Biden wins enough delegates to clinch U.S. Democratic nomination

rooster59

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Indeed! 

I got to say that someone like Powell speaking up means a lot. I don't remember but did the libs have such nice feelings for him during the GW Bush Admin. ?

If Powell had run in 2016 I believe he'd be sitting in the WH now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I got to say that someone like Powell speaking up means a lot. I don't remember but did the libs have such nice feelings for him during the GW Bush Admin. ?

Absolutely, but IMO he was so ashamed of his speech to the UN he decided not to get involved in politics. For sure that speech would have been used against him.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Good news for Trump then. Hopefully they can't slide someone else in at convention if he has enough delegates now.

Well he needs some good news. Latest polls are little short of disastrous  for Trump. Biden up at 50% - rarely achieved. The Senate slipping away, a couple of GOP seats looking like definitely Dem already, and another 7 or so decidedly dodgy. At some point when Trump is no longer President, Republican elected officials will have to look back at the past four or eight years and ask themselves whether they stood on the "courage of their convictions" or the cravenness of their political aspirations.

Trump's only hope is a big upsurge of the economy, alternatively there could be a 2nd Covid wave. Trump has decided to risk US lives (About which he cares nothing) to restart the economy. It is a very very big risk. The economy may stutter and stumble forward a bit, but no economies have recovered significantly from this sort of hit quickly in the past, it just doesn't happen.. A second virus wave will destroy Trump for sure.

Right now "Sleepy" Joe just has to rest (Sleep even!) and let Trump destroy himself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

I don't think most people take their interneting so seriously. Unlike you who announces his intentions months ahead of time with a sense of misguided authority and the levity of an empty threat. It's cool now we know you really mean business. You are keeping notes. 

You have put the fear of God into me that you will likely later on, months from now twist people's words and use them against them. You sir, are a true internet hero. 

As long as you don't try to not pay up when you lose our bet I 'm good! Don't pull a trump and claim the lost election is fake. Promise?

15 hours ago, lust said:

The idea that Biden has a chance of being president IS a troll post.

Trump will win in a land slide. Especially after watching the USA burn itself down. The USA will be seeing red for 4 more years.

Yes, I agree that  the landslide into prison is foregone. Biden has promised NO PARDON

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Actually, I remember back in 2016 when I was talking to a Republican friend about all the deadbeats running in that election.  He asked me pointblank if there was any Republican that I would ever consider voting for.  I mentioned 2:  John Kasich and Colin Powell.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Silurian said:

Biden doesn't even need to campaign. Donald is good enough at destroying himself.

Chris Hayes Exposes Trump’s Incoherence by Simply Reading His Words Aloud

I wish I could post the whole reply. It is just crazy.

Reading his actual words is plain as day. Word for word make me wonder how his followers really justify why they could have any bit of confidence in him. Speaks volumes. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Well he needs some good news. Latest polls are little short of disastrous  for Trump. Biden up at 50% - rarely achieved. The Senate slipping away, a couple of GOP seats looking like definitely Dem already, and another 7 or so decidedly dodgy. At some point when Trump is no longer President, Republican elected officials will have to look back at the past four or eight years and ask themselves whether they stood on the "courage of their convictions" or the cravenness of their political aspirations.

Trump's only hope is a big upsurge of the economy, alternatively there could be a 2nd Covid wave. Trump has decided to risk US lives (About which he cares nothing) to restart the economy. It is a very very big risk. The economy may stutter and stumble forward a bit, but no economies have recovered significantly from this sort of hit quickly in the past, it just doesn't happen.. A second virus wave will destroy Trump for sure.

Right now "Sleepy" Joe just has to rest (Sleep even!) and let Trump destroy himself.

Closer to 51% and Hillary was 42%  She got destroyed by Republicans back then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silurian said:

It is truly amazing to see how many states are now a toss-up in the presidential election.

2020 Electoral Map Based on Polls

image.png.fce61f8f2dda1651ed37c639c1b415fa.png

Texas! Texas is a toss-up state!

Just today I received a fund raiser for taking Texas. Never in my lifetime would I see that happening. Truth is if Texas goes blue it is OVER

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Actually, I remember back in 2016 when I was talking to a Republican friend about all the deadbeats running in that election.  He asked me pointblank if there was any Republican that I would ever consider voting for.  I mentioned 2:  John Kasich and Colin Powell.

Probably either would have won. The man behind the curtain knew what the pulse was and pull out the inside straight. TY Comey...

Edited by earlinclaifornia
spelling

22 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Reading his actual words is plain as day. Word for word make me wonder how his followers really justify why they could have any bit of confidence in him. Speaks volumes. 

LOL. You obviously don't get it. It's not a vote for Trump because he's the ideal candidate. No, it's a vote against the awful candidates the Dems have put up last time and now. Put up a halfway decent Dem candidate and they'll shoo in.

Faced with the choice between 2 terrible candidates sensible people choose the least terrible. Pity US politics have become so broken decent people don't want to be POTUS, but blame the media for that.

24 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Closer to 51% and Hillary was 42%  She got destroyed by Republicans back then.

Pretty sure it was higher for HRC before the election. Her followers were so confident that they were going to start the celebration at campaign HQ before being told he won.

It's by no means a sure thing till election is over. Plenty of time left for something big to be pulled out of the bag by either side.

I was convinced the p***y tapes had done for Trump and was quite shocked when he won.

3 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

China sends congratulations to their chosen candidate.

I didn't know China had chosen anybody. Looks like the Dems don't need to care about getting support from outside US, (Which is illegal I believe).

Putin must be absolutely fuming at the mindless idiocy of Trump though. All that money Putin spent supporting him, and then his vast ego kicks huge holes in the hull of the GOP boat. I though you might enjoy a nautical analogy!.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Silurian said:

Biden with a 14 point lead. 14 points!!!

JUST IN: Stunning New CNN Poll Shows Biden 14 Points Over Trump

image.png.c853973dbf604cec0f4dc3f817f08883.png

Yes, and the 45 fans will say it was the same with HRC and look what happened.

But it wasn't!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/06/08/why-trumps-bad-poll-numbers-are-worse-than-2016/

Why Trump’s bad poll numbers are worse than in 2016

• Like 2

Hopefully America will wake up before the elections to what's likely to happen if blm continues to promote protesting. If biden becomes POTUS he'll be kneeling daily and apologizing profusely for the wicked ways of the white man. You don't have to like Trump on a personnel level, he's what's needed to fight this epidemic which is marching thru our country. No it's not a virus, it travels on 2 feet and is destroying the history of the world. It has several names blm, Antifa and my favorite "defund the police"

• Like 1
  • Confused 2