BANGKOK
rooster59

Pattaya beer bar owners beg the government to let them open

6 hours ago, stubby52 said:

It seems to be a world wide hysteria governed by the NWO,open them up one of the reasons i came to Thailand was to escape stupid rules and regulations shoved down our throats in the west they can stick the "new normal" up their <deleted>!!

Right, scientists and doctors are making this all up.  Like climate change and cancer from cigarettes, it's all just lies invented to keep you from enjoying yourself.   Maybe protecting people from this pandemic is more important than your desire to drink in a club.  You have the luxury perhaps of not knowing any vulnerable people, or maybe you just don't care if they die, I don't know.  But this is no time for denialism.  The earth is round, the CIA lies, and this is a global pandemic.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Your scenario is flawed in that week 2 no bars will have 100 patrons.

Just sayin.

OK, but you concede that the infection will spread if we open the bars, and that's the main point.  Thanks!  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, petermik said:

Not really...have you ever traveled on the BTS in Bangkok...:unsure:

Yes, and good point, but I avoid the BTS during the pandemic.  I have the luxury of not needing it as I use a motorbike.  

The difference between the BTS and the bars is

A) They don't sell alcohol on the BTS

B) A girl won't sit on your lap and make out with you on the BTS

C) you don't need bars to get to work and feed your family. 

So while riding the BTS is also risky, the risk is lower because of the points above in my opinion and those of the policy makers in Thailand, who are managing things very well as evidenced by the very low infection rate in LOS.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, petermik said:

But the infection hasn,t spread by folks using the MRT or BTS in Bangkok where at times they are packed in like sardines....go figure :sad:

Crowds is not the only factor.  Alcohol is the other critical element.  Go figure.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, tomauasia said:

The army are at war against Pattaya simple

At war with their Culture Minister? Really?

The pimps are up in arms. Disgusting spreaders of disease and I don't mean just COVID-19.

Many of the mind that they should be able to do anything they want, as long as it produces cash.

That in turn encourages the corruption about which they complain.

As an aside, I notice that some of the brothels ARE open. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Mr Billy no Mates......or is it Mr Cheerful Charlie....have a nice day now :thumbsup:

Maybe he has real mates, so doesn't need to sit in a bar with paid-for ones.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 6/6/2020 at 1:01 PM, robblok said:

I find it strange how people somehow can comment on the Thai government not doing enough tests and thinking there are transmissions but hidden and that figures dont add up. However when it suits them they believe the government that there are no local corvid transmissions if it helps their case.

IMHO corvid is still out there just not found by testing and opening bars and forgetting social distancing will start a second wave. 

So either you believe the goverment that there is no corvid out there and we should open it all up forget about all measures and return to our previous lives or you believe (like i do) that its still out there but that the government just does not find it because of lack of testing and opening up would be a problem.

I too want to go back to pre corvid but I think its still too early. 

I'm quite content as thing are at the moment .Where will Thais get the money from to drink in these bars when 7/11 is available.