Hua Hin: Filthy restaurant closed down after complaints about overcharging on Facebook

29 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Thank you. My wife's restaurant has had  such a sign legitimately  for 7 years.  Last Health Department check was 6 days ago.

Oh. It is also "up country".

But I do agree  many places including Bangkok fall very short of  hygiene standards that should be considered  a minimum.

Then again I will never forget the gross condition of toilets in M.cDonalds outlets in Italy !

And legend has it the Romans invented plumbing !

You come to Italy to eat Mc Donald’s. Your choice.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

You come to Italy to eat Mc Donald’s. Your choice.

Actually  no. I  went to several Mc Donalds specifically  because I had been informed that they had toilet facilities which are otherwise very difficult to find for the public.

I never ate in any of them which considering the state of the facilities for customers was probably wise.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

so your only feelings for MacDonalds is for their toilet

Hmm. Well the feelings of revulsion for the Italian toilets did  not assist in any way  to convince me the food is any better than that which  was sometimes  near ankle deep on the floor.

While I  must confess I was in sense  abusing  the right as a false customer on those occasions despite the trauma versus that of  filling  my pants I have no problem in  adding that  the food from that franchise for  me is an abomination once sampled has never again in 45 years!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Hmm. Well the feelings of revulsion for the Italian toilets did  not assist in any way  to convince me the food is any better than that which  was sometimes  near ankle deep on the floor.

While I  must confess I was in sense  abusing  the right as a false customer on those occasions despite the trauma versus that of  filling  my pants I have no problem in  adding that  the food from that franchise for  me is an abomination once sampled has never again in 45 years!

Italy produces some excellent food. One of my favourites is a lively sheep cream cheese called Casu Marzu.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

This is what was actually reported in the OP...

"They were ordered shut for five days from today until the 10th of June to get their act together".

So you would be happy to eat there after the 5 day shutdown?

Certainly dont think so, but then again you are probably used to places like that, greasy spoons on Scotland road.:cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, colinneil said:
On 6/6/2020 at 2:13 PM, Bob A Kneale said:

This is what was actually reported in the OP...

"They were ordered shut for five days from today until the 10th of June to get their act together".

So you would be happy to eat there after the 5 day shutdown?

Certainly dont think so, but then again you are probably used to places like that, greasy spoons on Scotland road.

If the restaurant passes an inspection after the five-day shutdown, yes, I would.

Scotland Road?   I've never heard of a decent greasy-spoon café on Scottie Road and I doubt that you have either as they're almost exclusively found on, or near, the dock road, a place I used to patronise frequently for those cafés and the pubs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bob A Kneale said:

If the restaurant passes an inspection after the five-day shutdown, yes, I would.

Scotland Road?   I've never heard of a decent greasy-spoon café on Scottie Road and I doubt that you have either as they're almost exclusively found on, or near, the dock road, a place I used to patronise frequently for those cafés and the pubs.

I always used to stop at a good greasy spoon at Scotch Corner.

• Like 2

Again you are talking nonsense, spent many hours in a greasy spoon on Scotland road, back in the 70s.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

I always used to stop at a good greasy spoon at Scotch Corner.

Too far from Liverpool for lunch.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 1:09 PM, Jane Dough said:

The story reminded me a lot of the Health Inspector episode in Fawlty Towers.

Chef Terry's comments were priceless....not to worry Mr Fawlty, soon have that sorted!!

Rooster

Yes, a Classic !! also his other throwaway line from the same episode......."the dirtier the kitchen, the better the food"

On 6/6/2020 at 2:20 AM, time2093 said:

Nothing new as I recall reading several stories over the years of seafood restaurants in Hua hin being notorious for overcharging and ripping off their costumers.

Yes, has been going on for years!! We got overcharged in Cha am once back around 2006/7. My brother in law took everyone out to a seafood place in Cha am and when the bill came is was 5000B should have been 1500 max 2000. He argued with the owner and ended up paying 4K, I was just glad the Falang didnt have to pay!!

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 12:21 AM, rooster59 said:

Filthy restaurant closed down after complaints about overcharging on Facebook

Slight error in the title.  It was closed because of the filth that was found.  Pity that the health authorities do not introduce the standards of either the UK or Ontario.  Nearly everyplace would be closed and when reinspected may even remain closed - permanently.  Then the owner would have a new "owner" take over or open another restaurant in another location.

'nuf sed.

In a mall in Shanghai China the only toilet/restroom was in the McDonald's. There was feces in the floor & pee. Pretty much the same filth in bathrooms in Italy. Only MX could rival these two countries. As far as Isan I believe almost every restaurant is filthy as well - of course - the bathrooms.

On 6/8/2020 at 6:24 PM, wotsdermatter said:

Slight error in the title.  It was closed because of the filth that was found.  Pity that the health authorities do not introduce the standards of either the UK or Ontario.  Nearly everyplace would be closed and when reinspected may even remain closed - permanently.  Then the owner would have a new "owner" take over or open another restaurant in another location.

'nuf sed.

I dont understand guys like you.  You come to Thailand but then when your not happy about something you want to change Thailand to how things are back in your home county! 

If you dont think it's clean dont eat there.   

I can tell you from years of working in food packaging and processing plants world wide allot of them are not that clean, even in Canada.  

On 6/16/2020 at 10:42 AM, ericthai said:

I dont understand guys like you.  You come to Thailand but then when your not happy about something you want to change Thailand to how things are back in your home county! 

If you dont think it's clean dont eat there.   

Should you happen to re-read and read correctly my posting never suggested that I had a complaint regarding anything.  That was from another poster.  So, before putting digits to keyboard I suggest you retake some English reading classes preferably from English Elementary School level 101, which you obviously failed from non-comprehension of the exam questions.

By the way I am, an erstwhile chef with more than 60 years experience in countries around the world, including Thailand and I am writing this from Canada.

'nuf sed.

On 6/18/2020 at 12:00 AM, wotsdermatter said:

Should you happen to re-read and read correctly my posting never suggested that I had a complaint regarding anything.  That was from another poster.  So, before putting digits to keyboard I suggest you retake some English reading classes preferably from English Elementary School level 101, which you obviously failed from non-comprehension of the exam questions.

By the way I am, an erstwhile chef with more than 60 years experience in countries around the world, including Thailand and I am writing this from Canada.

'nuf sed.

OK Mr. Nuf Sed...