Visitors to beaches 'must strictly adhere to precautions'

rooster59

Visitors to beaches 'must strictly adhere to precautions'

By THE NATION

800_22fa65ded9388d6.jpg

Photo credit: Facebook เทศบาลแสนสุข

People visiting beaches must wear medical masks and maintain social distance, Dr Panpimol Wipulakorn, the Department of Health’s director-general, said.

Panpimol advised people to avoid shouting in public places, as that was one of the ways the virus spread to others. Moreover, those in risk categories, such as elders and patients with respiratory ailments, should avoid going to crowded venues and confine outings to one or two hours.

People who get fever, coughing or sneezing after visiting tourist sites should see a doctor, the director-general advised.

Panpimol mentioned that her department, together with other relevant agencies, had provided safety for visitors to public attractions and beaches “We have told our staff at these places to wear medical masks during their working time, and ordered them to provide sanitisers to visitors,” she added. 

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389144

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-07

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Panpimol advised people to avoid shouting in public places, as that was one of the ways the virus spread to others.

dr dr give me the news i got a..... bad case of wuwu flu.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mr mr said:

dr dr give me the news i got a..... bad case of wuwu flu.

Doctor give me 2 mg zinc asap plus hyrdoxy-chloroquine and for sure you'll be allright. That's how it works, Zinc is the magic word.

• Confused 1

Tourism in the "new normal" must focus on things that are fun to do while wearing a mask. That'll help them restart the tourism sector. Oh, wait...nothing is very much fun while wearing a face mask. I take it back. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fruitman said:

Beaches are far more safe than skytrains and shoppingmalls since they're open and outdoors...

They better focus on the vendors in malls who just took their mask off because they can...

Na, better keep the beaches closed for good. They are hazardous places because folks are enjoying themselves there (whatever this means). A new generation of baby boomers needs to be avoided at all cost. :coffee1:

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I support the current advice on the use of masks but on a beach is one step too far. Social distancing is adequate. Its far to hot for masks on beaches, renders them useless in my opinion, you'd always be touching them, arranging them and sweating in them. 

You're missing the point. Making us wear masks on the beach and do other daft things is not really about health and safety. It's about power: Do as you are bloody well told, or else.

I learned this the hard way, as I incredulously obeyed orders to iron the pimples of my army boots with a hot spoon, fold my underwear into neat little eight-inch squares, and paint a heap of coal white. 

Power has a logic all its own. Hopefully we won't need to bring back national service to spread the message.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

People visiting beaches must wear medical masks and maintain social distance, Dr Panpimol Wipulakorn, the Department of Health’s director-general, said.

There are No new Wuhan Flu infected people from inside Thailand .the Only New infected and suspected infected wuhan Flu people are people that Came from Outside Thailand .They are Nearly All detected and in Quarantine or in a hospital. 

There's a bigger risk to get Infected with the Normal Flu and Dengue and Malaria than the Wuhan Flu.

the Mask thing is not needed anymore but for reassurance can wear one going into supermarkets.

• Like 1

Nobody listens, this is Thailand. Back to square one, all the lockdowns were pretty useless. They got some testing capability upgraded, but the tracing is still slow and manual. Whatever education they tried to do or could do went to deaf ears. What a waste and bound to be repeated ad infinitum. It's embedded in the populace thanks to deep mistrust in the usurpers. Nobody listens to corrupt villains.

7 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Tourism in the "new normal" must focus on things that are fun to do while wearing a mask. That'll help them restart the tourism sector. Oh, wait...nothing is very much fun while wearing a face mask. I take it back. 

They could do S&M tourism. Most people here are already in the M section.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

There are No new Wuhan Flu infected people from inside Thailand .the Only New infected and suspected infected wuhan Flu people are people that Came from Outside Thailand .They are Nearly All detected and in Quarantine or in a hospital. 

There's a bigger risk to get Infected with the Normal Flu and Dengue and Malaria than the Wuhan Flu.

the Mask thing is not needed anymore but for reassurance can wear one going into supermarkets.

Or being killed on the roads.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

You're missing the point. Making us wear masks on the beach and do other daft things is not really about health and safety. It's about power: Do as you are bloody well told, or else.

I learned this the hard way, as I incredulously obeyed orders to iron the pimples of my army boots with a hot spoon, fold my underwear into neat little eight-inch squares, and paint a heap of coal white. 

Power has a logic all its own. Hopefully we won't need to bring back national service to spread the message.

It's about power.

Strengthen the rich and make the poor poorer.

• Like 1