Pattaya beer bar owners beg the government to let them open

rooster59

7 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Never is, just tell them you love them and want to marry them. They'll be desperate to have your baby. I just forget to inform them that I had the snip many years ago.

I tell them I can't finish with condom, works most of the time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oldie said:

You should inform the government and tell them that you are a very efficient test tool. Perhaps you could start a great career here. ????

If I was asked to be a volunteer for the Oxford vaccine trial, I'd jump at the chance. Oxford have said that the first 30 million doses would be for British citizens. When its released, I'm on the next plane home.

If you have been to the food markets, Chatuchak market, ridden on the skytrain at rush hour in the last month you would know that it is not really 
 "out there"

Testing reliability in the first 10 days of having the virus is basically a waste of time, as

they have found out at the Quarantine stations.

I would suggest opening bars up & admitting customers that have been in Thailand one month                 & as I have said & "suck it & see" long before opening up the borders & International Flights

14 minutes ago, natway09 said:

I would suggest opening bars up & admitting customers that have been in Thailand one month                 & as I have said & "suck it & see" long before opening up the borders & International Flights

We've all been here way over a month. hasn't been a single case in Pattaya for 2 months.

Get on with it, I haven't had a drink for 3 months now. Open up the bar, mine's a large JD on the rocks.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Many of their customers are close to begging the government to let them reopen too. With no local transmissions in a couple of weeks now, there is essentially no one out there right now for people to catch covid from, so further continued closure makes very little sense. They have zero chance of getting tourists in all the time this continues and now would seem the perfect time to allow them to open so the situation can be assessed and protocol addressed before people come back in numbers.

There are a lot of people employed by these places who need to get back to earning a living.

No, nonsense! 

If you open too early and there would be some new cases, there would be no customers at all anymore. 

Also if you are self employed you take risks of less income. 

Save in good times.....! 

Thailand acts not as stupid in UK or US. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

Obviously you don't know very well Pattaya

most of the landlords here are very wealthy families

who own a lot of land and buildings, often by inheritance

they don't have any mortgages at all

How do you know that that is the case for "most"? How many do you know?

I am sure those rich families exist. But I am also sure some are not so rich.

I know a bar owner in Bangkok who does not pay any rent in the moment. Good luck for him. But others still pay at least a big part or even 100%. It depends - as usual. 

5 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

There are still a number of tourists trapped here as well as regular expats who live in Pattaya who would be customers. Also expats from other areas of Thailand and Bangkokians who could come down for a beer.

How many expats go to these beer bars ?

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How do you know that that is the case for "most"? How many do you know?

I am sure those rich families exist. But I am also sure some are not so rich.

I know a bar owner in Bangkok who does not pay any rent in the moment. Good luck for him. But others still pay at least a big part or even 100%. It depends - as usual. 

The majority of the commercial tenants here (and in the US too, me being one of them) are getting no breaks in their rent. None. Payment deferrals maybe. If you want to dig a really deep hole. The previous post about the rich landlord presumption for bar owners was light years beyond inane. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I'm afraid its a fact in Pattaya. Nearly all bar owners are tenants and the majority are tenants of a select number of Thai Chin families. They're brutal.

It's all demand and supply, when 50% of bars close eventually the rents will come down

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

Do you really think the virus can pass only by a bar girl?

If it's a girl working in a massage shop, a freelancer on Thailfriendly

or even a cashier in Big C, they are safe? (And you are safe also)

seriously...

Yes, after 47 days with no one having C-19 in Chonburi province, we are safe. 

Though I still wear a mask as it is "mandatory" most everywhere other than restaurants

• Like 2