Pattaya beer bar owners beg the government to let them open

rooster59

What can be really done with this nightlife business? Social distancing doesn't seem to be possible. Wearing masks will not be possible. And before the restrictions we had Corona already. At least what I saw here in Pattaya nobody cared. Perhaps the best would be to allow the nightlife after 6 in the afternoon and start the curfew at 5 in the afternoon.... ???? I am afraid the other option would be to ignore Corona and hope the best. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This picture looks like a Farang type bar with Bar Girls probably making up the majority of staff. Too early to let these places open. However,  for Pubs solely in business for selling alcohol and food without the Bar Girls slavering about, they should be allowed to open. One thing is clear the Junta have an agenda to closed Tourist sex bars.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

????

Right... beer bars whit girls entertaining the guys. I bet no social distancing and no masks and its safer then a supermarket. Especially with girls being close to multiple guys during the day. Seems to me a high risk factor. If it is only a beer bar no girls then sure you might be right. 

hahhahahaha, have done a few snow cones.

always wondered if the other fella wondered the taste.

1 hour ago, Deez said:

Nobody is asking you to go out. People are asking to support their families. How do you suggest they do that while we wait until people like you think it is safe? BTS is packed, markets are packed, Makro is packed, 7-11 is packed. Should they all be closed as well until you feel comfortable with the numbers?  

Shoppers in my city all wear masks in Makro, Big C, Robinson etc. There is also a requirement to sign or scan in and out. Temperature is checked before you can get in. This is still the sensible route. Give these Bars with Bar Girls an inch and they'll take a mile. Of course it needs an infected person to pass it on. If anyone thinks that Thailand is Covid free apart from the Thai coming back from overseas they are delusional. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And who pays the mortgages from those "greedy Thai landlords"?

Or do the landlords just tell the banks they won't pay and the banks should ignore this?

Obviously some landlords have no mortgages and could afford it. And some beer bar owners could also afford it.

But obviously it's always so much easier to blame the others.

In some some countries people don't have to pay mortgages to the banks at the moment. Don't know to what extend but I know for sure it applies to personal home mortgages. Banks and govts probably has a plan to pick up those losses later on but  for now at least its a relief for those who needs it

I'm not talking Thailand only now but imo majority of people in governments serve and think of themselves first and many only think of themselves.

Don't even want to get started on banks and insurance companies forking crooks, I have more respect for roaches

Stay safe out there

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

There's only one reason to keep things closed and that's because the disease is still spreading.

Either they open it all up or they're caught in the lie.

They don't know because they can do only limited testing.