destruction and chaos and enslavement by Genghis Kahn, or the EU for the slavery used, or the disenfranchising of religious groups, or well the list can be expanded.  Maybe even hold the Spaniards responsible for Christopher Columbus's treatment of the indigenous peoples.....Holy mackerel, this could goon forever.  The world is not a perfect place and never will be.....

• Like 1

My impression is that its illegal for foreigners to publicly protest in Thailand. 

So for any foreigners that are feeling this I suggest that you explore other ways to show your support which are available to you from Thailand. They do exist. 

For Thais I would think they would have many more locally compelling issues to express dissent about, yeah? 

I can understand these BLM events in places like the UK but this really doesn't make any sense to me in Thailand. 

To be clear, I am hoping that now is finally the time that the USA addresses its original sin of structural racism towards black people. Maybe. Just maybe. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Being black in Thailand is like being a Jew in Nazi Germany.

If any black people can actually make it to the protest without being searched and followed every few minutes I wish them good luck.

Edited by johnray
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

Think twice before you answer! 

Think about all the tourist and expat death the years you have know Thailand, all the suspecious suicides so many of you guys cry about is not suicide, and what you have said about police effort to solve tourist and expat murders and crime against foreigners!

If black doesnt appeal to you, how about justice for all of us? 

In other words, ALL lives matter. It's a fantasy. Humans are not and never have been born equal. People who live in the United States don't understand true poverty. The land of the spoiled.

It has never changed - you must always choose your parents wisely.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The world is not a perfect place and never will be.....

And your point is? Nazis are only human? Make Slavery Great Again?

Being white and privileged I can comfortably and easily brush off racism and repression of minorities, but I don't. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

people in the UK saying "<deleted> the police" at the UK police for something the police in America have done.

Urr, not exactly.

Marcia Rigg's brother Sean Rigg lost his life in the UK, after an encounter with British police saw him restrained in a prone position for seven minutes. For her, the parallels with George Floyd's death are painful to note, but they serve to re-ignite her fight to shed light on police aggression on home soil.

https://www.elle.com/uk/life-and-culture/a32742001/marcia-rigg-anti-racism/

Edited by teatime101
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

As a Farang I would be keeping well away from any public gathering, is it not illegal anyway? Cant see Thai's really giving a flying F about BLM 

The youth in Thailand have a far higher degree of consciousness, are more aware, and seem to care more, than the generation that came before them. That is nothing but a good thing. And it gives me hope about the future of the nation. I think for the vast majority here, the hapless and toxic army gives people nothing but a sense of utter hopelessness. Since all gatherings are illegal, it matters little. Since there is no covid, there is no contagion. And since the army has no moral authority, why obey them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sundown said:

BLM has nothing to do with the (mythological) discrimination of blacks by police, it is just a way of the American Dems to subvert Trump's government, people around the world supporting this are ignorant fools. I don't believe someone will protest in Bangkok but if that happens I hope they get all arrested.

No. You're 100 percent wrong. This movement existed way before 45 was elected. An African American president didn't even begin to solve the original American sin of systemic racism against black people. There is no quick fix but the breadth and visibility of this current manifestation is encouraging that action may actually begin to happen. 

This movement is not anarchy. It could push America to be a better nation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/this-movement-is-not-anarchy-it-could-push-america-to-be-a-better-nation/2020/06/05/e2ec40aa-a72a-11ea-b619-3f9133bbb482_story.html

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

do they mean:  black skinned thais matter?  better invest time in that...

if it is the regular kind: better but a thai "smartcar" and check their visa's 

Good question. My impression is that it's about relating to the struggle in the USA. If so, I would suggest Thai people look closer to home. 

• Like 1

Nothing but "me too"ism to the extreme .

Sure go stand in the sun awhile if you like.

Results, nothing very lasting

well, maybe your sunburn.

It is 70% political ploy, 30% I want some of your money ploy.

Change, very unlikely . Folks get bored quickly.

Bu**hurt feelings, yeah they last a life time on all sides.

As Roseann Rose-Annadanna's uncle said, "It is always something".

The world is going to get better, who the hell told you that.

Science is getting better, but people , no way, no how.

Look go make your bed, cook some dinner, and maybe wash the car

at the end of the day you have accomplished something.

Edited by PatchinExPat
misspelling
  • Sad 1