Process Explorer - for Mobile Phones?

I use Process Explorer on my PCs. It sits in the "System tray", shows me how busy the processor is and I can find out what processes are running.

Is there anything similar for an Android phone?

The problem I have is that every few hours my phone runs very slowly for about 5 minutes. I think it might be doing backups to Google, or running a virus check but I can't be sure.

5 hours ago, treetops said:

Type "Process Explorer" or "Task Manager" into Google Play Store search and try a few of the apps shown.

Yes, already did that. Nothing comes close to actually showing which app is using all the CPU power.

Was hoping someone would recommend an app.

My last two budget phones have worked so well that for the last 5 years I haven't needed to install any resource monitor utilities. My Mi A2-lite still gives me 5 days of battery. Though I'd recently downloaded Zello (a neat audio messaging app) that was running great until I created a private password protected channel and it started killing my battery in three hours. The android "Battery Usage" feature was more than useless. After some try-this, try-that, uninstall this, reinstall this, kill the private password protected channel, I resolved the problem (but didn't like discovering I can't live monitor password protected channels in Zello unless I'm willing to completely sacrifice the battery).

Anywho, take a look at these '...best' articles and see if any of the suggestions strike your fancy:

5 Handy Android System Information Apps
By FreewareFiles | Last updated Jan 2, 2020

5 best task manager apps for Android!

By AndroidAuthority | July 5, 2019

7 Best System Monitoring Apps for Android

By Tecksillo's Chris Ong | Updated Nov 6, 2019

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 5:26 PM, RichCor said:

My last two budget phones have worked so well that for the last 5 years I haven't needed to install any resource monitor utilities. My Mi A2-lite still gives me 5 days of battery. Though I'd recently downloaded Zello (a neat audio messaging app) that was running great until I created a private password protected channel and it started killing my battery in three hours. The android "Battery Usage" feature was more than useless. After some try-this, try-that, uninstall this, reinstall this, kill the private password protected channel, I resolved the problem (but didn't like discovering I can't live monitor password protected channels in Zello unless I'm willing to completely sacrifice the battery).

Anywho, take a look at these '...best' articles and see if any of the suggestions strike your fancy:

5 Handy Android System Information Apps
By FreewareFiles | Last updated Jan 2, 2020

5 best task manager apps for Android!

By AndroidAuthority | July 5, 2019

7 Best System Monitoring Apps for Android

By Tecksillo's Chris Ong | Updated Nov 6, 2019

Thanks v. much for this. It's a bit late now - I'll have a good look in the morning!