Regular Stalling.

NoshowJones

Why is it when I stream/download, my movie is always "stalled" after a while, there it is again this morning. Got to 26.3% and it has been like that for nearly 4 hours. this has been very regular over the past few weeks although I usually get the movie in the end, there are also times when I don't even get it at all.

I have managed very easily to download/stream, but now things have gone to pieces.

It's also possible that you have a problem with something called "port forwarding"  but the fix for this depends on your torrent program, your router, and possibly your ISP.

You could try yo Google that one.

3 minutes ago, JaiMaai said:

This varies on what program you are using to download but you need to check how many "seeds" there are.  Seeds are computers that have complete copies of the file,  Leechers/Peers are computers tryinng to download.  As every user downloads a piece of the file, they can then share it with everyone else — in theory making the download faster for everyone.

If there are only a few seeds or one goes offline then you will need to wait until the seeds come online again.  In uTorrent, you can also look at the "Availability" which should be 1 (100%) if a complete copy is available.  (In some cases it may not be so you will NEVER get the complete download)

utorrent.jpg

I am using quBittorent to download, so it means that I just have to hope for the best that my movie will complete the download. I have one movie that has been at "stalled" since about 10am. Is there anything I can do about this seeds thing, or I should change my downloader?

My downloader does not look like the description you have given. Maybe I should download utorrent.

qbittorrent.jpg.556936c8ee47331852a71f82ebb2ae33.jpgI don't use qbittorrent so I'm not familiar with it.  I've found a screenshot,

Try selecting the download you're having a problem with and then click on peers (circled).

qbittorrent.jpg

Edited by JaiMaai
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I have one movie that has been at "stalled" since about 10am. Is there anything I can do about this seeds thing

No you can't do anything about "seeds" as they are other people who share the file from a computer,many times that computer is not on/sharing  24/7   so obviously cannot "seed" while turned off...you might have some luck  adding trackers.

I have waited more than a month for some torrents to fully download !!

tracker.jpg.0200cce9c6bf02ca06e6f1f557f919a8.jpg

• Thanks 1

With a SeedBox, you do not need to download anything to your PC, unless you want to do so. Nor do you need to install any software to your device, unless you want to do so.

Instead the items are stored elsewhere for you. You are then provided with a secure link from whence you can choose to stream or download, from anywhere.

Useful if you have limited storage. Your collection travels with you.

On 6/6/2020 at 2:35 AM, possum1931 said:

am using quBittorent to download, so it means that I just have to hope for the best that my movie will complete the download.

Engaging in illegal download of movies is not recommended. Netflix/Amazon stream works wonerful for me. No stalling. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

With a SeedBox, you do not need to download anything to your PC, unless you want to do so. Nor do you need to install any software to your device, unless you want to do so.

Instead the items are stored elsewhere for you. You are then provided with a secure link from whence you can choose to stream or download, from anywhere.

Useful if you have limited storage. Your collection travels with you.

i had a seedbox subscription for years, and it was incredibly useful to retain good numbers on private trackers and ftp speeds down to my computer were very quick, i could chose a movie or series and be watching it in minutes.

a good affordable seedbox is quite difficult to find though.

now however the expense is unnecessary as there are many excellent streaming platforms out there.

cinema apk with a real debrid subscription gets me anything i could want, and hiccups in the stream are very rare.

10 minutes ago, n00dle said:

i had a seedbox subscription for years, and it was incredibly useful to retain good numbers on private trackers and ftp speeds down to my computer were very quick, i could chose a movie or series and be watching it in minutes.

now however the expense is unnecessary as there are many excellent streaming platforms out there.

cinema apk with a real debrid subscription gets me anything i could want, and hiccups in the stream are very rare.

I pay the equivalent of 95 baht per month for what I need. YMMV.

3 hours ago, johng said:

Someone on this forum (can't remember user name)  was making these "seed boxes"

seed.JPG.502d1799f23970a1f733253244764f1a.JPG.5132178f20b810b49d9623c2eeacc88c.JPG

I have a similar low power setup but with lithium cell backup. The idea came from member maxpower who posted his system a while back. These boxes  connect locally and exposes the IP. This would bother me if I was back in Europe but not so much here.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/965575-thai-vpns-and-testing-them/page/2/

Edited by Fruit Trader
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

I pay the equivalent of 95 baht per month for what I need. YMMV.

perhaps prices have come down.

i used a seedbox almost 10+ years ago now, maybe even earlier when i decided truvisions (actually called ubc tv then) was utter garbage. 

at that time i do not believe torrent clients could stream and everything had to be sucked down via ftp before viewing.

47 minutes ago, n00dle said:

i used a seedbox almost 10+ years ago now, maybe even earlier when i decided truvisions (actually called ubc tv then) was utter garbage. 

at that time i do not believe torrent clients could stream and everything had to be sucked down via ftp before viewing.

With the service I use, if I choose, I can stream direct from the TV. No need even for a PC, Android box or casting.

In addition, I am not limited to Torrents.

Of course I only download titles I already own, as I wouldn't dream of downloading copyrighted material illegally....

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

if there is no one out there online with the complete file the client doesn't matter.

Very true.  But client can make things easy or hard at times.  I changed to Tixati for about a decade and have been very happy with it but do not stream anything, although it can.  

On 6/8/2020 at 12:06 PM, n00dle said:

What does DEBRID mean please?

When it happens to me when downloading I push the pause button and then push again to continue  … most time it works .

Edited by david555

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

There is a notice on my torrent website which says "you have seven torrents that need seeding".

What do I do about this? Do I need to get this Seedbox? That seems a bit complicated to me.

That (probably) means that some movies/series that you have downloaded in the past now have no one "seeding" them.  This means that there is now no way for anyone else to get a complete copy of the file.  If you still have the complete files then the "polite" thing to do would be to add them to your torrent program again.  You would do this by adding the file again as if you were downloading it again.

In your case, I wouldn't recommend a seedbox at this time due to your lack of confidence with tech.

• Thanks 1

On 6/8/2020 at 6:48 AM, n00dle said:

95 baht is quite low for a seedbox, it's possible with providers like https://iseedfast.com/ but you get what you pay for, the bandwidth and sotrage space is realy really low. You'll exhaust the box prety fast. the cost/bandwidth&storage is really bad. I think if you want a respectable seedbox, you're going to have to pay in the region of $10USD or 310baht. Seedbox reviews has pretty detailed reviews on various seedboxes.

One of the problem with having a Torrent client on your PC, apart from the fact that your ISP knows what you are doing, is the massive amounts of data that you use. As you are not only downloading whatever you are downloading, but you are uploading it to others.

In addition, it is usually the uploading that is frowned upon, more than the downloading.

You can mitigate the effect on your connection by tweaking the software, but again this requires some knowledge.

SeedBox service does all of this for you. So you can be working with 100s of GBs of media, with zero effect on your connection, since someone else is doing the downloading/uploading. All you need to do is play/stream or download for offline viewing.

• Confused 1

On 6/10/2020 at 3:05 AM, stouricks said:

You stream direct FROM the TV, to where please?

Your English is a bit suspect, but I'll try to reply to what I think you may be asking.

Providers offer different services. 

With one provider, I use the Browser on my TV to access the service. Their media player works within the Browser, so I can play certain media directly from the TV.

So I can be streaming from a Torrent in seconds. But their internal media player doesn't work with all media, just MP4.

If I want to do so with all media, I can use another, more expensive service, that will also do the media  conversion, in so that an Internal media player can be used. That service gives more options for using different devices; Roku, Apple etc

So which service you use may depend on your current setup/TV etc

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Your English is a bit suspect, but I'll try to reply to what I think you may be asking.

Providers offer different services. 

With one provider, I use the Browser on my TV to access the service. Their media player works within the Browser, so I can play certain media directly from the TV.

So I can be streaming from a Torrent in seconds. But their internal media player doesn't work with all media, just MP4.

If I want to do so with all media, I can use another, more expensive service, that will also do the media  conversion, in so that an Internal media player can be used. That service gives more options for using different devices; Roku, Apple etc

So which service you use may depend on your current setup/TV etc

MY English is a bit suspect?????

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stouricks said:

MY English is a bit suspect?????

Yes.

You stream direct FROM the TV, to where please?

You stream from the TV to your eyes. Is that the answer that you wanted. I suspect not.

So there is some gap in your understanding.

Don't get mad, just communicate in order to gain the knowledge that you need.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

Don't make things up off the top of your head. If you want to know, ask and I might tell.

For 95 baht I get a Torrent file size maximum of 1 TB. That is just file size, not storage space. I also max out my connection, so no bandwidth limit for me.

There are also a lot of other features apart from just Torrent processing.

The service is not for everyone. For instance people who use Private Trackers, as they don't have a policy for seeding.

So those people might choose another service if the want to keep their Ratios up.

There are a lot of options out there. You just have to look for one that suits you. 

why not just tell us who you use so we can check out their terms.

and a seedbox that doesnt seed seems rather questionable.

• Like 1