Thailand prepares for discreet reopening of tourism industry

rooster59

3 minutes ago, andre47 said:

Thailand has already a list with countries of low risk.

China with Hong Kong and Macau
South Korea

maybe they will add

Taiwan
Australia
New Zealand
Vietnam

Europe and USA for sure not, they are still high risk areas and this probably will not change until we have an vaccine

you maybe correct on those countries .... I doubt UK, US or Europe will be added until they are certain COVID has been contained. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, andre47 said:

Europe and USA for sure not, they are still high risk areas and this probably will not change until we have a vaccine

So they will probably never come back...for lack of a vaccine...

Otherwise, yes China and South Korea, plus Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam and Malaysia...the latter bringing millions of visitors every year who just have to cross the Southern border in the weekend in order to enjoy some fun...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayut Chan O Cha has handled the COVID19 situation exceptionally well, the stringent measures put in place worked to ensure minimal to zero transmissions or infections occurred.

Capture.Prayut2.PNG.cad309838ce60ed0d878a67514cfd941.PNG

Nonsense. Your favorite comment to almost all the comments of ofhers on Thaivisa . So i now say nonsence to your nonsrnse. And I've no intention of educating you. Ask your Dad Chan O Cha he may tell you the truth? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, DaLa said:

Planning a trip to Vietnam as I believe they should be on the list of acceptable countries.   Then on my return to Thailand at immigration...

I.O.   So where have you been sir?

Me   Well, I'd prefer to not say as it could be deemed to be offensive.

I.O   It's ok you can tell me

Me   Well I prefer not as it could be seen that I'm attempting to gain advantage.

I.O   Oh, I see you being discreet

Me   Yes, that's correct

I.O.  I accept that, but now can you tell me where you will be staying in Thailand?

Me  Well again, I really don't want to disclose that..

Should work out Ok , you think?

Never had one mutter more than a word or two to me, They know where iam arriving from simply by looking at my passport.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

nonsense .... 

Yes, it will be nonsense if that becomes the case.

(JCP108 posted "Several of us have predicted in here that, soon, Chinese tourists will be able to come here without the quarantine requirement while the rest of us will have to comply. It's coming to fruition.")

Edited by jojothai
clarification
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Deli said:

Ypur wife's income obviously doesn't depend on foreign tourism. My wife instead has 2 businesses, depending very much on foreign tourism and has a totally different opinion than yours. And me, too.

you cannot win all, can you?

28 minutes ago, connda said:

I was talking to my wife today and she brought up tourism.
Her take is that most average Thais want the borders pretty much shut permanently to all foreigners (outsiders) and only allow domestic tourism. 

16 minutes ago, Deli said:

Ypur wife's income obviously doesn't depend on foreign tourism. My wife instead has 2 businesses, depending very much on foreign tourism and has a totally different opinion than yours. And me, too.

That is true.  She's solidly a middle class Thai retiree now.  So, her version is probably more in-line with the sentiments of other middle class Thais who don't depend on tourism-centric sources of income. 
If you're to believe the statistics issued by Thai ministries that the unemployment rate is only 10%, then no doubt a lot of those 10% depend on tourism for a living.  However - 90% of Thais do not.

• Confused 2

41 minutes ago, Nip said:

Nonsense. Your favorite comment to almost all the comments of ofhers on Thaivisa . So i now say nonsence to your nonsrnse. And I've no intention of educating you. Ask your Dad Chan O Cha he may tell you the truth? 

where did you learn to spell ....  

• Haha 1