Jump to content

Handicapped foreigner conned out of ten million baht by sweet talking Thai woman


Recommended Posts

This handicapped guy was certainly extremely niave an if he did not get the car in his 

name he was a fool, if he did not come to Thailand and live in the house that

he paid for, he is a fool.   If he bought her expensive jewelry  well it is gone.

  He could have checked around locally to see if she was single or married, and 

if he asked enough people he may have found out the truth. I do hope he can

recover enough to get himself in better health, and can get help from his family and friends

enough to maybe go back to his home country, if that is what he desires. Sad story.

Geezer

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While this crime victim has no doubt acted very foolishly, I am not ready to disrespect him. Scam artists can be remarkably skilled. We all have human weaknesses and some people are masters at exploit

If you have a lot of money,never let them know,act as a cheap Charlie,that's a sure way to sort the wheat from  the chaff. regards Worgeordie  

idiot

Posted Images

23 hours ago, DeaconJohn said:

Only in Thailand could this happen...

but stories like this provide ongoing entertainment for the rest of us.

You're wrong. This doesn't just happen in Thailand. You think this doesn't happen in the Philippines, Cambodia, Nam, Latin American countries? There are suckers everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nickstav said:

You're wrong. This doesn't just happen in Thailand. You think this doesn't happen in the Philippines, Cambodia, Nam, Latin American countries? There are suckers everywhere.

Actually everywhere includes our home countries - how many readers have the - d i v o r c e - to prove it?  And it is not just one gender.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually everywhere includes our home countries - how many readers have the - d i v o r c e - to prove it?  And it is not just one gender.  

Yes it has happened to a lot of us,and some of those are quiet now.

After my divorce(luckily a long time ago)i was able to recover both financially and mentally.

Well not so sure about the last one.

I made up my own proverb and i think it is good enough to learn at a young age

Here we go;'you never truly get to know a woman until you meet her in court'

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Yes mate, amazing how many expats believe that vehicles have to be registered in wifes name.

I have vehicles registered in my name here.

Usually I hear   my wife called Immigration and they told her it must be in her name. 😆😆

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, overherebc said:

Usually I hear   my wife called Immigration and they told her it must be in her name. 😆😆

Just over 5 years ago, my wife was yakking on,  i want a new motorbike.

She helped my in the pickup, off we went to town, first Honda dealer, farang cannot.

Second Honda dealer, no problem, now as i could not get out of the pickup without help, sales manager came to me, could clearly see i was disabled, no problem, copy of passport, sign here, i gave him the cash, wifes cousin drove the pickup home, wife rode the new bike.

Same with the new pickup.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Just over 5 years ago, my wife was yakking on,  i want a new motorbike.

She helped my in the pickup, off we went to town, first Honda dealer, farang cannot.

Second Honda dealer, no problem, now as i could not get out of the pickup without help, sales manager came to me, could clearly see i was disabled, no problem, copy of passport, sign here, i gave him the cash, wifes cousin drove the pickup home, wife rode the new bike.

Same with the new pickup.

No residency certificate ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

No residency certificate ?

Sorry my mistake, yellow book was also required.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, jvs said:

Yes it has happened to a lot of us,and some of those are quiet now.

After my divorce(luckily a long time ago)i was able to recover both financially and mentally.

Well not so sure about the last one.

I made up my own proverb and i think it is good enough to learn at a young age

Here we go;'you never truly get to know a woman until you meet her in court'

I would modify that slightly to, " her first meeting with her lawyer" 

Edited by Artisi
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Just over 5 years ago, my wife was yakking on,  i want a new motorbike.

She helped my in the pickup, off we went to town, first Honda dealer, farang cannot.

Second Honda dealer, no problem, now as i could not get out of the pickup without help, sales manager came to me, could clearly see i was disabled, no problem, copy of passport, sign here, i gave him the cash, wifes cousin drove the pickup home, wife rode the new bike.

Same with the new pickup.

I guess we all carry a sightly differing approach to life. I take great pleasure in seeing my wife and kids enjoy buying things, my wife having the pleasure of managing the building our modest home, buying a bit of land, my son and wife buying cattle, spending on a new cow shed, Daughter having her new motorcycle to travel to school. A new phone here and there. Never had the means to spend millions, maybe that is my good fortune 😀 maybe not so smart just not so much to give 😀

 

I have no craving for ownership, my security is that I have always survived what ever life has thrown at me, and always will. Means I have no issues with the fact our home is on land kindly donated by my mother in law. Means I can gratefully accept her generosity in the spirit it was given. No insulting self protecting usufruct rubbish, and of course an economic plus.

I do not need to die rich or with multiple possessions, and I surely will not, my life is easy and uncomplicated.

So perhaps no different from the op in that I enjoy giving providing for my family, my return is the enjoyment, happiness and future I work to create along with my wife and Thai family.

Long may it continue 😀

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Maybe she was just a good <deleted>. 

I grant her that. So, 2,000 baht seems like a fair amount to invest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Solidpoo said:

Spot on.. women's rights was a mistake imo

And it is not even a question of that. My woman leads a very good life, and she is deeply respected and cherished. But, here in Thailand it is possible to retain your manhood, and continue being a man. And many emotionally healthy women here really enjoy manifesting all of the dignity, grace and beauty within femininity, that so many of us find so appealing, and are so sorely lacking in their Western counterparts. So, it is not about repressing a woman, as much as allowing her to be the woman she already is, and allowing her to enjoy being a real woman, while you enjoy being a real man. That is the definition of a healthy relationship, from my point of view. It was drummed out of alot of us in the West, by women who are utterly desperate for control, and scared to death of their own femininity. Coming here is largely about unlearning bad habits, and starting fresh, in an environment that rewards us for being real men. 

 

Every ship needs a captain, and I find most Thai women really appreciate a strong man, and really disrespect a weak man, who cannot makes decisions. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...