Biden wins enough delegates to clinch U.S. Democratic nomination

rooster59

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think Biden is more than OK. Even at his great age he has shown the capacity to change for the better. 45 only gets much worse. Biden's recent speeches about the pandemic and race issues have been fantastic. When he picks his dynamic younger woman as VP I think people are going to be surprised by the enthusiasm that his campaign generates. 

As far as 45 goes. He is not just bad, he really is evil. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/05/presidents-inhumanity-is-deeper-than-we-knew/

Trump’s soulless nature has done the nation incalculable harm

Just as crises can provide a test of anyone’s character, they do so especially with presidents. We stand burdened with watching a president fail his test, in cataclysmic fashion, and with the nation suffering the consequences.

if Trump wins a second term he will defend on America like a creature from a cheap Japanese horror movie.  Trumpzilla.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Tug said:

No surprise there it will be great to have an experienced unifying TEAM in the White House and get the ship of state back on course 

Yep, and I bet sleazy old Joe, his boy and family can't wait to get at that gravy train!

Hail to the Chief!

• Like 2

argh..

Full disclosure.. as a Canadian I will not be voting this fall.

My view of Potus is that he is an embarrassment to his nation and an indictment of the people who voted for him and continue to support him despite his incompetence..

But as everyone in the world watches the current convulsions over race, too little attention is being paid to Biden's central role in this situation. As the "Architect" of the 1994 Crime bill  that put so many minorities( and plenty of white people) in jail for ridiculously long sentences that the USA has an incarceration rate that many hard-core dictators would envy. His bill incentivized police forces to actually profit from a hard-line approach, with civil asset forfeiture (before conviction) that remained in their jurisdiction rather than being forwarded to the Federal Government. Police were lauded and benefited financially for high arrest numbers. This is Biden's legacy.

25 years later we see communities that just can't take anymore. I believe he still holds the core beliefs that have led to this place. He is an outlier in his own party and the American public in refusing to countenance Federal legalization of marijuana and decriminalization of other drugs which bankroll organized criminal groups.

Edited by bobbin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Monomial said:

There is only 1 poll I've seen so far that really tries to touch on the truth of who will win in November. It is this one:

https://247newsaroundtheworld.com/politics/us-election-2020-donald-trump-on-course-for-victory-despite-protests-exclusive/

And here is the key question they ask which nobody else does:

"...only 37 percent of Trump voters would want their friends and family to know how they had voted while 74 percent of Biden supporters are comfortable with it being known..."

It is this hidden support for Trump which is why he won in 2016, and why he will win again in November. Because not only are people embarassed to tell their friends and family of support for the demagogue, they are also embarassed to tell pollsters.  There is a significant hidden vote out there from people who do not want to be viewed as Trump supporters, but when that curtain closes and they feel finally anonymous without all the social pressures and shame to conform, they support his policies more than the status quo.

So listen to the polls all you want, but don't believe them. Biden is simply a bad remake of the Hillary Chronicles of 2016. The epic performed poorly in theaters 4 years ago, and it will get even worse reviews this time around.

So you don't need to vote as you are believing a victory is in hand from the silent voters. I however think his chances of being elected is less than him being in jail in 2021

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, malibukid said:

look for Trump to refuse to vacate the WH after looses.  the sergeant at arms will have to be called 

This senerio comes up every Presidential election year...going back as far as Richard Nixon.  

• Like 1