Need Breast Surgeon for Suspicious Lumps

MelAtBKK

I had mammogram and ultrasound done. Apart from cysts that I have carried for years, they found hypoechoic nodules with internal vascular supply. The assessment concluded BI-RADS 4A Suspicious abnormality (low suspicion for malignancy >2% to =<10%). My ObyGYN whom I found via this forum, doctor Panon Kasemsarn, recommended me to see a breast surgeon. He did refer me to a young surgeon in Samitivej Sukhumvit but I wondered if I should go straight to the more experienced one.

I'd greatly appreciate if friendly members here could recommend a breast surgeon.. If you have personal experiences, I'd be pleased to hear your story. 

Also - I don't know what to expect with such a result as per above.. also on the procedures I will likely go through.

Thanks a lot for your kind help.

Edited by MelAtBKK

This is top doctor for breast tumors+

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/doctors/Youwanush-Kongdan

Be warned that some people have been told they have to get a mammogram done at Bumrungrad befpre seeing her. These were foreign patients and it may have had to do with issues of quality of mammograms done in some neighboring countries but to best avoid this I suggest oyu make appointment by phone not online.

Next step will depend on the doctor:s assessment. If it were a single lesion biopsy would be expected but as you say nodules plural I am unsure. All them ore reason to see Prof. Youwanush to get really expert opinion.

Yes, I have heard that she has opened a private hospital oif her own but have no info at all on its facilities i.e. whether it is a full scale hospital or just a large clinic. I would be interested to hear after you have seen her.

Good luck. I forgot to mention you should bring with you not only the CD of this last mammogram but also earlier ones for comparison.

I visited Namarak hospital to see Dr. Youwanush. I can't make comprehensive evaluation as I was there only for outpatient service. The hospital was very new, very clean, and not crowded. The staff was friendly and professional. They spoke good English (although some were with very thick accent but it's not uncommon all over Thailand hence it's not specific to Namarak!). It's a small hospital so the general facilities can't be compared to huge hospital like Samitivej or BNH. The lobby looks more like co-working space. There's a small coffee/drink stall (that I believe only was attended if there's customer inquiring). I didn't see any restaurant but there's Namarak kitchen from which people could order meals. All in all I was satisfied with this "hip" hospital (everybody from receptions to doctors wear pink polos) specializing in breast.

Now - enough about the "facilities". As expected, I was comfortable with Dr. Youwanush. But what I'd consider different vs. other doctors (at least the few I met in big hospitals), Dr. Youwanush had ultrasound machine in her room. So - in addition to checking the USG result I brought, she did the check on my breast herself there and then.

The consultation fees were very reasonable as well.