What’s happened with k.f.c

what’s going on with k.f.c ? Had a right argument with staff in ubon ratchathani yesterday before leaving for Bangkok after trying to order the colonels original k.f.c ( photo enclosed ) clearly the recipe has been changed ! Tastes nothing like k.f.c. When asking why the recipe has changed they looked at me like i had 2 heads and when i asked for a refund was basically ignored ! That’s when i told them i wouldn’t be calling back again as they were conning the public,. Looks more like the spicy version ... surely that’s false advertising trading under the k.f.c banner yet it seems there making there own recipe instead of the banners that stats colonels original chicken. If this was the u.k or the states there would be huge consequences - seems only in Thailand they can do what they want when they want ! 

D67DA62C-5747-470F-92B4-E14C2C047B04.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, SteveK said:

The meat they use seems to be mostly dark meat here, and usually comes swimming in grease. 5-star chicken is much better.

They use chicken. There is no dark chicken meat, more than close to the blood vessels. Chicken meat is white.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

They use chicken. There is no dark chicken meat, more than close to the blood vessels. Chicken meat is white.

There sure was when I was a kid and we raised them.  Drumstick and thighs got their flavor from the dark muscles.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Stadtler's local KFC makes original and extra crispy.  Original has flavour but extra crispy and spicy is not spicy.  It has no seasoning at all.  Stadtler sent back an entire bucket and made them replace it with original. 

Now Stadtler only order original and tells the he wants only chicken breasts on the bone, not the anemic breast hockey pucks they like to serve.

Stadtler is always amazed when two buckets arrive when one will normally do, and they arrive full of breasts.  Stadtler prefers white meat. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

The KFC chicken in this photo is most certainly not the Colonel's original. It is crispy-spicy. The Thais seem to prefer this.

D67DA62C-5747-470F-92B4-E14C2C047B04.jpeg

Yes, but I understand the OP ordered the original version.

Had a right argument with staff in ubon ratchathani yesterday before leaving for Bangkok after trying to order the colonels original k.f.c ( photo enclosed ) clearly the recipe has been changed ! Tastes nothing like k.f.c. 

On 6/6/2020 at 4:39 PM, Steve Vincent said:

what’s going on with k.f.c ? Had a right argument with staff in ubon ratchathani yesterday before leaving for Bangkok after trying to order the colonels original k.f.c ( photo enclosed ) clearly the recipe has been changed ! Tastes nothing like k.f.c. When asking why the recipe has changed they looked at me like i had 2 heads and when i asked for a refund was basically ignored ! That’s when i told them i wouldn’t be calling back again as they were conning the public,. Looks more like the spicy version ... surely that’s false advertising trading under the k.f.c banner yet it seems there making there own recipe instead of the banners that stats colonels original chicken. If this was the u.k or the states there would be huge consequences - seems only in Thailand they can do what they want when they want ! 

You definitely were given the spicy version, not a new version of the original recipe. 

I found out in Pattaya (asked a branch manager at Terminal 21) that the original recipe will not be sold temporarily until a future date yet to be decided. Probably with the lack of tourists, the demand was too low and they were throwing out too much. You know Thais are addicted to hot and spicy, so it makes economic sense not to cook the original recipe. It helps the original recipe buyers too as due to the low turnover it would probably be too dry as they don't throw it out as they should.

Relax, it should come back, but it could be some time before it does as we need tourists first.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JensenZ said:

You definitely were given the spicy version, not a new version of the original recipe. 

I found out in Pattaya (asked a branch manager at Terminal 21) that the original recipe will not be sold temporarily until a future date yet to be decided. Probably with the lack of tourists, the demand was too low and they were throwing out too much. You know Thais are addicted to hot and spicy, so it makes economic sense not to cook the original recipe. It helps the original recipe buyers too as due to the low turnover it would probably be too dry as they don't throw it out as they should.

Relax, it should come back, but it could be some time before it does as we need tourists first.

I found this on Facebook in reply to the same question.

KFC We would like to apologize for this inconvenience and will try our best to improve our service.
If this menu back in store, we will tell you as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned.

I read somewhere else (I cannot find it now) that KFC have run out of ingredients for the original recipe. They are waiting to import something (maybe the secret ingredient).

2 hours ago, petedk said:

I found this on Facebook in reply to the same question.

I read somewhere else (I cannot find it now) that KFC have run out of ingredients for the original recipe. They are waiting to import something (maybe the secret ingredient).

That is possible. I was only guessing at the reason why they quit selling it.