Beach Recommendations

Neeranam

Are there any nice, quiet beaches open at the moment? I'm looking for a good, family hotel with a good internet connection as I work online and my kids study online at the moment.

I wonder if the hotels' swimming pools are closed?

Thanks! 

27 minutes ago, thainet said:

ditto on this...was there last week. they have different types of rooms inc breakfast.

great for kids as you can watch them in the pool and beach from your seaside facing room.

Food is decent also.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, thainet said:

great for kids as you can watch them in the pool and beach from your seaside facing room.

Food is decent also.

Sound good. Shame the kids have to study online! Actually, they are teenagers so don't need much watching, unless there are boys around!

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Thanks for the replies. I expect the prices to be much lower than normal?

My wife seems ken to go to Jantaburi.

Your wife knows a thing or two then. I live on Koh Mak, an hour from Chantaburi, but much nearer to there is Laem Sing, greatly favoured by Thais and hardly known about by foreign toursts. And of course Chantaburi province is a hidden gem of hills, rivers and lakes.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Your wife knows a thing or two then. I live on Koh Mak, an hour from Chantaburi, but much nearer to there is Laem Sing, greatly favoured by Thais and hardly known about by foreign toursts. And of course Chantaburi province is a hidden gem of hills, rivers and lakes.

Ditto on Laem Sing also. I have a small holiday house just back from the main beach road. Everything you need and yes quiet during the week. Just google around that area for a hotel/resort that fits your needs. Probably another 1 1/2 driving from Bang Chang area.

Edited by thainet

8 hours ago, GBW said:

Khoa Lak is very nice.

Khao Lak is certainly not in Eastern Thailand :whistling:

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

Your wife knows a thing or two then. I live on Koh Mak, an hour from Chantaburi, but much nearer to there is Laem Sing, greatly favoured by Thais and hardly known about by foreign tourists. //

I think that when she said Chanthaburi she in fact meant Laem Sing, as it's the sea side of Chanthaburi, this city not being near the sea. Nice area.

BTW, but maybe for another thread, how is it @bradiston to live on such a small island ?

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

I think that when she said Chanthaburi she in fact meant Laem Sing, as it's the sea side of Chanthaburi, this city not being near the sea. Nice area.

I think Chantaburi is a province.

You are asking a lot of questions and you are getting a lot of different answers.

So if you don't mind, my idea would be to tell us if you are driving, how long you want the drive to be, and where from. How many days you want to stay and what is your budget, when you are planning on going, plus any other pertinent info.

Then people can give you proper info.

Edited by thainet
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Thanks for the replies. I expect the prices to be much lower than normal?

My wife seems ken to go to Jantaburi.

Every beach is quiet at the moment. I guess you know the reason. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, thainet said:

You are asking a lot of questions and you are getting a lot of different answers.

So if you don't mind, my idea would be to tell us if you are driving, how long you want the drive to be, and where from. How many days you want to stay and what is your budget, when you are planning on going, plus any other pertinent info.

Then people can give you proper info.

I am driving from Khon Kaen with wife, two kids and a baby gliding squirrel thing.

I want to stay about 5 days, maybe 7. I plan to go the last week of June.

If the hotel is good, I think up to 5000 a night, either for a suite or two rooms.

Have a couple of friends in Pattaya so might go there for a couple of days, if the road is good. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Have a couple of friends in Pattaya so might go there for a couple of days, if the road is good. 

You should be OK coming from Chantaburi until just before Rayong where Highway 36 splits off from Highway 3, and from where you could be slowed up somewhat. There are major roadworks on both Highway 36 (where a number of additional flyovers are currently under construction) and the Highway 3 alternative through Maptaput (after battling your way through Rayong City Centre).

Edited by OJAS
  • Thanks 1

To follow up on the above post. Probably better to take Highway #2 from KK. Then perhaps 304 and then 317 down to the Chantaburi area. From there you can go left towards Trat, where there are some nice resorts (Centara is one), or even get the ferry over to Koh Chang island, which would probably fill your needs, as there are many many hotels/resorts right on the different beaches.   Or you can turn right and go to the Laem Mae Phim area where there are also many hotels with private beaches.

If you do go to Pattaya on the way back then yes there are some road works, but they don't inconvenience you that much, and in this case you would be better taking Highway #36. About 3hours drive from the Chantaburi area.

So these are my suggestions, so you need to research some hotels in all the areas that fit the family.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Khao Lak is certainly not in Eastern Thailand :whistling:

BTW, but maybe for another thread, how is it @bradiston to live on such a small island ?

Yes, someway from the sea, but Chantaburi has a famous shipyard, as does Trad. I love these 2 provinces. After my first visit to Klong Yai, on the way to the (closed) border at Hat Lek, in 1986, I swore this was journey's end for me. You know how you suddenly feel at home somewhere?

Mood swings engendered by living on a 16 sq km island for any longer than 3 months at a time range from trying to figure the odds of making a swim for it, to thanking heaven for such a safe haven in these troubled times. But yes, it would be the subject for another thread I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thainet said:

To follow up on the above post. Probably better to take Highway #2 from KK. Then perhaps 304 and then 317 down to the Chantaburi area. From there you can go left towards Trat, where there are some nice resorts (Centara is one), or even get the ferry over to Koh Chang island, which would probably fill your needs, as there are many many hotels/resorts right on the different beaches.   Or you can turn right and go to the Laem Mae Phim area where there are also many hotels with private beaches.

If you do go to Pattaya on the way back then yes there are some road works, but they don't inconvenience you that much, and in this case you would be better taking Highway #36. About 3hours drive from the Chantaburi area.

So these are my suggestions, so you need to research some hotels in all the areas that fit the family.  Good luck.

https://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/

I just got a newsletter from them. They have very good promotions for all their hotels in that area (Trat, Koh Chang, Rayong etc). 

• Like 1

On the 9th June Phuket beaches will be open. Tonnes of great family friendly hotels of beautiful beaches ????????

I live surin beach n there’s a great range of places from expensive to smaller n very reasonable prices all around here. Come on down, your welcome✌️

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thainet said:

https://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/

I just got a newsletter from them. They have very good promotions for all their hotels in that area (Trat, Koh Chang, Rayong etc). 

Koh Chang is excellent but beware of swimming in low season on some beaches, rips can take you.

• Like 1

I can warmly recommend Cinnamon Art Resort and Spa on Koh Mak.

If you want: A quiet vacation, amazing snorkeling, very large pool, private pool at bungalow, beach front/sea view, 500m pier, great Thai food, great fishing and a nice safe island to explore on motorbikes. My experience is it rains less on Koh Mak compared to Koh Chang and Koh Kood.

The Pool Hut villas are on promotion at 4900 thb per night.

https://www.cinnamonkohmak.com/

Maybe ask your wife to call the hotel of choice and ask them if the government support of buy 1 get 2 days deal can be made?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THEN said:

I can warmly recommend Cinnamon Art Resort and Spa on Koh Mak.

If you want: A quiet vacation, amazing snorkeling, very large pool, private pool at bungalow, beach front/sea view, 500m pier, great Thai food, great fishing and a nice safe island to explore on motorbikes. My experience is it rains less on Koh Mak compared to Koh Chang and Koh Kood.

The Pool Hut villas are on promotion at 4900 thb per night.

https://www.cinnamonkohmak.com/

Maybe ask your wife to call the hotel of choice and ask them if the government support of buy 1 get 2 days deal can be made?

Looks good, thanks. I have a government employee card, I might give them a call.