Thailand reports two new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

rooster59

Thailand reports two new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

s2.reutersmedia.jpg.5b3828995f55f2658bd4270544093502.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Reuters

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand on Saturday reported two new coronavirus cases and no new deaths, taking its total confirmed cases to 3,104 infections and 58 deaths since the outbreak began in January.

The two cases are men who returned from Russia and Kuwait and are in quarantine, where most of Thailand's recent cases have been detected, said Panprapa Yongtrakul, an assistant spokeswoman for the government's COVID-19 Administration Centre.

There are 2,971 patients who have recovered.

(Reporting by Orathai Sriring; Editing by Kay Johnson.)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-06-05

Why even bother telling it was a returnee who was in quarantine already.  I just take it with a grain of salt that all returnees who are in quarantine have been exposed and either are asymptomatic or will be infected sometime during the 14 days....

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why even bother telling it was a returnee who was in quarantine already.  I just take it with a grain of salt that all returnees who are in quarantine have been exposed and either are asymptomatic or will be infected sometime during the 14 days....

...and, no need to test anyone in the rest of the country who isn't in quarantine at this point since there aren't any people infected who aren't in quarantine. 

Also, now queue the trolls to deride us since at least one of us has posted something that wasn't a glowing celebration of the success against Covid 19 here. 

Edited by JCP108
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Considering there are upwards of 400 returnees per day the figures are still low. IIRC they upped the allowable amount of returnees per day from 400 to 500 last week.

• Like 1

This is from the Pattaya News:

"A significant number of the recent repatriated nationals from Kuwait have tested positive in the past week, according to the CCSA. The majority are migrant workers who live in tightly packed conditions and have close contact with each other."

My gosh, but it's a good job that migrant workers in Thailand don't live in tightly packed conditions having close contact with each other, or we might be in trouble!

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I hope we can go soon, and my only question would be, what would our return requirements be in able to return to Thailand.......

You just wait untill borders open for western tourist again unless you have a wp and just take 14 qurantine. I wont use any of those options, i leave for sanity, not the opposite.

45 minutes ago, OnTheRun said:

Considering there are upwards of 400 returnees per day the figures are still low. IIRC they upped the allowable amount of returnees per day from 400 to 500 last week.

If 500 Thais are returning every day and each is tested twice (as has been stated here a few times in the past few days), then each day Thailand would need to run 1,000 tests, right? There would be 500 new tests each day as the first round for new returnees and 500 for some who got here a few days ago and are ready to get their second test. 

Does Thailand have the capacity to run 1,000 tests per day through their two reference labs (which are the only ones that count)?

If those labs can run more than 1,000/day, then it would be the leftover capacity for the rest of the country. So, for example, if the two labs' total capacity is 1,500 and 1,000 is taken up for these returning Thais, there would be 500 tests/day left over for the rest of the country. I think someone in here has stated the total capacity of the two reference labs. But, I forget.

Edited by JCP108
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

you mean temperature taken

That's what I thought. Multiple people in here are asserting that they are given an actual test twice. I have yet to see an official source to clarify. Skeptical. 

Per BP  5 JUN 2020 AT 12:56 (not direct quote):

The first test on May 26 was negative ... the second test  ... showed positive. then admitted in Bangkok to a hospital ...
Dr Taweesilp said that quarantined returnees are tested twice: three to five days after being quarantined for the first and then the second just before their release for take two.

Edited by SkyFax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and again, as for week after week, no new cases in the general population.

why isnt anyone in the government realizing this

is it just to get the population to become used to complying with whatever the government says irrespective of reality?

1 hour ago, poskat said:

and again, as for week after week, no new cases in the general population.

is it just to get the population to become used to complying with whatever the government says irrespective of reality?

"and again, as for week after week, no" reports of "new cases in the general population.

is it just to get the population to become used to complying with whatever the government says irrespective of reality?"

Thought I'd offer one small change.

And, yes. You are probably correct.

Edited by JCP108

3 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

"and again, as for week after week, no" reports of "new cases in the general population.

is it just to get the population to become used to complying with whatever the government says irrespective of reality?"

Thought I'd offer one small change.

And, yes. You are probably correct.

And again no news about any testing for the PUI folks, or better yet general population.....I know, Sorry, I was not going to bring up old issues such as a lack of testing, but then my inside words came out....

• Like 1